X5: To the Temple of Death - IC

kinem

Adventurer
The Great Pass lies in the Black Mountains, one of the highest and most forbidding mountain chains in the known lands. Here peaks are permanently ice-covered, and large glaciers fill many of the high valleys and saddles. From a distance the mountains appear white and dull blue, but when viewed closely, the blue becomes dull gray, barren rock. Most of the mountain land is well above the treeline, even above the highest of the alpine meadows that cover the lower slopes.

Father Fuller has a fair idea where the Pass should be, and leads his companions there this morning, intent on reaching the land of the evil Master and ending the threat to the civilized lands.

You find a heavily trampled path and follow it. However, the path just leads up to a blank cliff wall.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
"Well, if that isn't suspcious, than I don't know what is," says Aram, looking over the cliff wall before them. He removes a pair of spectacles from his pack, puts them on, and then moves to the cliff wall, slowly checking over the surface of the rock for anything unusual. "This could take a little while."

Search +15, take 20 if appropriate and won't take hours. Take 10 otherwise.

Also, can we assume the during our day of rest waiting for Beving to appear, that Father Fuller prayed for the spells necessary to remove Aram's negative energy level?

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]Father Fuller presumably prepared the spell (right renau1g?), but Aram was able to overcome the negative level on his own.

Girgal had used his wand of lesser vigor to heal himself and Ripclaw. I'd say he used about 5 charges.

Father Fuller is fully healed having used his own spells yesterday to heal himself. The party is at full hp.

I'll assume that Bevin wasn't carrying the loot from the commander at the time he vanished. You should decide who has the ring of telekinesis in particular.[/sblock]

Aram gives the sheer rock face a close visual inspection, but he doesn't see any signs of a secret passage or other irregularities. If anything, the rock looks smooth and featureless.

renau1g

First Post
Father Fuller says "Maybe there is good Master Aram, I will take a look. By the way, that new ring of yours looks mighty nice" as he casts a minor incantation to detect magic

[sblock=OOC]
I assume it might be nice for Aram to have something in case we run across foes his blades can't harm? Like the skeleton?
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I just assumed Aram would take what I can only assume are the gauntlets of ogre power, and give the ring to someone else. Fuller would be a good candidate, since he really doesn't have a great weapon right now, and may need something if he runs out of spells.
[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Keira walks back and forth in front of the cliff face, muttering and flipping through her book.

"Open Sesame? No... Abra Cadabra? Blatherskite? There's got to be something in here..." The woman continues flipping pages as she ponders the wall, sighing as she leans up against it.

[sblock=ooc]
pleasefallthroughpleasefallthrough. ;)
In other news, assuming it's not an illusory wall, would any knowledges help in figuring this thing out? Engineering(+11) to notice some hidden lever? History(+15) to know of past instances of this type of 'road leading into wall'?
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Aram safely stows his goggles back in his pack and waits patiently for Fuller and Keira to finish their investigations of the cliff face. He turns his attention outward, keeping an eye and ear open for any sign of danger.

kinem

Adventurer
Father Fuller studies the wall with his magical sight.

[sblock=renau1g]and detects a moderate aura of illusion[/sblock]

Keira mutters and ponders, finally leaning onto the cliff face in frustration - and flops down into the dirt as she tumbles right into the solid wall of rock as though it were thin air.

Beyond the illusory mountainside, she sees a narrow box canyon. The mouth of the canyon is 20 yards wide. Cliffs 300’ high rise up on either side. The canyon curves to the right ahead, blocking line of sight.

Jemal

Adventurer
Keira coughs from the dirt her fall kicks up, and between the coughs her voice comes from beyond the illusory cliff wall "found it." she calls as she picks herself up.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases