Gamerprinter's Map Emporeum

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Sorry, the site is under major redesign - I'm trying to make a Wordpress site, and I have no skill in PHP. Everything will be up eventually. Regarding the WoBS campaign maps and other missing maps, everything will be up again, when the new site is built.

While I have been busy in game development for the past several months, I've even avoided the Cartographers' Guild for much of that time, so I hadn't gotten any new maps, until now.

Just this weekend, I decided to try the November Challenge at the Cartographers' Guild - Map a Castle. Rather than a map, though, this is more like the illustration maps I've been doing lately.

Castle Marlbrook - enjoy!

GP

marlbrook-thumb.jpg

Link to larger file... http://www.gamer-printshop.com/cbg/marlbrook.jpg

GP

Wicht

Hero
This is a village map for a tribe of Hengeyokai (animal barbarian shape-changers) for my Kaidan: a Japanese Ghost Story setting, specifically for the second adventure of The Gift: Part 2 - Dim Spirit.

This is a major rest area for the adventure party running from the law and the local demon spirits.

All the linework for this map has been hand-drawn, scanned to Photoshop, then imported to Xara Xtreme Pro 4.0 for all coloring, shadowing, bevels and other special effects. I referenced 3D models of the roofs of the buildings (I created the 3D roof models) as well as photographs of Japanese farms and wilderness scenes.

I had fun creating the river and waterfalls.

The publication of the The Gift: Part 2 - Dim Spirit should be released sometime in May 2010, as an imprint under Rite Publishing.

Enjoy!

GP

kitsumura-thumb.jpg

Link to larger file:
http://www.gamer-printshop.com/kaidan/kitsumura-final.jpg

Interestingly, I was surfing the net for Hengeyokai material and was directed here. :D

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Well we should be the authority on hengeyokai, shouldn't we? At least one of them :)

Looks like I'll be working on a world map on commission for Third Dawn, Dreamscarred Press's campaign setting.

Oh and FreeRPGmaps.com will be starting on February 1st for sure!

GP

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Update...

Sorry guys, its been a while since I posted to this thread, although lots of maps and news has occurred since that time. I've been very busy on map commissions and working on my Kaidan setting and adventures.

Obviously, if noticed the other thread, Free RPG Maps is open! I have a full map tile set available as printed map tiles and as virtual terrain map set, both available on subscription or as one-time purchases. I've also posted 2 maps so far for free downloads on my forums page. (I have a Wordpress Blog, an Ecommerce shopping cart site, a main site and a Community Forums page.)

The first map posted below is my entry for the One Page Dungeon Contest, I call it The Emperor's Playground. Inspired by my own setting for publication, this location is beneath the Imperial Palace of Kaidan - a birthday present to the emperor (who is ghost trapped in the mind and body of a 5 year old boy) from his grandfather, the Shogun.

opdc.jpg

Link to larger version: Emperor's Playground

Here's a ruined forest village called the Garden Shrine, the last map for the second Kaidan adventure, Dim Spirit:

garden-shrine-thumb.jpg

Link to larger version: Garden Shrine

I will post more soon!

GP

Last edited:

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Kaidan map for a Con Game

The Frozen Wind is a one-shot Con Game for Kaidan, being run a Origins, Gencon and Paizocon 2011. This is a 9th level adventure for a party of 4 local Kaidanese characters seeking refuge from a mountain snow storm. Ice Oni and a Yuki-onna await them after killing off all the monks in the monastery.

There is a second Kaidan con game adventure yet to be created, but will be a 1st level adventure called The Tolling of Tears.

This is the map for the Frozen Wind - a monastery in a mountain crevice.

GP

Link to larger version: Frozen Wind Monastery

frozen-wind-thumb.jpg

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Akayama (red mountain) tengu village

I haven't posted any maps lately, as I've been a busy guy lately.

I decided to participate in the Cartographers' Guild mapping challenge (contest) for this month, which was to create a Mountain theme map.

I opted to create a Tengu village, something for my Kaidan setting.

Link to larger file: Akayama village

Enjoy!

GP

akayama-hi-res-thumb-small.jpg

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases