CB's Pathfinder Beta -- Burnt Offerings

Round 3

Talashia runs 30 feet across the green towards the stricken human and unleashes another blast of magic that rips into Goblin3 for 3 points of damage, causing the nasty fetid goblin to drop its dogslicer in surprise.

Sandstone lets loose a thunderous bark from his bloodied maw before leaping off of the felled goblin dog's carcass to advance aggressively towards the remaining interloper. Leaping to charge past the dead hunting dog, Sandstone grabs Goblin3 by the throat and bites for 5 points of damage, shaking vigorously. Goblin3's neck audibly snaps, at which point the goblin immediately goes limp in Sandstone's teeth.

Tac advances 60 feet to the south, in time to see Goblin4 running away around the corner of a building. Judging by the goblin's lightening pace and posture, it has every intent of fleeing the scene and not returning.

Behind the house along the northern byway, a loud snarl is heard as Goblin1 lunges forward to slice Grokk with its dogslicer. The creature is surprisingly fierce and plunges its blade into Grokk, dealing a mean blow for 6 points of damage. Blood pours freely from the gaping muscle in Grokk's thigh.

The rage boils in Grokk as he brings his warhammer to bear upon the impertinent runt of a goblin who has twice slashed him. With a crushing blow to the head, Grokk beans the Goblin1 for 10 points of damage. The goblin falls to the grass at Grokk's feet and moves no more.

****************************************End of combat, post at will****************************************

Status: Grokk at 1/9 HP. Talashia O8. Taran W9 (charged, +2 to atk, -2 to AC). Tac W12. Goblin1 scored a confirmed crit on Grokk, then was dropped by Grokk. Goblin3 dropped. Goblin4 running away, south back toward the Cathedral. Elyra V7. Grokk J1. Sivan V10.

combat3b4.jpg

Last edited:

The human man scrabbles out from behind the rain barrel, clutching his tattered arm while obviously seeking to re-gain his composure. Sight of his dead and mutilated hunting dog, however, make the human's eyes go wide. Looking up, the man spots white-haired Talashia from across the byway and coughs in nervous distraction before eyeing her a second time with an openly admiring stare. Ignoring the others, the man steps across his dead dog in favor of jogging toward Talashia. Pressing his unhurt hand to Talashia's upper arm with a soft squeeze, the man goggles at Talashia's beauty, "Bit of a bind I was in back there, my thanks for your help. Nothing I couldn't have overcome in time, mind you, but your timely was most excellent! Aldern Foxglove at your service." Aldern sweeps to a low bow, but his injured forearm grazes against Talashia's cloth, staining it with blood. The man immediately starts blotting at the stain, full of cloying apology. "Horrible of me, please forgive! Here, let me..." The man's apology is a poor and obvious excuse to touch Talashia with unabaited desire.

Ambrus

Explorer
Having just dispatched the harrying goblin, the tawny collie drops its bleeding carcass to the ground unceremoniously as he turns in the direction of the fleeing goblin. Without pause the canine takes off at a lopping run in pursuit of its quarry. The fiendish little creatures had wrought havoc in Sandpoint and it seemed that the guard-dog wouldn't rest until the lot of them were dead or driven out of the town altogether. Watching the creature's panicked flight, the rough collie does his best to close the distance between them while remaining discreetly out of the goblin's sight.

[sblock=OOC]Sandstone will use its intimate familiarity with the ins-and-outs of Sandpoint to take advantage of any shortcuts and cover that present themselves while trying to catch up, outflank or cut off the panicking creature. The dog will do this while trying to remain discreetly out of the goblin's sight in hopes that it'll slow down thinking it's not being pursued. If Sandstone doesn't succeed in catching the creature, he'll at least endeavor to keep it in sight until it leaves the town's borders.[/sblock]

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
Elyra pulls a rag from her pocket and cleans her blade, but does not sheathe it as strides over to the nobleman and his captive sorceress. The dangerous look in her eye communicates her feelings on the subject of men who paw women.

"What happened here?" She asks coolly. "Were there other goblins? Any other people nearby?"

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Sivan

"Yes, great timing... but the goblin was already cowering and under control..." Sivan says quietly, looking at the man and Talashia a bit jealous. He does this only to be near her.

ooc: .

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Clearly taken aback by Aldern's forwardness, Talashia fends off his wandering hands as best she can. "No, really, it's all right," she protests. "Don't worry about that."

"I apologize, Mr...Foxglove?, if I seem rude, but one of the goblins escaped and there may be more. If you're all right, we should continue our patrol...others may still be in the same danger you were in."

She shoots Elyra a quick look that screams back me up on this!

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

Tac blanches as the dog decimates his goblin prey, then charges after the fleeing creature.

"Sandstone, no! Come! Heel! You're going to--!" the young engineer calls out, but it's no use.

"And that's why Uncle Herschl didn't work with animals," Tac mutters, sheathing his rapier and moving to retreive his bow and arrows. His preoccupation with whatever trouble their stray companion might get into leaves him largely oblivious to Talashia's plight. Though, as he slings his bow back over his shoulder, he does look around with a bit of confusion.

"Um ... Has anyone seen Grokk?"

mfloyd3

Explorer
"I apologize, Mr...Foxglove?, if I seem rude, but one of the goblins escaped and there may be more. If you're all right, we should continue our patrol...others may still be in the same danger you were in."

She shoots Elyra a quick look that screams back me up on this!

"Yes, there are a lot of them about," mutters Elyra. She finds herself uncomfortable with the sorceress, but her contempt for the fool before them gives them common ground.

Aldern Foxglove lets go of Talashia's stained clothing, but with obvious regret and only after Talashia forcibly shifts her weight to pry her cloth from the fop's grasping hands. Aldern stands from his stoop and bows a second time with a half-smile, his eyes smouldering on Talashia. "I'm to return home to Magnimar in but a few short days, milady, but I should be honored if you would bless me by joining me for supper at the Rusty Dragon ere I depart Sandpoint." Foxglove pries his eyes from Talashia a bare moment to grandiously gesture to everyone. "And your strong-armed companions, as well, of course. A bite and a sup, on me," Aldern's eyes flash, full of burning intent, to Talashia, "I should relish the opportunity to talk with you more, particularly as I believe a reward is in order!"

[sblock=OOC]Those from Sandpoint recognize the Rusty Dragon. It's a prominent and well-regarded tavern and inn within town, run by Ameiko Kaijitsu. The Dragon is held in high regard for its food, company, and drink, all three. Ameiko runs a clean establishment.[/sblock]

********************************************The Chase********************************************

Sandstone takes off like a shot, scooting between buildings to try to keep up with and follow the fleeing goblin at a discrete distance (on the hope that the marauder will lower its guard and slack its pace). Following after the goblin, Sandstone spies the creature first head southwest along Church Street, back toward the Cathedral. Rather than continue through town, however, the goblin casts a backward glance over its shoulder and--evidently convinced no one follows--slows down to a trot. The goblin cuts in front of the empty Cathedral festival grounds, skirting rows of upturned banquet tables, then doubles back out of sight around the back side of the Cathedral.

[sblock=OOC]The goblin has tucked back behind the Sandpoint Cathedral. Will Taran follow? I presume so, but thought to ask first.[/sblock]

Grokk stumbles out from behind the northern building, bleeding heavily and breathing hard. The half-orc priest still has his warhammer, but the mattocks hangs limply in one hand as the priest walks with obvious labor toward the White Deer. "Got the last one." Grokk grunts, then sits down hard on the grass beside the byway.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases