Gamerprinter's Map Emporeum

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Floor 4: proprietor's office and quarters.

bathhouse-finish4-thumb.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Been busy, so I finally got a map to post. This one is an elevation cross-sectional map of a sunken pirate ship partially buried in the silt at the bottom of some inlet. There is a cut-away view showing the interior of the buried ship. I've never made a map like this, so that was my own challenge to meet.

Link to full sized map: Brigatine's Rest

Enjoy!

brigatines-rest-thumb.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Finally done with the full archipelago of islands for the Empire of Kaidan, and will be featured in both the GM's Guide and Player's Guide to Kaidan (scheduled for release in Oct/Nov 2013, following a successful Kickstarter last summer.) The gazetteer portion of the guides will include this whole map, as well as divided into provinces with added labels for forests, mountains, ranges, marshes, rivers, lakes, additional communities and sites of interest - of course these would be too small to show on the full map.

The map actually consists of 10 hand-drawn sheets at 60" x 30", digitally scanned, imported to Xara Designer Pro vector application where the color scheme, beveled vector shapes and labels complete the map. This map took me a full 20 hours to create - the longest any map has taken for me.

This map style is unique to me, it works well, I think.

Enjoy!

GP

kaidan_archipelago_map_thumb.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
starting to work on the specific provincial maps for each main island - for the time being I am working on the provinces of Genshu, the northern island of Kaidan. And for the first province, Atosa, located on the southwest region of Genshu. All the added communities, mountain names, a site of interest and river names came from the gazetteer currently being worked on by Jonathan McAnulty. I'll be doing the same treatment to all the provinces eventually.

Atosa is ruled by Lord Kurashima no Takeshiko, both the last appointed daimyo by the Shogun of Kaidan, and the only one without a noble birthright (in reality he is a necromancer, having achieved a vampiric state from foreign shores.)

Kyobe is the largest city and provincial capital, a port city built in the mouth of the Jakubi river - it is called the Smuggler's City, as many of the surrounding isles in the Kaidan sea serve as pirate (wako) bases of operation, and rely on Kyobe for support.

Mount Hinomoto is currently the most active volcano in the Isles of Kaidan, though several active volcanoes sit on Genshu.

The fortress ruins of Kabutshuchi, sits atop Mount Onikirui, once the stronghold of a mighty oni-king that sought to rule Genshu. Though he was eventually defeated, the castle is now haunted and the mountain beneath honeycombed with dungeons and catacombs from the dark era, when the oni-king ruled here.

atosa-thb.jpgI'm

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I'm going to be starting a Kickstarter soon to fund the creation of a line of educational books called the 25 Quick & Dirty Map Tutorials Guide, which allows users of most graphics applications to create photo-realistic maps for their games: Photoshop, GIMP, Paintshop Pro, Illustrator, CorelDraw, Xara Photo and Designer, and many other applications.

I've got a website setup, and a Google+ Community dedicated to the project, check it out, and join my Kickstarter when that starts up.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Working on a detailed style of photo-realistic forest floor terrain. I used beveled shapes for the exposed trees and shadows cast by the canopy overhead. I used overlapping layers of cracked earth, patchy grass, and leafy ground photo textures. Of course I used Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 9 to create this style.

forest-floor.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Not my usual style or genre... here's a 1920's-ish gumshoe - private detective's office. I used actual old photo and newspaper for details. I created custom map objects for the typewriter, candlestick phone, lamp, hatrack, chairs, ash tray and cigar, whiskey bottle and shot glass, and the 38 revolver, even venetian blinds, in addition to the usual furnishings... enjoy! (These objects could potentially become their own set).

private-eye.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases