Pathfinder RPG CB's Pathfinder Beta -- Burnt Offerings - Page 6





+ Log in or register to post
Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 389
  1. #51
    Sivan, By the wagon

    "I need some help here. This woman's arm is mangled and she is unconscious. Is there a healer here?" Sivan calls, unsure how to help the woman. A good help I am. Not able to defend, nor to care for the wounded, he thinks.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

 

  • #52
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,281

    Ignore mfloyd3
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadienneBacon View Post

    Moving to the closest wounded person, a young man--a temple artisan by the look of his cloth--Tac queries the injured worker. "Can you stand? What hurts?" The youth rubs his head and, with Tac's help, rises from the packed dirt square. "Oi, me head. Best be getting home, then, eh? Me thanks, kind sir." Despite a bleeding cut in his forehead, the artisan grins at Tac then pushes off with a nod and a bob, making his way west.
    Elyra reaches Tac as the artisan walks away. Are you alright?" She asks.

  • #53
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8,713

    Ignore jkason

    Tac Abor, human rogue

    Tac stares after the artisan as he wanders off as if he'd merely fallen from a stumble and not a goblin attack. So engrossed he is by the apparent coping abilities of Sandpoints citizens, he doesn't even notice his cousin walk up.

    Quote Originally Posted by mfloyd3 View Post
    Elyra reaches Tac as the artisan walks away. Are you alright?" She asks.
    "Huh? Oh, Elyra! I'm fine, are you...?" he looks his cousin up and down, and seeing no apparent injuries, appears relieved.

    "I promise this kind of thing doesn't happen every day here, or even every Swallowtail Festival!"

    As the knight calls out for help, Tac's embarrasment for the situation melts away. "I didn't see any priests still around," he says to Elyra as he starts toward the unconscious woman and the man tending her. "Did you? Maybe I should run for the nearest temple."

  • #54
    "Hmmm..." The cleric picks up the sword and the trinket. [i]Perhaps someone has seen work like this before[i], he thinks, looking at the crude weapon. In his other hand, he examines the gold trinket. Useless junk. I suppose it belongs to someone, though. I should attempt to return it. Grokk pockets the trinket and slides the sword into his belt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Dad View Post
    Sivan, By the wagon

    "I need some help here. This woman's arm is mangled and she is unconscious. Is there a healer here?" Sivan calls, unsure how to help the woman. A good help I am. Not able to defend, nor to care for the wounded, he thinks.
    The cry for aid catches the attention of the half-orc. He jogs over and tends to the woman's injuries, saying nothing to the man next to her. Damn gobbies!

    OOC
    He will start with using his mundane skill (Heal +4). If he has any uses of his Channel Energy ability left, he will use one to further help the woman.

  • #55
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Ambrus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Montreal QC, Canada
    Posts
    4,434

    Ignore Ambrus
    The tawny collie continues on his circuitous patrol of the square, keeping a curious eye on those tending to the injured. They seemed to have that concern well in hand and so Kell relaxes a little. Hopefully there'd be no further suffering this night. Eventually the dog finds himself back where he started, next to the carcass of the goblin whose spine he broke. Lowering his head down, Kell sniffs curiously at the dead raider's body.

    OOC: Searching the body.
    Hey Berk! Check out my Sigil NPC List, Sigil Venues List and Sigil Papers & Map at http://www.planewalker.com.

    Currently Playing
    Running: The Cage, a Pathfinder tabletop Planescape campaign, Session 55[/SIZE]

  • #56
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,281

    Ignore mfloyd3
    Quote Originally Posted by jkason View Post

    "I promise this kind of thing doesn't happen every day here, or even every Swallowtail Festival!"
    His cousin smiles at this, but before she can answer, the air is split by a call for aid.

    As the knight calls out for help, Tac's embarrasment for the situation melts away. "I didn't see any priests still around," he says to Elyra as he starts toward the unconscious woman and the man tending her. "Did you? Maybe I should run for the nearest temple."
    "Don't go running off just yet," Elyra advises, as they make their way over. "Let's see what's going on."

    The pair stop, watching the half-orc they had met earlier set about healing.

  • #57
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CanadienneBacon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Greensburg, Indiana
    Posts
    3,735

    Ignore CanadienneBacon
    Talashia smiles reassuringly and nods at the girl. "We'll find her. What's her name? What color is her hair?" The child's solemn eyes bore holes in Talashia's face. Sniffing and wiping her nose on her arm, the girl snuffles. "Her name's Mum, of course. She's got brown hair. Pretty hair, long, in a braid." The description matches every third woman Talashia's seen today in the festival. "We were just arriving and then...and then..." the child bursts into tears and her nose resumes dripping.

    [imagel]http://www.christusrex.org/www1/pater/images/russian-modern.jpg[/imagel]

    From over by the wagon, Sivan calls out, ""I need some help here. This woman's arm is mangled and she is unconscious. Is there a healer here?" The knight's cry for aid is answered by a half-orc cleric garbed in the manner of the faithful of a dwarven deity--a warhammer hangs in the priest's burly hand, and a goblin blade rests tucked into the half-orc's belt. Jogging over to tend to the woman's injuries, Grokk says nothing to Sivan but begin to examine the woman for wounds. Cursory examination shows Grokk that the woman has a dislocated arm that should be set while she remains unconscious to dull the pain of the procedure. A wound on the back of the woman's head seeps blood into the dirt--a minor healing spell will fix her head wound. Muttering a prayer offered to Torag, the half-orc quickly works with surprising tenderness for so large a half-breed to mend the woman's split skull.

    Let me know which 0-lvl spell Grokk drops to spontaneously convert to a healing spell.

  • #58
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CanadienneBacon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Greensburg, Indiana
    Posts
    3,735

    Ignore CanadienneBacon
    As the knight calls out for help, Tac's embarrasment for the situation melts away. "I didn't see any priests still around," he says to Elyra as he starts toward the unconscious woman and the man tending her. "Did you? Maybe I should run for the nearest temple." Tac turns to the Cathedral and notes the heavy wooden front doors hanging open.

    The tawny collie continues on his circuitous patrol of the square, keeping a curious eye on those tending to the injured. They seemed to have that concern well in hand and so Kell relaxes a little. Eventually the dog finds himself back where he started, next to the carcass of the goblin whose spine he broke in the center of the festival square. Lowering his head down, Kell sniffs curiously at the dead raider's body. The goblin has a distastefully strong odor reminiscent of fetid garlic and mildering potatoes. Kell notes the creature's hodgepodged studded leather armor, a crude stub of a blade the locals call a "dogslicer" lying in the dirt a few feet distant, and one oddity--the goblin's torso still sports some sort of carved wooden amulet in the shape of a rounded female goblin with a bulging belly hanging from a nattered leather cord.

    Seeing that Tac eyes the ajar double doors of the Cathedral, Elyra advises, "Don't go running off just yet--let's see what's going on." The pair stop, watching the half-orc they had met earlier set about healing.

  • #59
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Ambrus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Montreal QC, Canada
    Posts
    4,434

    Ignore Ambrus
    Curious about the wooden trinket, the collie carefully takes it up into his teeth and pulls its cord free of the slain goblin's neck.

    OOC
    A knowledge check? Taran has several possibly appropriate Knowledges (local, religion, arcana & history) all at +7
    Hey Berk! Check out my Sigil NPC List, Sigil Venues List and Sigil Papers & Map at http://www.planewalker.com.

    Currently Playing
    Running: The Cage, a Pathfinder tabletop Planescape campaign, Session 55[/SIZE]

  • #60
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CanadienneBacon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Greensburg, Indiana
    Posts
    3,735

    Ignore CanadienneBacon

    Initiative, Surprise Round

    Another few moments pass in front of the Sandpoint Cathedral while Grokk finishes healing the mangled woman. The woman doesn't rise from her unconscious state but Grokk sees to his satisfaction that the skin on the back her scalp knits itself neatly together with Torag's grace. As Grokk finishes his mending, the woman's breathing evens and soon she is softly snoring.

    Just as Tac is about to return his attention from the open double doors of the Cathedral, he notes a pair of glowing yellow eyes canted inside the darkness of the Cathedral. Kell's hackles raise as he sniffs the air and detects the scent of fetid garlic and rotting potatoes--more goblins about! The disguised wyrmling spots feral eyes peering from inside the inky darkness of the Cathedral doors.

    Elyra spots the pointed tip of a dogslicer poking the canvas in a slashing arc at the Korvosan orange merchant's stall. The dogslicer retreats then reappears, dripping with blood.
    Elyra
    Sense Motive 19 (favored enemy). There is a goblin hiding in the merchant's stall, and it has drawn blood. Low gutteral cackling indicates to Elyra that the goblin believes it has the element of surprise, possibly also the advantage of numbers. The creature is lying in wait but will probably soon attack from the flank.


    Surprise round initiative:
    Taran 17
    Tac 12
    Elyra 11


    Initiative:
    Sivan 21
    Taran 14
    Elyra 11
    Grokk 8
    Tac 7
    Talashia 3


    Please include movement and attack/damage/spell stats in your combat posts.

    Map Key

    G = Grokk
    S = Sivan
    E = Elyra
    Tc = Tac
    Kell = Taran
    Ta = Talashia
    X1 = goblin hiding by orange merchant stall, spotted by Elrya
    x1 = goblin hiding inside cathedral, spotted by Tac and Kell
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Combat1a.jpg  
    Last edited by CanadienneBacon; Tuesday, 23rd June, 2009 at 05:13 PM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Pathfinder Beta -- Burnt Offerings -- Character Repository
      By CanadienneBacon in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Tuesday, 2nd June, 2009, 10:19 AM
    2. Pathfinder #1 Burnt Offerings
      By Mr Baron in forum Fan Reviews
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Sunday, 1st February, 2009, 05:49 AM
    3. Pathfinder: Burnt Offerings
      By CanadienneBacon in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 310
      Last Post: Monday, 8th September, 2008, 08:01 AM
    4. Pathfinder I: Burnt Offerings
      By Varianor Abroad in forum Fan Reviews
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Friday, 29th August, 2008, 07:25 PM
    5. Pathfinder I - Burnt Offerings?
      By Varianor Abroad in forum Meta
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th October, 2007, 11:28 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •