Gamerprinter's Map Emporeum

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
New side project map

I've been busy working on Kaidan, so much, I needed a breath of non-Asian fresh air, so I created this map of a fantasy Celtic world region, just to take my mind of my "regularly scheduled program"! :p

This map is completely hand-drawn, then scanned, imported to Xara Xtreme Pro 4.0 for composition, coloring, borders and labeling. Incidentally the Celtic knotwork border is a font, not hand-drawn, but it works effectively for creating Celtic flavored work.

This is a Celtic slaver's map. Ambrathas, a city of Celtic sorcerers and slave masters need more fieldworkers. An explorer has recently uncovered Celtic lands to the east that follow a more druidic and farming lifestyle - making them ideal candidates for new slaves.

The map kind of reminds me of Middle Earth, except the bad guys are in the region of the Shire, while the good guys are where Mordor should be...

Enjoy!

slavers-thumb.jpg

Link to larger map file:
http://www.gamer-printshop.com/kaidan/slavers.jpg

GP

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
The Gift: Part 1 is now released

As of 10 pm, yesterday, The Gift: Part 1, first of three adventures for Kaidan: a Japanese Ghost Story setting has been officially released and is now available at RPG Now, however trying to change the linked site to point to the EnWorld mirror store so I can get this as a News Scoop to Morrus.

For the first 30 days, it is being offered for $3.99, then will go to $5.99.

Adventure features over 13 full color maps, dozens of illustrations by Mark Hyzer, Simon Turnbull, cover art by Jan Pospisil, written by Michael Tumey, Andy Champagne, and Andrew Chirgwin. Over 50 pages, 7+ MB PDF download.

Available at RPG Now, the Paizo Store, Drivethru RPG, Gamer Printshop and Dementia 5 websites.

GP

Last edited:

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
New publishing project soon!

Looks like I'm going to start a new publishing project, this one a Rogue's Resource Guide of sorts, I'm doing the maps (with sliced printable versions) for 4e.

The work will be written and published by Johnn Four of Roleplayingtips.com newseltter and with Yax of Game Mastery blog.

Expected release early 2010.

GP

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Yuleblood Map

Reposting this from the other thread (which I'll probably have deleted.)

This is my map for the Cartographers' Guild December Monthly Mapping Challenge - Create an Orcish Christmas Map.

Notice the style, though hand-drawn, has kind of a cartoony/realistic style, it matches the "tongue and cheek" illustrations I did for the extra credit part of the challenge.

I created a 14 stanza poem, then I created 14 hand-drawn illustrations and created it in the format of a Children's Book - The Twelve Nights of Yuleblood.

Perhaps I'll publish it - don't know how much interest there is in that??? I'm now planning to couple the story/map with a 1st level Pathfinder adventure where the PCs are Orcs crusading against the other races, as per poem...

Here's the map:

yuleblood-final-thumb.jpg

http://www.gamer-printshop.com/kaidan/yuleblood-final.jpg

Enjoy! Happy Holidays!

GP

Last edited:

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
An illustration instead of a map...

I'm really more of a cartographer than an illustrater, but I needed a cover design for a project I'm using the above map on - this is for the poem for the contest entry, but I plan to use this for an adventure publication, with slightly altered wording. Anyway, to get an idea of my illustration skills - enjoy this...

yuleblood-cover-thumb.jpg

Happy Holidays!

GP

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Topside over a Thieves Guild - map

I'm currently working on several map for a 4e Rogues Resource I am publishing collaboratively with Johnn Four of Roleplaying Tips newsletter and Yax of GameMastery/4e blog.

I am creating an under street thieves guild. This map is the area directly overhead at ground level in a poor working class district: buildings top to bottom right to left: Cat o' Nine Tails Tavern, a Barrelmakers shop (roof only)
Bootmakers Shop (tiny southwest corner building), Carter House/Shop/Stable.

The Thieves Guild map will just have to remain undisclosed until after publication, but this map is cool preview of what's down below, coming soon!

Enjoy!

GP

topside-of-guild.jpg

Treebore

First Post
Very nice, as always, Mike! I'll be picking this up, for Aces and Eights. I also have Sidewinder, but A&8 grabbed me much stronger than Sidewinder.

Still, maps, with good adventure ideas, are good for any RPG, not just the one they are made for.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases