Gamerprinter's Map Emporeum

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I haven't been notified regarding a win, so I doubt it. That's OK, I seldom use ProFantasy software, so I thought it might be worth giving the contest a try to possibly get free upgrades for the software of their's I do have. I have primarily used ProFantasy software as a facilitator of printing client maps created in CC3 or other applications. I've never used their software to design maps. Not that there's anything wrong with the software, but I am quite familiar with other software (mainly Xara Designer Pro 9) for creation of maps. So its no big deal.

Last edited:

Avaru

First Post
That river crossing was great. Not the style I use usually, but recently I had to improvise during a session ... and yeah, this thread is great for that if you have a tablet at the gaming table. :)

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Working on a set of 50 (not done yet) symbols for coral reefs: 6 sea plants, 17 varieties of coral, 2 versions of clam, blue crab, tiger shark, sting ray, dolphin, humpback whale, jellyfish, a squid and octopus. I need to create a dozen or so fish - including clown fish, trigger fish, puffer fish and a few more.

This is what I've created so far:

coral-reef-test.jpg

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Hmmh, the proportions of the larger dolphin's tail look weird... Though Wikipedia tells us about individuality of tail forms, I still have problems to accept it.

But otherwise your work is cool as usual! :)

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Hmmh, the proportions of the larger dolphin's tail look weird... Though Wikipedia tells us about individuality of tail forms, I still have problems to accept it.

But otherwise your work is cool as usual! :)

That is no 'larger dolphin' rather that is a 'small humpback whale', though since both are cetaceans, they kind of look similar. If I posted the full size humpback, it would cover everything else! ;)

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
That is no 'larger dolphin' rather that is a 'small humpback whale', though since both are cetaceans, they kind of look similar. If I posted the full size humpback, it would cover everything else! ;)

Strange; some part of my editing of the post didn't survive the posting mechanism? :) There should have been the word "humpback" instead of the "dolphin" there. Anyway, its tail looks like it couldn't provide it with a lot of propulsion.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I might fix that humpback whale's tail on the model and render it again - texturing it was pretty easy, so its not a problem. I generally dislike doing anything twice, though, still it shouldn't be a problem to fix this.

For those interested in the process of working with 3D in the creation of these map objects, the following is not a full on tutorial, but it shows in step-by-step fashion how I create the 3D geometry using Nichimen Nendo, a subdivisional surface modeler, which I render in Raydream Studio. Finally, not shown, is the final colorized version of the object - in this case a clown fish. The included photo is one of the references images I used to create it. The final PNG alpha channel map object is posted at bottom.

modeling-a-clownfish.jpgclown_fish_final.png

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Strange; some part of my editing of the post didn't survive the posting mechanism? :) There should have been the word "humpback" instead of the "dolphin" there. Anyway, its tail looks like it couldn't provide it with a lot of propulsion.

I improved the tail I think for the humpback whale symbol, and the color.

humpback.png

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Next bunch of fish and sea creatures: puffer fish, lion fish, clown fish, seahorse, trigger fish, moray eel, sea urchin and a jellyfish... enjoy!

next-sea.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases