Gamerprinter's Map Emporeum

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Here's a map of a neolithic village very similar in style and structure to Skara Brae. Each chamber contains a central square fireplace, stone slab box framed beds, stone slab water container or bait box, stone seats, and a stone slab dresser with trinkets on it. All done in Xara Deisigner Pro 9, in about 1.5 hours.

neolithic-village-final.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
The arboreal village of cannibal halfling spider riders and their cliff cave stronghold near the falls of the Torinocco River in the rain forests of the Lost Realms. Enjoy!

arboreal-halfling-village-final.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
So I'm setting up the page numbers on the tutorial pages, when I get to Tutorial #16, and I realize, that though I planned to do it, even naming the file, I didn't actually make this one. So I created a tutorial for that spot, last night - waterfalls and rapids. Here's the final illustrative step for that tutorial... I hope to get this to release before the weekend, but realistically it will be a Monday release.

falls-n-rapids.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
I was just offered a freelance gig as secondary illustrator for Activision Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, creating maps for the tactical guide book. Although freelance, I would be expected to fly out to Los Angelos to speak with the authors and developers prior to the start of any project. This wouldn't be maps in game, rather the printed tactical guide that comes with a purchase of the game, though this is an Activision publication and not some 3PP aftermarket book. Although I've never created maps for the video game industry I can't imagine it being much different than the kind of maps posted in this thread for use by tabletop RPG publishers - except for specific size, scale, resolution and file formats. I look forward to see how this opportunity pans out. Perhaps I might get more video game company cartographic projects to be a part of in the future! ;)

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Thanks, Hand of Evil!

I just created a Post Apocalyptic/post-war battlemap, as I don't create too many non-fantasy based maps. I created a 3D utility truck and 2 telephone poles. Rather than include a building, I created a primitive defensive position with chain link fence, rubble and dirt dikes - perhaps this is held by a marauder group or survivalist colony. As always, everything done in Xara Designer Pro 9, except for the 3D elements - I did create the 3D sign using Xara extrusions, however.

post-apoc.jpg

Last edited:

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
OK, I finished the luxury Pullman rail car with 4 sleeping suites, 2 private chambers, associated toilets, a recreational room with bar and pool table, a dining room and a kitchen/pantry area. As somebody else mentioned usually the dining/kitchen car is a separate car. However, all Pullman cars were customized. The rich owner of this is a gormet chef as a hobby and insisted a private kitchen was included with his car. Otherwise this Pullman car was inspired by the Wild, Wild West TV show.

pullman-luxury-car-final.png

Remove ads