CB's Pathfinder Beta -- Burnt Offerings - Page 4




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 389
  1. #31
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Ambrus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Montreal QC, Canada
    Posts
    4,434

    Ignore Ambrus
    The sight and sound of goblins running wild in the town center raises the tawny collie's hackles. With bystanders fleeing the area, the canine is left out in the wide open square. Knowing of the small creatures' unreasoning hatred of dogs, Kell lets loose with a series of thunderous barks to draw the invaders' attention to himself.

    OOC: Delaying until after the goblins' turn.
    Last edited by Ambrus; Tuesday, 9th June, 2009 at 04:48 PM.
    Hey Berk! Check out my Sigil NPC List, Sigil Venues List and Sigil Papers & Map at http://www.planewalker.com.

    Currently Playing
    Running: The Cage, a Pathfinder tabletop Planescape campaign, Session 55[/SIZE]

 

  • #32
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,302

    Ignore mfloyd3
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadienneBacon View Post
    Hearing a cry across the square some 50 feet distant, Elyra looks up to spot a smaller goblin hopping back and forth, making faces and waving a dogslicer in front of a frightened child devoid of her parents. The goblin snarls, taunting the girl, eliciting a second higher-pitched shriek from the terrified child--much to the goblin's delight, for it closes the gap and makes another face then waits in eager anticipation for the girl's reaction.
    The terrified screams of the child send icy rage coursing through Elyra's veins. She risks one more glance at her wayward cousin, noting his bloodied rapier. Good for him, she thinks, and raises her longsword over her head as she charges across the square toward the goblin standing near the child.

    Crunch

    I'm figuring Elyra is wearing her armor (she had little else to wear, and scruffy armor is slightly classier than scruffy clothing), but she would not have her pack, bow, quiver, axe or buckler (assume she left these in Tac's apt).

    For the charge:
    AC: +3 Dex +2 armor -2 charge = +3

    Longsword: +6 to hit, 1d8+3 damage
    Here is the breakdown if there are questions:
    To-hit: +1 BAB +1 Str +2 favored enemy +2 charge
    Damage: 1d8+1 Str +2 favored enemy
    Last edited by mfloyd3; Tuesday, 9th June, 2009 at 07:38 PM. Reason: realized target goblin was ambiguous

  • #33
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,648
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    My communities:

    Talashia whirls about at the strange giggles and the screaming behind her. What she sees drops her mouth open in shock. A goblin on the table, stuffing itself! In broad daylight! What had happened to her town that this could be?! Where was the guard?!

    The air around her took on the rank, acrid smell of ozone as thin arcs of lightning sizzled and popped in her hair and between her arms and sides, shoulders and head.

    "What...do you think...you are...DOING HERE?!" she bellowed, A whip of lightning flicked away from her and lashed across the distance separating her from the goblin, searing the air with a thunderclap as it went!

    (+4 ranged touch to hit, 1d6+1 damage)

  • #34
    "Filthy goblin. Die!" Grokk shouts, aiming another fierce blow from his hammer at the goblin.

  • #35
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

    "Die, miscreant!" Sivan shouts as he charges the goblin on the buffet.

    ooc: Glaive (1d20+6, 1d10+6 with charge bonus)
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #36
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,829

    Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Tac Abor, human rogue AC 16 (Dodge), HP 9/9

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadienneBacon View Post
    The tip of Tac's rapier eases past the goblin's leather armor and holes into the creature's backside 'til the rapier is buried halfway deep. Tac filets the goblin in the liver for 4 points of damage, causing the goblin's eyes to burn red with fear and quivering rage as it turns its head to perceive that its days are shortly numbered. Sandwiched between Grokk and Tac, the goblin wildly swivels its head, clearly seeking an escape route.
    "Hey, that worked!" Tac says excitedly. He frowns a moment at the sight of blood on his weapon, but shakes it off quickly, eyes looking for another opening as his half-orc ally tries to smash the offending goblin.

    OOC
    Rapier +3, 1d6 dmg +1d6 Sneak Attack

  • #37
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CanadienneBacon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Greensburg, Indiana
    Posts
    3,735

    Ignore CanadienneBacon
    My communities:

    Round 1

    The goblin cornered between Tac and Grokk by the wagon howls in pain as Tac wrenches his rapier free. Desperate to escape, the goblin scuttles forward and spears the half-orc cleric in the calf. The goblin's dogslicer sinks its jagged edge into Grokk's leg, sawing muscle and ripping connective tissue for 4 points of damage. The wretched goblin yanks its blade free and darts underneath the wagon to get free of Tac and Grokk. As the goblin scurries away, Grokk quickly reacts to the pain and the hideous scrabbling creature by swinging his warhammer in a great underarc that catches the goblin broadly on its backside and squishes the creature on the flat understide of the wagon. "Filthy goblin. Die!" Bits of goblin pulp drop with a heavy thud to the packed dirt ground of the festival square. Grokk crushes the goblin with a critical success for 27 points of damage.

    The sight and sound of goblins running wild in the town center raises the tawny collie's hackles. With bystanders fleeing the area, the canine is left out in the wide open square. Knowing of the small creatures' unreasoning hatred of dogs, Kell lets loose with a series of thunderous barks to draw the invaders' attention. The goblin perched atop the buffet table spares a quick glance at the thundering collie but quickly resumes its feast, this time picking up a serving platter and licking the leftover savories from what had been a plate of curry-spiced salmon. The heat of the crushed Riddleport peppers used to make the curry, however, proves too much for the goblin. The creatures eyes water in pain from the heat, and the goblin drops the cleaned platter to claw at its face--all the while yopping pitieously.

    Its cousin distracted, the goblin busily terrifying the small girl, however, hears the collie's thunderous bark and--grinning in delight--moves away from the child to engage Taran. The little goblin is quicker than most and darts forward, springing the last two meters, to slash Taran with a dogslicer, wickedly singing a grotesque chant as it circles to seek its next blow. The dogslicer sings a line down Taran's side, partially revealing hide and scales beneath tawny fur, and dealing 3 points of damage.

    Taran moves to reply, first lunging forward neatly to bite the still-grinning goblin, but missing. Two powerful paws range toward the goblin's midsection, the first hitting for 3 points of damage and causing the goblin to swoon to the dirt. With the goblin's tumble to the ground, Taran's second swipe with a paw misses, but an elongated arc with his tail that deals another 3 points of damage finishes the horrid mewling goblin with a crunch as the creature's spine cracks in twain.

    Seeing Grokk beat the cornered goblin into a bloodied pulp and hearing the gutteral clacking of another goblin close at hand on the otherside of the wagon, Tac starts to move around the back end of the wagon toward the buffet tables flanking the Cathedral, rapier in hand. After skirting the wagon, Tac extends his swordarm to spear the feasting goblin but misses when the miserable creature bends over to grab a new plate.

    Talashia whirls about at the strange giggles and the screaming behind her. What she sees drops her mouth open in shock. A goblin on the table, stuffing itself! In broad daylight! What had happened to her town that this could be?! Where was the guard?!

    The air around Talashia takes on the rank, acrid smell of ozone as thin arcs of lightning sizzle and pop in her hair and between her arms and sides, shoulders and head. Three older boys intent on watching the gore of the scene from behind the safety of an overturned bench table cry out in fear at the sight of Talashia and, one of them bawling, "She's on FIRE!!!" turn tail and run from the square. The boy's cry of fire quickly spreads panic throughout the festival square--folk scream in terror, echoing the cry of fire, and the thick crowd presses backward, trampling and stampeding to get away.

    "What...do you think...you are...DOING HERE?!" Talashia bellows at the feasting goblin perched on the buffet table. A whip of lightning flicks away from Talashia's hand, lashing out across the distance separating her from the goblin, searing the air with a bitter-scented thunderclap as it flies toward the goblin, crashing down upon the creature and dealing 7 points of damage. The goblin, briefly outlined in white-hot electricity, quivers a touch then falls to the table in a heap of black-mottled flesh. So hot is the creature's dead carcass that the wooden buffet table begins to smolder.

    Elyra, whose rage had been keyed by the terrified screams of the child across the square, sees the goblin cross the festival square and slice a tawny collie. Blood runs from the collie's side where the goblin slices through hair and...scales? Elyra blinks then takes a harder look. Despite the dust hanging in a thick sheet in the air, the glimmer of some sort of brown-hued scaling is evident around the collie's wound. Taking a quick look around the square, Elyra spots no one else beside herself who appears to have noticed the collie's strange wound.

    Yelling, "Die, miscreant!" Sivan tilts his mighty glaive outward and starts a heroic charge at the goblin perched atop the buffet table but stops short as a woman with pale hair lit with a halo of crackling lightening sears the goblin with a bolt of electricity from 20 feet distant.

    Townsfolk on all sides pant in terror and scrabble over one another in a desperate attempt to remove themselves from the terror in the festival square. The dust kicked up from several hundred feet of fleeing people thickens, clotting normal vision and filling nostrils with the scent of earth and blood. Soon, only a lone child--a girl left parentless and terrified by a dogslicer-bearing marauder--stands motionless at the southwestern corner of the empty square. The girl is quiet, her brown eyes pooled with fear and horror.

    *****************************End of Combat. For now.**********************

    Status: Grokk, injured, @ 5/9 HP. Goblin (wagon) dead. Goblin (table) dead. Goblin (square) dead. Buffet table possibly on fire. Four injured townsfolk lying prone in square. Girl standing alone in corne of square. Please post at will, initiative is over.
    Die Rolls

    Name, (position), action, raw roll / modified roll
    Goblin (wagon) Attack 16 / 19
    Goblin (wagon) Dmg 3 / 4
    Grokk AoO 20, 15 to confirm--critical success
    Grokk AoO dmg 7 / 27 total
    Goblin (Taran) Attack 14 / 17
    Goblin (Taran) Dmg 2 / 3
    Taran Attack(bite) 10 / 14
    Taran Attack(claw1) 11 / 15
    Taran dmg(claw1) 2 / 3
    Taran Attack(claw2) 4 / 10
    Taran Attack(tail) 11 / 15
    Taran dmg(tail) 2 / 3
    Tac Perception 9 / 15
    Tac Attack 2 / 5
    Talashia Attack 18 / 22
    Talashia dmg 6 / 7
    Elyra Perception 17 / 25

  • #38
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Ambrus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Montreal QC, Canada
    Posts
    4,434

    Ignore Ambrus
    Though injured the tawny collie maintains a stoic demeanor so as to avoid drawing unwanted attention to his plight. Turning his head to quickly inspect the wound in his flank, the dog takes advantage of the obscuring dust and causes the riven flesh to ripple and seemingly mend itself with but a moment's thought. Trusting that no one in the panic ridden square noticed any of this, the vigilant collie carefully surveys the area for more lurking threats.

    OOC: Reestablishing magical disguise and making a Perception check; taking 20 if given the time.
    Hey Berk! Check out my Sigil NPC List, Sigil Venues List and Sigil Papers & Map at http://www.planewalker.com.

    Currently Playing
    Running: The Cage, a Pathfinder tabletop Planescape campaign, Session 55[/SIZE]

  • #39
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,302

    Ignore mfloyd3
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrus View Post
    Though injured the tawny collie maintains a stoic demeanor so as to avoid drawing unwanted attention to his plight. Turning his head to quickly inspect the wound in his flank, the dog takes advantage of the obscuring dust and causes the riven flesh to ripple and seemingly mend itself with but a moment's thought. Trusting that no one in the panic ridden square noticed any of this, the vigilant collie carefully surveys the area for more lurking threats.
    Abruptly, the collie curses his luck. Standing at the edge of the square is a dark-haired woman in leather armor, staring slack-jawed at him. Abruptly her features set, and she begins to advance. The longsword in her hand, while not immediately threatening the collie, remains free of its scabbard.

    Elyra glances around the square. The crying child and the injured villagers call out for her attention, but the dog-thing appears the more immediate threat. Her skin crawls as she sees the dog's flesh seem to creep over the wound, and she walks slowly forward.

    The swordswoman pauses perhaps ten feet from the ersatz collie, eyes narrowed in a cool stare and jaw set like steel. "Here now," she says to no one as she calmly looks the creature over. "What are you, then?"

  • #40
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,829

    Ignore jkason
    My communities:

    Tac Abor, human rogue

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadienneBacon View Post
    As the goblin scurries away, Grokk quickly reacts to the pain and the hideous scrabbling creature by swinging his warhammer in a great underarc that catches the goblin broadly on its backside and squishes the creature on the flat understide of the wagon. "Filthy goblin. Die!" Bits of goblin pulp drop with a heavy thud to the packed dirt ground of the festival square.
    Tac starts at the utter pulping of the goblin by the half-orc he'd been pestering before. "Reminder: do not make half-orc angry," he says under his breath.

    He swears at his own inadequacies at missing the goblin on the table, but then stares, wide-eyed, as Talashia begins to crackle with elemental power

    The goblin, briefly outlined in white-hot electricity, quivers a touch then falls to the table in a heap of black-mottled flesh. So hot is the creature's dead carcass that the wooden buffet table begins to smolder.
    "Also: stay on Talashia's good side," he whimpers, adding to his mental Staying Alive To Do List.

    Status: Grokk, injured, @ 5/9 HP. Goblin (wagon) dead. Goblin (table) dead. Goblin (square) dead. Buffet table possibly on fire. Four injured townsfolk lying prone in square. Girl standing alone in corne of square. Please post at will, initiative is over.
    Noticing the smoldering of wood, Tac looks about, hoping for water but being content with any non-flammable liquid to douse the goblin carcass if that's what it takes to keep the table from actually catching fire.

    "Are there any clerics still about?" he calls plaintively. "We have, um, there are people who seem to be broken here."

    Once he's satisfied that any potential fire is out, he'll move to the closest wounded person. "Can you stand? What hurts?"

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Pathfinder Beta -- Burnt Offerings -- Character Repository
      By CanadienneBacon in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Tuesday, 2nd June, 2009, 10:19 AM
    2. Pathfinder #1 Burnt Offerings
      By Mr Baron in forum Fan Reviews
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st February, 2009, 05:49 AM
    3. Pathfinder: Burnt Offerings
      By CanadienneBacon in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 310
      Last Post: Monday, 8th September, 2008, 08:01 AM
    4. Pathfinder I: Burnt Offerings
      By Varianor Abroad in forum Fan Reviews
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Friday, 29th August, 2008, 07:25 PM
    5. Pathfinder I - Burnt Offerings?
      By Varianor Abroad in forum Meta
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th October, 2007, 11:28 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •