Gamerprinter's Map Emporeum

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Over the last 2 days, I've been working on an upscale Saxon Ring Fort, which could also serve as an Iron Age hill fort or a viking stronghold. Too often "barbarian" strongholds are depicted as overly primitive cultures. Barbarians were often fairly civilized and advanced in technology, but because they are different - language, customs, dress, to socalled civilized cultures they are considered "barbarous". Presumably, the residents of the town dwell within walls outside of the hill fort. At bottom, left to right: spring house, brewery, watch tower, smith, and granary. At top is left to right: oracle's hut, the worship tree, and stables. At center is the long hall. This map is 72 x 72, so should easily fit Roll20.

View attachment saxon-ring-fort-compressed.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Next personal project is the Mad, Mad, Mad Wizard's Labyrinth. A dungeon in 9 squares that form the full dungeon square. Posted below are the first two 24 x 24 sections, with one more coming that will go to the right of these two, then six more below them. Rules are once the entire party enters a square they can move about the rooms and doors they have access. Once the entire party (or confirmed party split with GM), enters another square, the previous square rotates 90 degrees clockwise, so attempting to reenter the door will take you to a different room. If you exit any of the outer doors, these link to the opposite doors in the square on the opposite side of the entire dungeon (2 squares away). While this could be used for any plot... here's one.

The Mad, Mad, Mad Wizard just died. He made deals with devils, demons, daemons, angels, aberrant beings, in addition to have been an epic level wizard. While multiple extra-planar beings are attempting to seize his soul for their agendas, the PC's sponsor also dealt with the wizard, and is owed his spellbook as payment. The PCs are told "You'll find his spellbook and a key on the desk, that you'll need to get out, in his study. Oh, and if you can't access the room, you'll need to go around to get there."

The party enters from the top left door. Notably, the study they find is in shambles and appears to have been hit by a fireball or some other fiery spell effect, but no book nor key. However, on a Perception check, the mirror on the opposite wall shows your reflection, but the room behind is elaborately decorated, with a desk shown with key and spellbook on it, in the mirror. The party cannot pass through the mirror - they'll need to go "around" to get there...

top-row-labyrinth.jpg

Hussar

Legend
I love this idea. Not sure how to implement it in fantasy grounds though. Maybe using a background layer and the 9 maps as tokens. Hrmmmm. Will have to look into this.

This looks a lot like the Dyson maps project.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Thank you, Hussar! This is just a one-off, no project per se, more an experiment on geomorphic tiles than anything else. I've done geomorphic before.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Working on a world maps as a private commission - here's the first of four continents, though this one, the person paying for this required it be close to the Warhammer High Elf home continent - so it's close in shape, but has a unique enough shoreline and terrain features. Also shown is the continental shelf, as I will be doing undersea topography as well, before calling it a world map - four continents to go!

Enjoy!

crescent.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Next continent for this world map is a cold, northern continent with conifer forest and tundra at it's "warm" southern reaches, a mountainous spine across the center and cold, barren wastes beyond. A primordial ice elemental of kaiju size ravages the northern areas, especially in the west causing those strange circular anomalies. To the north east is what appears to be a meteor strike site with surrounding crevasses cut into the glacial ice fields that dominate the north, the actual cause is more sinister and from below not a meteor.

Enjoy!

chad-1b.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I'm trying, but in a financial bind at the moment. Family health issues forced my daytime business to close, and the building sold (for too little money). Now I'm caregiving for both my parents, and their financial problems are my financial problems. Once things get untied, and I get some of the lost money, I will fulfill the KS. It's taking longer than I expected. And while I feel terrible, and want only good things for the patrons, I'm kind of trapped at the moment.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases