CB's Pathfinder Beta -- Burnt Offerings

Merlin's Shadow

First Post
Grokk groans in pain, his hands clutching his head. I hate goblins!

Once the agony passes, the half-orc will attempt to attack the spell-slinging goblin. If it has already been killed or has run away, he will attack the nearest goblin to him.

Round 4

Sivan deteminedly trudges forward, glaive at the ready. The paladin's stubborn stride forward at last pays off; he rounds the corner separating the Festival Square and the public green to the south.

Hackles raised, Sandstone rounds the corner of the cottage and advances closer to the bonfire. Standing his ground and readying a bite at any goblin approaching within melee range, the tawny collie bares his canine fangs and barks threateningly at the trio of goblins.

The sight of the helpless priest fills Elyra with dread. She cannot leave either goblin unattended when the half-orc cannot defend himself. "Take that one," she calls to Tac, "I'll get the other." Elyra runs to the goblin standing before the chanter and strikes, hoping to slay the wretched thing quickly. Longsword at the ready as she sweeps past the stunned priest, Elyra puts the might of her well-muscled arm into her swing and aims for the exposed neck of Goblin1. With a mighty and resonant ting of metal slicing through air, Elyra lops the head off Goblin 1 with a clean blow, dealing 10 points of damage. The goblin chanter standing behind its dead compatriot narrows its eyes at Elyra, its raised whip twitching.

Grokk groans in pain, his hands clutching his head but unable to do anything more for the moment. I hate goblins!

Tac cringes at the piercing shrieking sound from Goblin3, but cringes more as he notices the heretofore-effective half-orc appearing to be incapacitated by the sound. "That does not look like a good sign," Tac mutters, gulping audibly. Nodding at Elyra's retreating back, Tac takes a deep breath and rushes Goblin2, hoping his rapier will prove effective without a hulking half-orc as distraction. As the tip of Tac's rapier whittles through the air by the bonfire, Goblin2 hops sideways toward the flames. Though Tac's lunge with the rapier is a miss, bits of Goblin2's leather armor begin to smolder from the intense heat and proximity of the bonfire. The goblin hops distractedly to and fro, howling in fright--Tac completely forgotten for the moment.

One of its kin dropped to the ground on the public green and the other goblin distracted by its smoldering armor, Goblin3 focuses on Elyra with a hard squinty glare and shuffles ten feet to the north. Drawing its barbed-tip braided whip backward then casting the throngs forward, Goblin3 attempts to lash Elyra but misses wide. The missed blow clearly angers the goblin and, unlike its brethren who tend to retreat, Goblin3 warily eyes Elyra and prepares to lash out again with the whip. The creature's eyes flicker toward Grokk.

The hideous goblin shriek begins to retreat from memory and Grokk finds that he recovers himself and can once again move. Elyra now stands between himself and one headless goblin lying in a pool of blood at her feet, while the shrieking goblin has pranced ten feet to the north.

Status: Sivan H1 (new map), Taran I4, Elyra N7, Grokk L7, Tac I9, Talashia off-map (doing something honorable). Goblin1 dropped. Goblin2 J10. Goblin3 P7.

Initiative:
Sivan 21
Taran 14
Elyra 11
Grokk 8
Tac 7
Talashia 3
Goblins 2

Attachments

• Combat2e.jpg
    Combat2e.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue AC 16 (dodge), HP 9

"Yup. Definitely easier with a half-orc," Tac decides as the gobling dodges his attack. Hoping his cousin's doing better, Tac lunges at the goblin again.

[sblock=OOC]Rapier attack +3, 1d6 dmg[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Elyra advances warily, meeting the Goblin's gaze with a steely glare and weaving her bloodstained blade before her. She has played this game with goblins before, and knows that the creatures become distracted by displays of rhythm and color.

Despite itself, the goblin's attention drifts for a moment from thoughts of war to delight in the shining crimson flicking before it. In that instant, Elyra lunges.

[sblock] OOC: Take a 5 foot step to O6, Longsword attk +4, 1d8+3 against Goblin 3;
I figure the whip has reach and I don't have the Pathfinder rules handy -- Does the 5 foot step invoke an attack of opportunity? It does not matter, she will soak it if necessary for the chance to strike the Goblin.

The fascination bit above is just color for the Favored Enemies schtick -- Edit or eliminate it if it is inconsistent with anything.
[/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
Ears back, hackles raised, fangs bared; Sandstone growls for a moment before swiftly closing the distance between he and the goblin warchanter. Once within reach the viscous canine lunges to tear at the small creature's soft neck with his powerful jaws.

OOC: Growling as a free action. Charge to O-6 as a full round action, attacking goblin 3; bite +6 (1d6+4); –2 penalty to AC.

Merlin's Shadow

First Post
Praise Torag!, Grokk thinks as the pain recedes. His grim eyes train on the goblin whose foul screech caused it. Seeing it fall, he grunts in satisfaction and then turns his gaze to the one goblin still standing. With a determined glare, he swings his hammer and runs at the foul creature, prepared to end its life.

[sblock=OOC]Charge attack: +4, 1d8+2/20/x3, AC: 13[/sblock]

Last edited:

Round 5

Sivan, reaching the scene, continues toward the goblin nearest the byway. The yellow-haired paladin strides forward, looking to aid Tac.

Ears back, hackles raised, fangs bared; Sandstone growls for a moment before swiftly closing the distance between himself and the goblin warchanter. Once within reach, the viscious canine lunges to tear at the small creature's soft neck with powerful jaws. The rough collie flies to a position just past Elyra and clamps its fanged maw 'round Goblin3's fleshy neck, biting for 9 points of damage. As Sandstone's teeth rend the goblin's flesh, the goblin goes limp as a rag doll in the collie's mouth, blood coursing from a gaping wound. Goblin3's whip falls in a sodden bloody mess to the ground.

Elyra advances warily, meeting the Goblin's gaze with a steely glare and weaving her bloodstained blade before her. She has played this game with goblins before, and knows that the creatures become distracted by displays of rhythm and color. Just before Elyra and act, however, the brown collie flashes past and, leaping the last few feet, grabs the goblin by the throat for the kill.

Praise Torag! Grokk thinks as the pain recedes. His grim eyes train on the goblin whose foul screech caused it, watching as the rough collie slays the beast.

"Yup. Definitely easier with a half-orc," Tac decides as the goblin dodges his attack. Hoping his cousin's doing better, Tac lunges at the goblin again. Tac lunges, but Goblin2 goes wild with the fear of fire as small flames erupt on the shoulder of its armor. The goblin hops back and forth in a frenzy, unable to put out the fire, its frenzied movements a plague to Tac's aim.

Status: Elyra and Grokk can re-declare Round 5 actions, if desired--Taran's kill of Goblin3 alters the combat. Current positions (pending actions/movement for Elyra and Grokk): Sivan H9, Taran O6, Elyra N7, Grokk L7, Tac I9, Talashia off-map. Goblin1 dropped. Goblin2 J10. Goblin3 dropped. [imager]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7070/combat2f.jpg[/imager]

Initiative:
Sivan 21
Taran 14
Elyra 11
Grokk 8
Tac 7
Talashia 3
Goblins 2

Last edited:

Still leading Talashia by the hand, the girl child pulls and tugs her way west through Sandpoint. The ground underfoot slopes down as the byway wends its way toward the lower elevation of town flanking the eastern and southern bank of the river. As the pair alternately walk and jog through the streets, Talashia hears the town's alarm bell toll, and menfolk bustle women, children, and the very old into homes or shops. Talashia passes a knot of three men armed with billy clubs, one of whom looks as if he'd like to herd her away from the fight but obviously lets the issue go as Talashia hustles the girl west away from the fracas in front of the Cathedral. Everywhere the pair passes, it's evident that Sheriff Baylock has called for the volunteer brigade for form, for men hunt for makeshift weapons and head east and north for the city offices.

Stopping in front of a thatched-roof cottage with a bit of smoke floating out its fire hole in the roof, the girl opens the front door and flies into the arms of a surprised-looking woman whose thick brown braids hang in a dishevelled mess. "Clara!" The woman cries, hugging the girl fiercely before also pulling away to chastise her daughter. "So worried we were! Musn't run off like that!" An grey-haired woman wrapped in an old but clean woolen blanket sits on the dirt hearth beside the fire, nodding her head in oblivion while the mother clucks at her child. "So worried!" Noticing Talashia lingering in the doorway for the first time, the mother straightens in fear and shoves the girl behind her back. "Who's this then?" the mother asks, eyeing Talashia with suspicion. Clara's voice, muffled in her mother's skirts, squawks, "No, Ma, she's good. She helped me back here." At Clara's words, the mother's stance softens a hair but she keeps the girl pressed behind her and takes a step to place herself between the door and the grandmother by the hearth.

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia smiles at Clara and nods at her mother. "Please accept my apologies if I seem rude, but the goblins are still attacking, and now that Clara is safe I'll be needed back there. Keep your door shut and locked until you hear a human voice is my suggestion."

She spares a wave for the little girl. "Goodbye Clara. Keep your mother safe from the goblins now."

Then she takes a step back and turns to head back towards the fight, this time at a full run!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases