2010: Is it Dragonlance? (hint)

Herschel

Adventurer
The 2010 setting has an "a" in the name.

Does that clear things up? :devil:

Ooooooo, I've always wanted Louisiana to have it's own game setting. They have those strange, armored opossum already and the Voodoo power source could be quite cool.

Two good sculpts coming back in the "Dragonborn" from GoL and Alusair Obarskyr from Abberations. Loving the Warforged Cleric.

Where's my Genasi/Swordmage minis?!?!?!?! :p

DarthMouth

First Post
3. It's too soon after the Sovereign Press/Margaret Weis Productions era. The 3.5 license allowed MWP to produce the best Dragonlance gaming products ever. WotC would practically be "competing" with the prior edition if they did DL now. Best to let DL sit so that there's a few years in between, and then WotC would be more successful in a reboot or re-imagining, or at least adding 4e elements to DL.

Thats a good argument.

but a Aurak mini makes no sense without Dragonlance, and those minis are a 4ed acessory after all.. Anyway, them could be in Draconomicon II, metallic eggs and stuff.. but why make ANOTHER dragon-hibrid for 4 ed??? they are THAT popular ???

I love dragonlance. But i'm suporting Dark Sun on that on.

Shroomy

Adventurer
You know, since draconians were created from the eggs of chromatic dragons, draconians could be making an appearance in Draconomicon II. Just saying.

CasvalRemDeikun

Adventurer
The Weis & Hickman seminar is about the 25th anniversary of Dragonlance. Nothing to do with a 4e version of DL.
That we know of. It seems like a pretty good place for them to announce something.

Minotaurs are in many worlds, so I wouldn't use that as evidence. That being said, it's my belief that Dragonlance perfected the minotaur. Of course, as the guy who wrote the most about minotaurs in the 3.5 gaming books, I'm extremely biased. :cool:
No other setting features minotaurs quite in the same way that Dragonlance does. Before DL, minotaurs used to hang out in mazes and wear nothing but an axe.

Raistlin is one of the two most popular D&D characters, right up there with Drizzt. I think that's why you saw his 4e stats.
Not going to argue this point, but don't you think we would have seen someone like Mordenkainen or Rary or something along with him?

Personally, I think Dark Sun is more likely at this point for a few reasons.

1. The Prism Pentad novels have just been re-released. Why do that now unless you're gearing up to getting people into Dark Sun?

2. PHB3 has psionics. That would be a nice tie-in.

3. It's too soon after the Sovereign Press/Margaret Weis Productions era. The 3.5 license allowed MWP to produce the best Dragonlance gaming products ever. WotC would practically be "competing" with the prior edition if they did DL now. Best to let DL sit so that there's a few years in between, and then WotC would be more successful in a reboot or re-imagining, or at least adding 4e elements to DL.

4. No DL novels planned past this year, save for the Raistlin Chronicles omnibus.

1. Perhaps because in order to hang on to their copyrights they have to rerelease stuff every so often. Plus, don't you think they would have released the books next year to tie-in with the setting?

2. Since when did Dark Sun have a monopoly on Psionics. For all we know, the only reason they are in PHB3 not PHB4 is for Eberron's sake.

3. If you follow that logic, they wouldn't have released Eberron either, since it would compete with its 3.5e stuff.

4. Neither does Dark Sun though...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases