Pathfinder RPG CB's Pathfinder Beta -- Burnt Offerings - Page 12





+ Log in or register to post
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 389
  1. #111
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Ambrus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Montreal QC, Canada
    Posts
    4,434

    ° Ignore Ambrus
    Sandstone pads along Tower street until the curve of the road allows him to see the city offices building; perhaps a hundred feet away from the bonfire. The tawny collie is curious to see the crowd assembling there, who appears to be in charge and what kind of action is being organized. All the while he remains vigilant for signs of skulking goblins in the area.
    Hey Berk! Check out my Sigil NPC List, Sigil Venues List and Sigil Papers & Map at http://www.planewalker.com.

    Currently Playing
    Running: The Cage, a Pathfinder tabletop Planescape campaign, Session 55[/SIZE]

 

  • #112
    Quote Originally Posted by jkason View Post
    Tac blushes. "No, really I got in one lucky shot. Oh! And I'm Tac, and this is my cousin Elyra, and he's Grokk--we just met."
    The burly half-orc nods when he hears his name and walks toward the others. "This attack makes little sense." He looks around for signs of further trouble, scratching his chin and the small patch of dark hair there. "It could be a distraction for something else going on. It could be a warning of further attacks. It could be the act of a rogue band of gobbies looking to stir something up, but I doubt it. I get the sense that there is something darker at work here."

    Grokk wipes the gore of off his hammer and slides it back into the sling on his back. "We should make sure nothing else is going on right now." He pauses, looking around, thinking. "And then I think we need to talk to the mayor...and the Sherrif. See if they have heard anything or know anything about this incident."

  • #113
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,722

    ° Ignore jkason

    Tac Abor, human rogue

    "Oh, thank goodness," Tac says when the familiar white-haired woman comes into view. "Between my conscience and the Chief Engineer, you have no idea how much misery I'd be in if you were hurt."

    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuri View Post
    "You got them! Good work! Have you heard or seen any more around here?"
    Tac shakes his head. "That's all we've seen. We were going to find the guard, but El wanted to look over the bodies. She knows a lot about gobbies, so I figured that was best."

  • #114
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,379
    I Defended The Walls!

    ° Ignore Shayuri
    "The bodies are dead. They're not going anywhere," Talashia points out. "The live ones are the one killing people. We need to keep moving!"

  • #115
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,281

    ° Ignore mfloyd3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuri View Post
    "The bodies are dead. They're not going anywhere," Talashia points out. "The live ones are the one killing people. We need to keep moving!"
    Elyra looked up. "Can you tell me what they're after?" She asked the white-haired woman irritably. "Because they don't usually charge into a town like this. They're cowards -- They attack when they have numbers, and run before there's a real fight."

  • #116
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CanadienneBacon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Greensburg, Indiana
    Posts
    3,735

    ° Ignore CanadienneBacon
    Elyra walks over to the whip-wielding goblin to check the blood-stained corpse. Perception 7/17 (inclusive of +2 vs goblinoids). The wound on the goblin's neck is ragged where sharp teeth ripped through sinew and muscle. The force behind the pair of jaws that did the damage is evident; while certainly strong, the creature who killed the goblin could have been a very powerful dog, or perhaps something stronger. Elyra finds no convincing evidence one way or other, save that the "dog" is a fierce warrior, and cunning, for it bides its time to wait for the opportune moment.

    Aside from the mortal neck wound, Elyra finds other aspects of the dead goblin to be interesting. For starters, the goblin is a she-goblin. Judging by the breast barding and bones intertwined into the she-goblin's lanky hair braids, the creature is some sort of shaman or warchanter whose role during battle is often to inspire the troops through song. The she-goblin's dogslicer is of the normal quality carried by most goblins, which is to say that the wrong angle on a poor blow would decimate the hilt and mangle the blade. A quick search of the she-goblin's nattered leather pouch reveals a small glass jar with a rusted metal lid, the contents of which look to be a clear green liquid. Other than the studded leather armor worn by the she-goblin, the whip, and the dogslicer, the dead she-goblin also sports a shortbow, a quiver containing 20 arrows, and 20 gold crowns. The gold coins are freshly minted, local, and shine brightly in the late-afternoon sun...quite a prize for a goblin.

    [imagel]http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/1149/sheriff.jpg[/imagel]With no other goblins are in evidence, Sandstone lopes westward along Tower street toward the nearby city offices. Padding along the street until the curve of the road allows him to see the city offices building--perhaps a hundred feet away from the bonfire--the tawny collie spots a throng of 40 armed locals, all of them men, and most of them poorly armed. Here and there, the remains of 16 dead goblins litter the cobblestone byway of Tower Street; from the goblin carcasses, it is clear that the town guard has been at work.

    The crowd of volunteers in front of the city offices is unorganized but stands murmuring quietly as Sheriff Hemlock, who appears to be in charge, issues orders. As Sandstone and the others approach, the sheriff send knots of men in pairs and threes off into the city in various directions to scour the town for last vestiges of goblin devilry. With each cluster of volunteers, the sheriff sends one official town guardsmen as deputy. [imager]http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/4198/mayorr.jpg[/imager]Kendra Deverin, the mayor of Sandpoint, sands quietly just inside the open doorway of the main city office buiding, nervously fingering a gold signet ring 'round and 'round on one finger.

    Sheriff Hemlock looks up and grunts as Grokk, Elyra, Sivan and the others round the bend in the byway opposite the gathering in front of city hall. "You there, you've the look of fighting sorts. We need a hand what with the White Deer. Grover here," the sheriff points the end of a club at a middle-aged man with a shriveled right arm before continuing, "thought he heard sommat amiss over there. I'm sending this lot," the sheriff gestures to the men gathered in the byway, "down ter the junkyard ter see what's what. If yer not badly injured," the sheriff eyes each and nods, sure that no one is hurt, "we'll be needing someone to have a look at the White Deer, just up the road a bit." The sheriff crosses his arms and waits for a reply, clearly expecting a yes. From the darkened doorway, the mayor pushes off the wall and eyes Talashia with interest.
    Last edited by CanadienneBacon; Monday, 13th July, 2009 at 07:54 PM.

  • #117
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,281

    ° Ignore mfloyd3
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadienneBacon View Post
    "You there, you've the look of fighting sorts. We need a hand what with the White Deer. Grover here," the sheriff points the end of a club at a middle-aged man with a shriveled right arm before continuing, "thought he heard sommat amiss over there. I'm sending this lot," the sheriff gestures to the men gathered in the byway, "down ter the junkyard ter see what's what. If yer not badly injured," the sheriff eyes each and nods, sure that no one is hurt, "we'll be needing someone to have a look at the White Deer, just up the road a bit." The sheriff crosses his arms and waits for a reply, clearly expecting a yes. From the darkened doorway, the mayor pushes off the wall and eyes Talashia with interest.
    Elyra wipes her bloody blade on the she-goblin's dirty breeches, then cuts its pouch free from its belt. "I'll go," she says flatly. She tosses the pouch to the sheriff. "But there's something wrong here. That's 20 crowns, all new and shiny. Looks like a payoff." She lets the sheriff digest that, then gestures to the pouch and adds, "Think you can get that to the wounded? I think the goblins owe 'em."

  • #118
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Ambrus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Montreal QC, Canada
    Posts
    4,434

    ° Ignore Ambrus
    The tawny collie turns his head to follow the pouch as it arcs overhead. A brief canine whine escapes his lips as the sheriff catches the tossed purse. Looking back mournfully, the tawny collie pads off to the right along Main Street as if heeding the sheriff's order. Continuing up the sloping road, the dog crosses Junker's Way onto Cliff street as turns eastward towards the city gate. All the while, Sandstone continues to peer around with ears cocked, on the lookout for goblin raiders in every shadow.
    Hey Berk! Check out my Sigil NPC List, Sigil Venues List and Sigil Papers & Map at http://www.planewalker.com.

    Currently Playing
    Running: The Cage, a Pathfinder tabletop Planescape campaign, Session 55[/SIZE]

  • #119
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,379
    I Defended The Walls!

    ° Ignore Shayuri
    "I'll go too, of course...but..."

    Talashia looks at Elyra with surprise bordering on shock.

    "You mean someone paid the goblins to attack? Are you sure? They could have looted those coins from townspeople, couldn't they?"

  • #120
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,281

    ° Ignore mfloyd3
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayuri View Post
    [COLOR="Cyan"]
    "You mean someone paid the goblins to attack? Are you sure? They could have looted those coins from townspeople, couldn't they?"
    "Looted 'em when?" Asked Elyra. "These guys seemed to spend the whole time dancing around the bonfire. And if they did make a score like this in the first few minutes, why'd they stay?" She shakes her head. "Something stinks." She picks up the goblin's jar of green liquid but does not comment on it, focusing instead on Talashia and the Sheriff.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Pathfinder Beta -- Burnt Offerings -- Character Repository
      By CanadienneBacon in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Tuesday, 2nd June, 2009, 10:19 AM
    2. Pathfinder #1 Burnt Offerings
      By Mr Baron in forum Fan Reviews
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st February, 2009, 05:49 AM
    3. Pathfinder: Burnt Offerings
      By CanadienneBacon in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 310
      Last Post: Monday, 8th September, 2008, 08:01 AM
    4. Pathfinder I: Burnt Offerings
      By Varianor Abroad in forum Fan Reviews
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Friday, 29th August, 2008, 07:25 PM
    5. Pathfinder I - Burnt Offerings?
      By Varianor Abroad in forum Meta
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th October, 2007, 11:28 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •