Gamerprinter's Map Emporeum

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Entry for the One Page Dungeon Contest

Not yet finished with my entry into this year's One Page Dungeon Contest, but just a hint at what mine is all about, here's just one part of the dungeon, well the floor decorations for it.

This area image is called the Boneyard - everything is hand-drawn, scanned, then colored, beveled and given drop shadows in Xara Xtreme Pro 4.0.

I don't want to do this twice is I don't have to - the Boneyard that is.

Here's a thumbnail of the Boneyard...

boneyard-thumb.jpg

Enjoy!

GP

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
One Page Dungeon Contest Entry

My One Page Dungeon Contest entry is complete. This was a bear of a map, I probably have almost 20 hours of work into (considering most maps I do take me less than 2 hours to create.)

On the legend at the bottom is a listed website page, but its not ready yet, I will be making that page tonight. I'm thinking about posting an entire adventure made ready for Pathfinder RPG and posting it there as well as a PDF version so you can download and use.

Its got that boneyard from above in it as well.

Enjoy!

GP

necromancers-crypt.jpg

Link to larger version:
http://www.gamer-printshop.com/cbg/crypt-final.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
How to make a simple map into something complex...

Here's my latest map, one of two for a small print publication. It is the village of Tomme. You'll notice with the insets, this is three maps in one. The main map describes the "down town" area of the small village where the entire adventure takes place. The top left inset describes the interior of the Woodpecker Inn, which is the primary adventure location. (Notice the placed Hex Grid, as this is for one of those non-D&D fantasy systems!)

The bottom right inset displays the entire village and immediate environs. It is a logging camp turned village with a few small local farms.

This is in my "newish" hand-drawn, soft color palatte, digitally enhanced style.

Enjoy!

GP

tomme-thumb.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Map for The Gift: Part 2 - Dim Spirit

This is a village map for a tribe of Hengeyokai (animal barbarian shape-changers) for my Kaidan: a Japanese Ghost Story setting, specifically for the second adventure of The Gift: Part 2 - Dim Spirit.

This is a major rest area for the adventure party running from the law and the local demon spirits.

All the linework for this map has been hand-drawn, scanned to Photoshop, then imported to Xara Xtreme Pro 4.0 for all coloring, shadowing, bevels and other special effects. I referenced 3D models of the roofs of the buildings (I created the 3D roof models) as well as photographs of Japanese farms and wilderness scenes.

I had fun creating the river and waterfalls.

The publication of the The Gift: Part 2 - Dim Spirit should be released sometime in May 2010, as an imprint under Rite Publishing.

Enjoy!

GP

kitsumura-thumb.jpg

Link to larger file:
http://www.gamer-printshop.com/kaidan/kitsumura-final.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
An illustration, not a map...

I needed a specific illustration of a Mujina Hengeyokai (Japanese Badger Shape-changer), but I didn't want to pay an artist to do it. I went online found an appropriately posed photo of a badger, and an Ainu chieften in ceremonial garb, morphed the two together in Xara Xtreme, then printed it out, using it as a reference to create the hand-drawing. Coloring done in Xara, enjoy!

GP

mujina-new.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
IPAD Map Commission for RPGNet

Not a map, but just some interesting news. I just received a commission from the president/owner of RPGNet to create a series of maps to be used in an experiment using Apple's new IPAD.

I'll be creating a regional map, city map and tavern map initially allowing IPAD users to click from one map to load a zoomed map separate map. Each map will be sliced into 1024 x 768 pieces you can pan from one piece to another, or click jump to the next level of map - using a different set of maps.

Should the project prove fruitful, I'll be making a bunch more.

One thing nice though, I've never been to RPGNet, so its not like I was trying to coo that site and checking out my work. They found me online and contacted me directly. Kind of cool!

I'll post updates if I get more info.

GP

Nytmare

David Jose
Woohoo, congratulations!

[EDIT] Also what are all those little purple stars on the right hand side of the Kitsumura map?

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Nice spot!

Woohoo, congratulations!

[EDIT] Also what are all those little purple stars on the right hand side of the Kitsumura map?

You know, I think those are remnants of a compass rose removed from this map at some time, those were compass points, somehow got moved, not deleted and I didn't see them. Nice perception check!

I'll probably just delete them, or else find the original compass rose and throw it in the map. Thanks for pointing that out.

Its not for another publisher (that would be a bad thing), its intended for my second Kaidan adventure, not published yet, so I got to fix it.

GP

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
A rare sci-fi map

I almost never create Sci-Fi maps, but following the rules for a lighter than usual challenge at the Cartographers' Guild - create a space without obvious windows or doors out, with teleport or transporter access only, any genre. Plus I just to Avatar (the movie) for the first time at a friends with big screen HD blu ray disc - awesome flick!

So this my version of a futuristic assassin/black operative secret lair on a hidden deck aboard cruiser class starships as part of its communications array. Agents can upload their consciousness via the uplink bed at center of map, and linked to one of five alien lifeforms that he can operate independantly while he is asleep to perform: assassinations, spying, sabotage, terrorist activity, even suicide bombing, as operative is safely asleep aboard ship in the module, even if uplinked alien form is killed/destroyed.

Enjoy!

GP

Anyway, I thought I'd post it here...

Link to larger file (8" x 10.5" 300 ppi JPG)
http://www.gamer-printshop.com/cbg/avatar-module-final.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads