Gamerprinter's Map Emporeum

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Cover Art for the upcoming Undersea Symbol Pack of 50 symbols of marine lifeforms: plants, coral, fish, mammals and other sea life. This will be a part (1/5) of the next 250 map object set for KS backers. I will be selling it for $4.99 at various online markets. This product is now available at DTRPG/RPGNow.

undersea-pack-cover.jpg

Last edited:

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Working on a castaway/marooned sailor stuck on a deserted island map. I'm creating just the portion of the island along the beach where the castaway dwells. There's a short beach and short sliver of land containing palms and tropical plants, then a rocky rising where the castaway has stairs going up to a stockade a hut - apparently this guy's been there a while. He's scavenged timbers from the sunken sloop that he shipwrecked here as the only survivor. Although I'm nearly done with the map, I won't post it until I'm done. However, I am now working on the wrecked sloop, which I am doing in 3D to do the job justice. Of course as a 3D model, I can reappropriate it for use as a complete deck plan, down the road. For now, this is partially scavenged and sunk. All the work was done in Nichimen Nendo 1.1 my subdivisional surface modeler (the same program, I used to create all the sea life, posted above). Anyway, I'm building this ship from scratch, even including the ships frames, as it made designing the proportions easier doing it this way - though its more work. Still a ways to go yet, but, it's looking cool, so I thought I'd post the version I currently have... enjoy!

GP

sloop-more.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
OK, I finally finished my island castaway map - a tropical island home for 10 years or more, based on all the construction projects. This might work for a pirate adventure...

Note the 3D ship I created for this map - I can use as a nice map/map symbol down the road. So posted below is the 3D model rendered in final form. Then the map itself. Enjoy!

GP

sloop_model.jpgcastaway_final.jpg

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Wow, this looks really cool! Nevertheless, it's nitpick time! ;)

After ten years I wouldn't expect masts and yards to be in such a good condition anymore. And what's the rectangular dark shade under the giant squid?

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Honestly, I thought about it, but there's no easy way to cover the spars, masts and hull with build-up from corals - which it should have. Consider that most of the timbers recovered from the ship were probably done in the first year it had sunks. That said, my background story is just a story. This is a map anyone could use, and you might be able to make up a better story. This is just a map, use it - don't listen to me! :)

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
To make use of that 3D sloop model, I decided to make it into a map object of a sunken ship, partially submerged under the sea floor. Note the crates scattered around it and the fish inhabiting the area, the rest is transparent so whatever image comprises your sea floor shows through, even through the shadows, which are semi-transparent.

100 ppi PNG file with alpha channel transparency...

sunken-ship-object-100.png

Last edited:

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Once a demon is summoned, sometimes they won't go back to the Abyss, so a wizard needs another means of binding them. This is the holding cell for the demon, Abyzou. (I just created a lava field texture, and needed someplace to use it.)

Enjoy!

demonic-prison.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Since I don't do too many B/W or grayscale maps, I thought I'd do a quickee island map. I wouldn't call this a "five minute map" more like "fifteen minutes", but I did it for that purpose (there's a G+ community dedicated to creating 5 minute map challenges). Enjoy!

nobs_isle.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I've got the two map objects set - Fantasy Symbol Pack 100 ($10.99) and Undersea Symbol Set 50 ($4.99) available at Roll20 marketplace. (Once the link to the Undersea Symbol Set is ready, I will edit and add the link in this post).

I should have them uploaded to DTRPG, d20pfsrd store and Paizo store very soon!

Michael

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Usually mappers use stars for capitals and dots for cities, sometimes mappers use little icons that represent any castle, another for town, another for unique locations - all viable methods for labeling regional maps. Sometimes unique icons or symbols are used for individual location - this is what I'm attempting now, creating mini illustrations of singular, iconic structures found in each community or unique location. Some of them might need a second go over with a pen (the small cathedral notably), but progress is going well.

So far I've created: a ruined tower, walled manor, small castle, wizard's tower, wharf, tavern/inn, small cathedral, towered bridge, medieval lighthouse, and a monastery. Moving right along...

medieval-hand-drawn.jpg

Remove ads