CB's Pathfinder Beta -- Burnt Offerings

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

Tac bites his lip at the sight of more goblins, but braces himself for more fighting. While they're distracted, he does his best to aim a bowshot at the soft exposed spot behind the dog-like creature's front leg.

[sblock=OOC]5' step to E10, then shortbow +1 (range penalty), 1d6 dmg +1d6 sneak attack[/sblock]

Surprise Round

Talashia frowned, thinking, then held her hands close to each other and incanted. Light blossomed between her palms. Not the eye-searing blue-white of electricity, but rather a much more calming violet-blue shade. It gathered into a small sphere about the size of one of her fists, then soared off away from Talashia, traveling in crazy swoops and circles until it hit the goblin rider squarely! Goblin commando hit squarely in the chest for 4 points magic missile damage.

Hackles raised, Sandstone loped forward while letting loose a series of thunderous barks to draw the goblins' attention away from the cornered human.

Biting his lip upon sight of more goblins, Tac braced himself for more fighting. With the goblins momentarily distracted, Tac aimed a bowshot at the soft exposed spot behind the dog-like creature's front leg. Tac's arrow winnows through the air, pricking the goblin dog cleanly in the front leg for 8 points of damage. The beast yelps in pain, just about the time its commando rider seems to recognize that an attack from the flank is underway.

Elyra hides her alarm at the sorceress' display of power. Cursing herself once again for not bringing her bow, Elyra wastes no time charging forward, blade at the ready.

Grokk growls, hefts his warhammer and thunders straight for the pack of goblins cowering behind the lettuce crates in front of the White Deer Inn and Tavern.

Bringing up the rear in steadfast manner, Sivan propels himself forward along with his comrades, his halberd pointed forward at the ready.

Status: Talashia E9. Taran J9. Tac E10, Elyra I10, Grokk F8, Sivan H9 (space I10 already occupied by Elyra). Talashia's magic missile, Tac's arrow, and Taran's barking have now fully alerted the goblins to your presence. Sorry, no updated map--EN World server is very iffy and I don't want to risk it, nor do I want to wait another 15 minutes to update with the map. Hopefully the server issue will soon be resolved and we can return to full-on gaming. 'Til then we're on "half rations." :)

Initiative:
Talashia 21
Taran 17
Tac 15
Goblin Commando 13
Goblins 13
Elyra 11
Grokk 5
Sivan 3

Ambrus

Explorer
The tawny rough collie continues to lope towards the goblin interlopers while barking loudly.

OOC: Full round action to run to S9. Barking as a free action.

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

Tac's arrow winnows through the air, pricking the goblin dog cleanly in the front leg for 8 points of damage. The beast yelps in pain, just about the time its commando rider seems to recognize that an attack from the flank is underway.

"Huzzah!" Tac cheers at the hit, and it's only then that he realizes his archer cousin is without her favored weapon.

The young architect rushes to his cousin's side, dropping both bow and arrows at her feet.

"I'm a decent shot when no one's looking, but I bet you can do better now that they know we're coming," Tac says. He smiles as he draws his rapier. "Besides, I have a half-orc to provide a distraction again, so maybe I can make good with this blade."

[sblock=OOC]Move action to I9, free action to drop bow and arrows, move action to draw rapier.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Talashia launches another blast of pure magical energy at the 'dog' riding goblin, and moves cautiously closer, wishing to bring her elemental powers into play.

Magic missile: 2 damage
Roll Lookup

Moving at least 20' closer in, but no closer than 10' to any goblin.

Talashia launches another blast of pure magical energy at the 'dog'-riding goblin, and moves cautiously closer, the better to bring her elemental powers into play. The bolt of white-hot energy slams into the Goblin Commando atop the found goblin dog, dealing 4 points of damage. Obviously injured and now bleeding, the Commando growls at Talashia and points a finger at the white-haired witch.

The tawny rough collie continues to lope towards the goblin interlopers while barking loudly. Upon gaining the front of the building nearest the Goblin Commando, Taran is in better position to deduce that the human man hiding behind the rain barrel by the White Deer Inn is a noble fop of some sort--the white lace sleeve cuffs, though dirty, are of Korvosan quality and mark the young-seeming nobleman as a man of family and position. The human stares wide-eyed at the rain of white hail and fire unleashed by Talashia and shivers--though whether from fear of goblins or the white-haired witch, Taran is uncertain. Either way, the fop looks too frightened to run and completely incapable in a fist fight.

Tac cheers as his first arrow hits its mark against the goblin dog. Tac's cheer is lessened as he realizes his cousin Elyra is perhaps the better shot but without her bow. Ever mindful of Elyra's talent, Tac rushes to his cousin's side, dropping both bow and arrows at her feet. "I'm a decent shot when no one's looking, but I bet you can do better now that they know we're coming," Tac says. Smiling as he draws his rapier, Tac continues, "Besides, I have a half-orc to provide a distraction again, so maybe I can make good with this blade."

Enraged and now fully at the ready, the Goblin Commando atop the riding goblin dog spurs his mount round and fires a shot with his shortbow at Talashia. Poorly armored, Talashia proves a ready mark for the Commando's arrow and is pierced through the thigh for 3 points of damage. As blood flows freely from Talashia's new leg wound, the goblin dog slavers in anticipation, and the Commando points at Talashia--barking a command in a gutteral-sounding foreign tongue. "Griznacht ebbn! Geligcht!"

[imager]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/2523/combat3b.jpg[/imager]Obviously spurred to action by the Commando's order, the four goblins hiding behind the lettuce crates jolt to action. Two begin to creep forward, low to the ground, toward Talashia. The first of this pair (Goblin1) scuttles behind the side of the house adjacent the northern edge of the byway nearest the Inn and is soon out of sight to all save Taran. The second of the pair (Goblin2) bolts forward into the open, streaking directly for Talashia--dog slicer at the ready.

The other pair of goblins dart from the lettuce crates toward the nobleman hiding behind the rain barrel. Goblin3 clambers between crates, knocking over the topmost crate in the process, and gains enough momentum to round the rain barrel and jab at the hidden nobleman with the rusted tip of its dog slicer. Though poorly fashioned, the dog slicer does its work, digging into the nobleman's arm for 1 point of damage. The nobleman howls in pain as muscle lies exposed on his tattered arm; the human's feral reaction is very much to the liking of Goblin3, who hops up and down in glee, recklessly brandishing its dog slicer in the air with wild excitement. Goblin4, who likewise scurried through the heap of lettuce crates, comes to an abrupt halt behind Goblin3 and is forced to duck to stave off being unwittingly sliced by the other creature's brandished blade. The mad barking of Taran catches Goblin4's attention, and a slyly cunning look crosses its face for half a moment as the creature croaks a jab at the rough collie.

Status: Round 1 paused mid-way for other players to evaluate and react to current combat. Moving though the lettuce crates counts as difficult terrain and thus takes double movement of 10 feet per 5-foot square. Talashia I8. Taran S9. Tac I9. Goblin Commando (mounted on goblin dog) U8. Goblin1 M1 (at the side of a house). Goblin2 L4. Goblin3 X10. Goblin 4 W10.

Initiative:
Talashia 21
Taran 17
Tac 15
Goblin Commando 13
Goblins 13
Elyra 11
Grokk 5
Sivan 3

mfloyd3

Explorer
Elyra gives her cousin's bow a longing glance, but lets it lie. The goblins are already closing the distance, she thinks, and this is a time for swords.

Weighing her options, the ranger moves to attack the goblin nearest the white-haired woman. Elyra had always thought sorcerers were not to be trusted, but this one was throwing lightning at goblins. That made her useful, at least.

"Mind the one behind the house! It's trying to flank us!" She calls to her comrades.

Raising her blade high, she charges.

OOC: Charging, ending move at K5. +6 to hit (+2, +2 for charge, +2 for favored enemy), 1d8+3 dmg, -2 to AC
(current AC 13, as she does not have her shield)

Shayuri

First Post
"Gah!" Talashia blurts as pain spreads out from the arrow wound. The weapon isn't deeply embedded, and she can easily yank it out, but it's a stark reminder that she's still flesh and blood...for now.

She quickly casts a spell to help solve that problem. Magic coalesces around her, then fades into invisibility.

"Okay then...let's try this again."

(Shield!)

Walking Dad

First Post
Sivan

Sivan runs as fast as he is able in armor to help the others

ooc: Runs to join Taran. If this is
still the surprise round, I will stay with my previous post.

Round 1, cont'd

combat3b2.jpg

Elyra gives her cousin's bow a longing glance, but lets it lie. The goblins are already closing the distance, she thinks, and this is a time for swords. Weighing her options, the ranger moves to attack the goblin nearest the white-haired woman. Elyra had always thought sorcerers were not to be trusted, but this one was throwing lightning at goblins. That made her useful, at least. "Mind the one behind the house! It's trying to flank us!" She calls to her comrades.

Raising her blade high, Elyra charges Goblin2. Elyra's swing is clean and does 6 points of damage to Goblin2, lopping off the creature's head and leaving it to roll the length of the byway.

Grokk grunts and, breaking into a lumbering run, jogs across the byway and behind the northern row of houses to try to head off Goblin1 before it can flank anyone.

Sivan runs as fast as he is able in armor to help the others, the various pieces of his metalry loudly clanking even in the thickening fog of the day. The paladin finishes his sprint just fifteen feet behind Taran.

***********************************************End of Round 1**********************************************

Status: This completes Round 1. Your next posts should be for Round 2. I have one stated action for Round 2 from Talashia but still need everyone else's. Movement: Talashia I8. Taran S9. Tac I9. Goblin Commando (mounted on goblin dog) U8. Goblin1 M1 (at the side of a house). Goblin2 L4. Goblin3 X10. Goblin 4 W10. Elyra K5. Grokk J1. Sivan P9.

Initiative:
Talashia 21
Taran 17
Tac 15
Goblin Commando 13
Goblins 13
Elyra 11
Grokk 5
Sivan 3

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads