X5: To the Temple of Death - IC

kinem

Adventurer
After a while a reply comes back through the tube. "Ain't right. Hold on."

Soon a man appears in front of the gate. He wears half-plate armor (in a style similar to the armor Fuller wears) and bears a sword and a bow.

He takes a look at the party.

"What's going on here?" he demands. "The pass phrase is supposed to be exact. Who are you?"

His voice is not as deep as that which came through the tube.

Rhun

First Post
Aram doesn't bat an eye at the man's question. "It has been a long journey. We are assigned to the Hulean division; our commander sent us to report to The Master on his findings at the Abbey."

OOC: Aram has a whopping bluff of +5

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
The man considers. "I don't know ... I was given to understand that the Master has more direct ways to talk to the commanders. And my orders are clear. Is this a test for me? Go back to the abbey and get the right password from the monks, then you can come through."

Rhun

First Post
"You have to be kidding me," says Aram, sighing heavily. "It is many days back to the Abbey! And I'd like to avoid another confrontation with those centaurs. We slew several, but took many injuries...one of our band was slain! Perhaps you could provide us with a few additional men for the trek back, if you are seriously going to force us to again make the journey?"

kinem

Adventurer
"You fool! The centaurs have always feared to oppose us openly. Now that you have stirred them up, I suppose we will have to exterminate them all."

The armored man sighs. "Very well. You'll help me do it, though. I'll come inside, and fetch the sisters, and we'll all go take care of the centaurs. When that's done, you can continue on your way."

"Lift the bar!" he calls out.

The chain from the ceiling pulls the heavy iron bar up, allowing him to open the gate.

Rhun

First Post
Aram waits patiently for the door to open, and the enemy to reveal themselves. He nods almost imperceptibly to his companions to be ready.

kinem

Adventurer
The armored man opens the gate and begins to step through. Ten feet behind him is a cliff.

ooc: Somehow I get the impression that the armored man's plan to kill the centaurs did not go over well with the party, and a confrontation with him may be brewing, so here is a map. Do you attack?

[sblock=map]
Code:
######
X..f.X
XY,,XX
X.FA.X
X....X
X.KG.X
X....X
X....X
X....X
X....X