CB's Pathfinder Beta -- Burnt Offerings

mfloyd3

Explorer
Elyra re-declaring for Round 5:

Ears back, hackles raised, fangs bared; Sandstone growls for a moment before swiftly closing the distance between himself and the goblin warchanter. Once within reach, the viscious canine lunges to tear at the small creature's soft neck with powerful jaws. The rough collie flies to a position just past Elyra and clamps its fanged maw 'round Goblin3's fleshy neck, biting for 9 points of damage. As Sandstone's teeth rend the goblin's flesh, the goblin goes limp as a rag doll in the collie's mouth, blood coursing from a gaping wound. Goblin3's whip falls in a sodden bloody mess to the ground.

"Good dog," Elyra tells the dog, her tone flat and her features poker-faced. She notices Tac closing with the goblin on the other side of the bonfire, and skirts around the blaze. She comes up behind the foul creature and swings at it.

OOC: Moving clockwise around the fire. If I've counted spaces right (depending on where the edge of the bonfire sits) she can move and attack. If necessary, she will just make a double move and try to set Tac up with a flank.

Attk: longsword +4 1d8+3

Walking Dad

First Post
Sivan

Sivan uses the superior reach of his weapon to attack the nearest goblin.

ooc: Sivan attacks with his
glaive (1d20+4, 1d10+6) G2.

Round 5, Re-declaraction [Sivan, Elyra, Grokk]

Having lumbered down the byway from the north, Sivan thrusts his glaive past Tac at Goblin2 but misses; Goblin2's leather jerkin, now fully on fire, causes the vile creature to yowl in fear and pain. The fire on the southwestern side of the bonfire creeps up the pile of wood, igniting a hollow log on top and sending a shower of sparks raining down below.

On the dry side of the bonfire, Elyra congratulates Taran on his kill. "Good dog," Elyra sas, her tone flat and her features poker-faced. She notices Tac closing with the goblin on the other side of the bonfire, and skirts around the blaze. Elyra comes up behind the foul creature and swings at it. Goblin2 thrashes wildly, unaware of Elyra standing behind it; the creature's wild sporadic movements render Elyra's swing with the longsword a miss. Unable to put out the fire in its armor and uncaring of the double threat to its front, Goblin2 darts forward and attempts to run away, shrieking as the fire seeps consumes the last of its leather jerkin and begins to work on skin and flesh. The goblin's heedless attempt to flee presents Sivan, Elyra, and Tac with the opportunity to strike again. Sivan is the first to react, jabbing his glaive forward a second time--this time catching the goblin for 7 points of damage. The goblin's fire-crazed eyes sigh with surprise and near relief as Sivan's glaive slices open a vital wound, causing Goblin2 to collapse in a burning heap of blood and entrails at the base of the bonfire.

A quick check of the public green reveals no more signs of goblins at hand. Cries of danger, however, still ring throughout the town from all sides. Doors thud closed and are latched and barred from the inside, and the Sandpoint Bell tolls warning peals from the direction of the city offices further west on the bluff overlooking the dock by the river. The sound of mens' voices, eager to fight, and the din of clanking metal resonate, even from the quiet of the public green. The fire atop the bonfire finds fresh fuel on the northern slope of sticks and fully ignites, sending smoke and sparks heavenward.

*******************************Initiative over, please post at will*****************************

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

As the armored man takes down the final goblin, Tac gives a heartfelt, "Thanks. I'm not much of a fighter, myself."

Now with the cackle of goblin speech silenced, he looks about.

"That has to be all of them, right?" he says, clearly unconvinced. "I mean, any more and surely the guard would have spotted them? Speaking of ... where is the town guard?"

mfloyd3

Explorer
"That has to be all of them, right?" he says, clearly unconvinced. "I mean, any more and surely the guard would have spotted them? Speaking of ... where is the town guard?"

"Good question," answers Elyra. Sparing another look at the dog, she looks around the square again.

"Where does the militia muster?" she asks her cousin.

Ambrus

Explorer
"Good dog," Elyra sas, her tone flat and her features poker-faced.
As the violence abates, the tawny collie lets its long tongue dangle from its lips before responding with a resounding bark. Panting, Sandstone peers around the green intently with its ears cocked as it searches the surrounding area for wayward goblins.
Assuming no other goblins are in evidence, the canine lopes westward along Tower street towards the nearby city offices.

Walking Dad

First Post
Sivan

As the armored man takes down the final goblin, Tac gives a heartfelt, "Thanks. I'm not much of a fighter, myself."

"My name is Sivan. And you did good."

Now with the cackle of goblin speech silenced, he looks about.

"I don't know. But if they infiltrated the ceremony, they could be everywhere. We should band together and look for others who might need our assistance."

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

"My name is Sivan. And you did good."

Tac blushes. "No, really I got in one lucky shot. Oh! And I'm Tac, and this is my cousin Elyra, and he's Grokk--we just met."

Assuming no other goblins are in evidence, the canine lopes westward along Tower street towards the nearby city offices.

Tac is about to answer his cousin when the dog starts off. He closes his mouth a moment, looks to Elyra, then shrugs.

"Actually ... that way," he says, pointing after the dog.

"That's Sandstone, by the by." Tac informs Sivan.

"Um, also, I seem to have misplaced Talashia again. I saw her when we were running to the fire, but ... I hope she's okay."

"We should band together and look for others who might need our assistance."

"Well, I'd hope other folks would be seeking out the guard, too. We should have a better idea of any other trouble spots by talking to them. It's not a big city, but it's very ... twisty. I wouldn't want to go wandering around blind trying to figure out where goblins would pop up."

Shayuri

First Post
As she runs back towards the bonfire, Talashia is relieved to see that the goblins appear to have been dealt with. She slows to a trot as she comes nearer to some people she recognizes from the debacle at the feast.

"You got them! Good work! Have you heard or seen any more around here?"

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Actually ... that way," he says, pointing after the dog.

"That's Sandstone, by the by." Tac informs Sivan.
"Is it?" Mutters Elyra darkly. This draws a querulous look from Tac, but he continues.

"Well, I'd hope other folks would be seeking out the guard, too. We should have a better idea of any other trouble spots by talking to them. It's not a big city, but it's very ... twisty. I wouldn't want to go wandering around blind trying to figure out where goblins would pop up."

Elyra looks at the goblin corpses. While hardly fat, the goblins do not show signs of starvation. And they are sufficiently well-armed to make her think they are not poor, at least by the standards of their kind. So what would drive these creatures to attack a town of this size?

"There's something funny here," she observes, "Let's see if we can find out what before we meet up with the militia." She walks over to the whip-wielding goblin and begins checking over the blood-stained corpse.

OOC: Search of the body. Anything odd? Also, I think Sandstone killed this one. Elyra would be looking to see if anything seems strange about the wound.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases