The 3.X Aquatic Database

Aeolius

Adventurer
D'ja see this? Lagarfljótsormur

I saw something similar in the news, awhile back. An then I read about Sleeper Sharks Mistaken for Lake Monsters .
6a00d8341bf67c53ef0167661dba71970b-800wi

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Interesting...the vieo didn't say thë lake was land-locked.

One problem with either the sleeper or the sturgeon is that the whatever it is was fairly flat. You'd expect either one to hve it's tail or fin or both protruding. It almost looks like an ice-covered gator...

Which is making me think aquatic arthropod.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Here's one: giant Archer Fish.

Parties rarely think in all 3 dimensions, and even if they do, still tend to look up rather than down. A party safely on a riverboat might never even give thought to a largeish fish shadowing them...until someone gets knocked off the deck into the water.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Here's one: giant Archer Fish.

Parties rarely think in all 3 dimensions, and even if they do, still tend to look up rather than down. A party safely on a riverboat might never even give thought to a largeish fish shadowing them...until someone gets knocked off the deck into the water.

Samloyal23

Adventurer
It seems I haven't actually posted my notes for nematocyst monks here at all, but these Sea Elves I tweaked use most of what I was thinking about.

OH. EM. GEE! This is brilliant. I can totally sea some little aquatic pixie with fins instead of wings changing colour to hide in a reef then using a kiss to stun some stupid pirate. Wow...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Lordy, I have so much stuff I haven't used: the above-mentioned elves, my aquatic Thri-Kreen based on mantis shrimp, the Anthropomorphic snapping turtle race I wrote up...

My problem is that I have ideas for stuff to put in campaigns, but I'm still tapped out on writing up a campaign to run.:erm:

So when I see stuff like this:

OH. EM. GEE! This is brilliant. I can totally sea some little aquatic pixie with fins instead of wings changing colour to hide in a reef then using a kiss to stun some stupid pirate. Wow...

I smile, because I'm so glad I could help someone else find pieces for their games.:)

Remove ads