X5: To the Temple of Death - IC

kinem

Adventurer
"Wait! It doesn't make sense for us to all go in yet. Remember, when you see the enemy, it could be too late - you'll be a statue. I'm going in with eyes shut, using my blindsense. Wait for my signal."

Keira heads into the sea serpent tunnel.

Rhun

First Post
"She sure told us," mutters Aram, a wry smile on his face. The dervish readies his weapons, and prepares to follow Kiera upon her signal.

OOC: With Jemal gone, are we going to have to recruit a fourth again?

kinem

Adventurer
ooc: I will assume no one followed Keira.

After a while, the sorceress emerges from the tunnel she'd entered. "There's a barred gate. I didn't see any snake-haired ladies, and not just because I had my eyes closed. Maybe they're outside or in the other tunnel. There's a voice funnel and a male voice asked for the password. I told him to wait while I got the commander."

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 66/66, F +11,R+8,W+14
Ripclaw HP 57/57

Girgal looks at the others, uncertain what to do.

[sblock=ooc]

Still need an answer:

Is petrification a polymorph effect? Thinking about summoning creatures that are hopefully immune to it. Earth elementals seem susceptible...

----

Ripclaw: Hide+15, Move Silently+10

Will use the Summon feat for flavor in out-of-combat situation, alternating between different elements.

Spot +17, Listen +18

Spells:
0 (6) - cure minor wounds x2, light x2, detect magic x2
1 (4) – (jump), produce flame x2, faery fire, cure light wounds - obscuring mist
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle – snake swiftness, mass
3 (3) – (protection from energy), spirit jaws, blindsight x2 – greater magic fang
4 (2) – (freedom of movement), blast of sand – SNA 4
5 (2) - (SNA 5), baleful polymorph - animal growth

Ripclaw has:
HP 57
AC: (with barkskin) 30 (T15, FF25)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+15, Move Silently+10
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"Well, if it was a locked gate, I might be able to do something about it...but a bar certainly complicates things." Aram shrugs. "Unless one of you has some magics for getting through the gate, it sounds like we may have to try the other path."

kinem

Adventurer
"Maybe we could trick them into letting us pass. Unfortunately, I have only my natural charm" Keira says, flashing a charming smile. "If only we had a spellcaster with us who specialized in such magics, that could have been a great help.

Failing that, maybe we could smash through the gate with that crazy axe of yours"
she says, indicating the adamantine greataxe. (ooc: who has it?)

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I believe the troll had it last. FF can't use it, neither can Girgal, or Keira. Maybe Aram can use it?
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
ooc: You guys fought and killed the troll skeleton to take back the axe. BTW, I believe Fuller has the ring of telekinesis.

In 3.x, anyone can use any weapon, just not as well as if you had proficiency (-4 to hit).

Remove ads