Drow Cutlass (work in progress)

started building this today for a 3D scene I've got an idea for.
Not properly textured yet and still needing more detailing etc. :)

Idea is like a sort of cross between a shortsword and a human cutlass, can use to slash or stab equally well, the guard having a spider design (rear 4 legs forms the hand guard)
A "close up and personal" weapon for tunnel fights and assassinations!

[sblock="Drow Cutlass"]
drow_cutlass4.jpg

[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
I really like the spider guard. Can't wait to see the finished work. And I think there is a drow weapon in Eberron called a longknife or something...this kinda reminds me of that weapon.

Cheers! :)
IIRC a long time ago, I saw a piece of (A)D&D art with a longsword who's hilt was a spider shape?

the render doesn't show off the "fuller" very well as it's subtle, and I tried making it lookhand made, not machine ground (and impossibly perfect)

Rhun,
hm, I have the Eberron guides, is it in one of them? :)

Rhun

First Post
Rhun,
hm, I have the Eberron guides, is it in one of them? :)

I don't have the book that it is in...I'm playing in a PBP where we have found a couple, though. A quick google search seems to indicate you can find the Drow Long Knife in either Races of Eberron or Secrets of Xen'drik.

Hope that helps!

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Nice! The first picky left me a bit cold, but now that the spidey has eyes and a few more details it's awesome. Can't wait for the finished piece ;)

Blackrat,
*bows* :)
oh be a bit afore I get it finished though, as I'm playing the new add on to Fallout3 so I'm knee deep in mutants! :p
also gotta texture it, so I'll add engraving and runes. The actual hand piece needs lot of work, to make it like twisted leather and wire.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Yeah, I kinda figured the blade textures would take some time. What add on are you playing? I should probably DL those too, just to get some new fun going on...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases