What do I lose if I polymorph into a tiger

Particle_Man

Explorer
There is a shifter paragon path that lets you polymorph into a wolf or tiger. Does that mean one can not use any weapons or implements, but follows the MM stats for wolf or tiger (if they exist?) or is the change merely cosmetic, and you become a tiger that can swing a +4 fullblade and/or cast a spell just fine?

Particle_Man

Explorer
Don't you drop what you are holding?

I haven't got a clue. I was looking at the Moonstalker paragon path in 4e's phb 2 and it doesn't tell me. Neither does the Polymorph description at the back of the book. The Druid Wild Shape power talks about losing one's attack, etc., unless one uses a beast form power, but there is no indication that this applies to all or any polymorph powers outside the druid class.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
The simplest explanation: No rule changes your game stats unless explicitly stated. So you take on the "form" of a dire tiger, even though you still have the same damage and attacks from the weapons you are wielding, can still cast spells through an implement, etc. You can even switch weapons, drop items, quaff potions, etc. So it's really just cosmetic.

Of course DM's Discretion can override the general rules in a particular context. So you might say that in tiger form you suffer a -2 penalty to checks involving manual dexterity, such as picking locks. But any general gain or loss of capabilities beyond what the power spells out explicitly should probably be discussed amongst the group.

-- 77IM

Eldorian

First Post
Polymorph is a keyword for powers appearing on page 220 in the PHB 2.

Basically, Unleash the Silent Predator, the power you're talking about, modifies your movement and does nothing else. It interacts with other powers as a polymorph power according to the polymorph keyword.

Wardens have polymorph dailies. You still wear your armor and use your weapons.

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
Ranged weapons?

(Homer Simpson: "Oh, yeah, what are you gonna do? Release the dogs? Or the bees? Or the dogs with bees in their mouth and when they bark, they shoot bees at you?")

-- 77IM

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases