CB's Pathfinder Beta -- Burnt Offerings

Walking Dad

First Post
... "I make it five goblins and someone else -- A human, maybe, or a half-elf. ...

Sivan

"Why do you think a human or half-elf? I know you look at the size. Is it the weight? Do we look for a skinny humans, 'normal' half-elves and burly elves?" Sivan asks wondering.

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

Elyra looks at the group. "Can anyone make some sense out of this?"

Tac frowns at the new information, looking back and forth from the empty grave to the general direction of the cathedral.

"You don't suppose all of that--" he gestures back to town, indicating the goblin hijinks--"was a distraction to dig up the Father's body, do you?" He shakes his head. "But the festival was going on anyway, so I can't imagine much of anyone was around here... and what could anyone need out of the corpse of a priest who died years ago?

"You know, this is why I'm an engineer. Math all adds up. People and motivations just make my head hurt."

Ambrus

Explorer
Waiting and watching to make certain that he is unobserved, the collie carefully moves a trinket he'd been carrying to his mouth. Padding over to Tac's side, the dog drops his burden at the engineer's feet before stepping back and offering a brief bark to garner attention. With his wet nose pointing at the trinket, Sandstone growls menacingly for a moment.

Anyone picking up and examining the trinket can see that it is a carved wooden amulet in the shape of a rounded female goblin with a bulging belly hanging from a nattered leather cord.

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Why do you think a human or half-elf? I know you look at the size. Is it the weight? Do we look for a skinny humans, 'normal' half-elves and burly elves?" Sivan asks wondering.

"Um --" Elyra looks up distracted by the look she had exchanged with the "dog." It knew what its tracks meant, she realizes. It thinks like a person.

But, following her gut, she chooses not to try to sort this out with the others in the middle of the current crisis.
"I don't know human or half-elf for certain," She explains. "Could be a half-orc or an elf, or anyone else about human-sized."

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

Padding over to Tac's side, the dog drops his burden at the engineer's feet before stepping back and offering a brief bark to garner attention. With his wet nose pointing at the trinket, Sandstone growls menacingly for a moment.

Anyone picking up and examining the trinket can see that it is a carved wooden amulet in the shape of a rounded female goblin with a bulging belly hanging from a nattered leather cord.

Tac squints at the ground, then stoops to pick up the amulet.

"El, you know more about goblins than me. Does this mean anything specific that you know of?"

Knowledge (religion) 19. Sivan takes a close look at the carved wooden amulet in Tac's hand. The small figurine of a grotesquely misshapen female goblin with a bulging stomach and flat sagging breasts is carved of dense wood and has been fired until hardened. While the form of the amulet suggests some form of Goddess worship, Sivan doesn't recognize which deity this particular amulet might pay homage to.

Shayuri

First Post
Growing more agitated as her thoughts whirl around the desecration of a good man's grave, Talashia snaps, "Who cares about some trinket?! We need to track the ones who took him! Follow them back to whatever forsaken little hole they took him to and stop whatever they're planning!"

jkason

First Post
Tac Abor, human rogue

Growing more agitated as her thoughts whirl around the desecration of a good man's grave, Talashia snaps, "Who cares about some trinket?! We need to track the ones who took him! Follow them back to whatever forsaken little hole they took him to and stop whatever they're planning!"

Tac starts as the sorcerer lashes out. Sheepishly he says, "I'm sorry. I know I sometimes get distracted by stray thoughts, but I promise I just thought, if this came from the goblins, maybe it could tell us something about who they're following, or what clan they are or something, and that could help Elyra figure out where they might be holed up."

A light wind picks up, ruffling hair and setting an autumn chill about the night air. Though cold, the wind has the effect of dispersing patches of fog; within an hour, the air will be clear.

To the west, the town bell tolls ten strokes. The town of Sandpoint has no bell for telling time--the bell only rings for three purposes: danger, a summons, or death.

Remove ads