What's on your mind?
+ Log in or register to post
Results 41 to 50 of 331
Thread: 2010: Is it Dragonlance? (hint)
Wednesday, 10th June, 2009, 11:18 PM #41
Magsman (Lvl 14)
Freelance Writer 5 / Scientist 5 / Yugoloth 10
Coming soon Laughing Fiend.com, my freelancing page. Awaiting art. ETA I have no idea, but if not soon the Tindalos hounds will be eating artist for dinner.
Visit Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour and Shemmy's 2nd Planescape Storyhour
- EN World
- has no influence
- on advertisings
- that are displayed by
- Google Adsense
Wednesday, 10th June, 2009, 11:19 PM #42
Magsman (Lvl 14)
Ooooooo, I've always wanted Louisiana to have it's own game setting. They have those strange, armored opossum already and the Voodoo power source could be quite cool.
Two good sculpts coming back in the "Dragonborn" from GoL and Alusair Obarskyr from Abberations. Loving the Warforged Cleric.
Where's my Genasi/Swordmage minis?!?!?!?!
Wednesday, 10th June, 2009, 11:33 PM #43
Enchanter (Lvl 12)
'Can a magician kill a man by magic?' Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. 'I suppose a magician might,' he admitted, 'but a gentleman never could.'
Wednesday, 10th June, 2009, 11:39 PM #44
Acolyte (Lvl 2)
but a Aurak mini makes no sense without Dragonlance, and those minis are a 4ed acessory after all.. Anyway, them could be in Draconomicon II, metallic eggs and stuff.. but why make ANOTHER dragon-hibrid for 4 ed??? they are THAT popular ???
I love dragonlance. But i'm suporting Dark Sun on that on.
Wednesday, 10th June, 2009, 11:39 PM #45
Enchanter (Lvl 12)
Wednesday, 10th June, 2009, 11:39 PM #46
Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)
One more letter............???????????
Wednesday, 10th June, 2009, 11:50 PM #47
Cutpurse (Lvl 5)
But, but, but I love Birthright! *starts throwing a tantrum
Thursday, 11th June, 2009, 12:21 AM #48
Myrmidon (Lvl 10)
You know, since draconians were created from the eggs of chromatic dragons, draconians could be making an appearance in Draconomicon II. Just saying.
Veronica: Where's your brother?
Dick: I think he took Ghost World up to his room. They're probably up there making love. Or playing Dungeons and Dragons. Or both, at the same time. They're both, like, 12th-level dorks. I'm just sayin'
Thursday, 11th June, 2009, 12:43 AM #49
Waghalter (Lvl 7)
No other setting features minotaurs quite in the same way that Dragonlance does. Before DL, minotaurs used to hang out in mazes and wear nothing but an axe.Minotaurs are in many worlds, so I wouldn't use that as evidence. That being said, it's my belief that Dragonlance perfected the minotaur. Of course, as the guy who wrote the most about minotaurs in the 3.5 gaming books, I'm extremely biased.
Not going to argue this point, but don't you think we would have seen someone like Mordenkainen or Rary or something along with him?Raistlin is one of the two most popular D&D characters, right up there with Drizzt. I think that's why you saw his 4e stats.
1. Perhaps because in order to hang on to their copyrights they have to rerelease stuff every so often. Plus, don't you think they would have released the books next year to tie-in with the setting?Personally, I think Dark Sun is more likely at this point for a few reasons.
1. The Prism Pentad novels have just been re-released. Why do that now unless you're gearing up to getting people into Dark Sun?
2. PHB3 has psionics. That would be a nice tie-in.
3. It's too soon after the Sovereign Press/Margaret Weis Productions era. The 3.5 license allowed MWP to produce the best Dragonlance gaming products ever. WotC would practically be "competing" with the prior edition if they did DL now. Best to let DL sit so that there's a few years in between, and then WotC would be more successful in a reboot or re-imagining, or at least adding 4e elements to DL.
4. No DL novels planned past this year, save for the Raistlin Chronicles omnibus.
2. Since when did Dark Sun have a monopoly on Psionics. For all we know, the only reason they are in PHB3 not PHB4 is for Eberron's sake.
3. If you follow that logic, they wouldn't have released Eberron either, since it would compete with its 3.5e stuff.
4. Neither does Dark Sun though...
Thursday, 11th June, 2009, 12:47 AM #50
Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
- Washington State
- Read 0 Reviews
ø Ignore Scott_Rouse
My Blog: Stepping out of the Books