X5: To the Temple of Death - IC

kinem

Adventurer
Jex's shadowy arrow strikes the beast, and it slumps to the ground, its red-rimmed eyes staring vacantly feet from Aram's face. The shadow elemental strikes the creature as well, perhaps finishing it off.

"Are you alright, Aram?" Fuller calls down.

Rhun

First Post
"Alright is a relative term," answers Aram, sheathing his blades. The dervish moves back to the wall, climbing back up to join his companions. "A bit of healing may be required" he says, as he makes his way up.

Dragonwriter

First Post
"As well as, perhaps, just avoiding any other beasts like those. The more I see of this place, the more it seems like a demented fortress than a temple."

The shadowcaster looks around, particularly up at the nearby tower while Eissun melts back into the stone wall.

kinem

Adventurer
"This should help." Father Fuller casts a spell and touches Aram, who begins feeling less pain. Unlike most healing spells, the cure seems to take a while to have its full effect.

[sblock=ooc]lesser vigor, w/Augment Healing feat; heal 3 hp 1st round, 1 hp on subsequent rounds; total of 17 hp will be healed[/sblock]
"You're right, Jex. Bears with heads like owls? What's next - sharks with wands that shoot scorching rays tied to their heads?"

He follows the shadow mage's gaze, up the tower. "This sounds crazy, I know, but listen. They probably expect us to walk around the tower and try to enter the front door. And who knows what they have in store for us there. Girgal, do you have any more climbing magic? What if we were to climb up the tower? If nothing else, we might be able to steal or destroy the airship."

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 66/66, F +11,R+8,W+14
Ripclaw HP 57/57

"I prepared a stronger variant of the spell that helped us to climb up the wall, yes." Girgal answers. Then he points at the phasing shadow-elemental and asks Jex: "Can you communicate with it? It could take a look through the wall to give us some hints."

[sblock=ooc]

active:
barkskin
enhance wild shape
spiderclimb
summon feat

----

Ripclaw: Hide+15, Move Silently+10

Spot +17, Listen +18

not final:
Spells:
0 (6) - cure minor wounds x2, light x2, detect magic x2
1 (4) – (jump), produce flame x2, vigor (lesser) x2 - faery fire,
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle – snake swiftness, mass
3 (3) – (protection from energy), Stone Shape, blindsight – greater magic fang
4 (2) – (freedom of movement), Dispel Magic, enhance wildshape – SNA 4
5 (2) - (SNA 5), Greater stone shape - animal growth

Ripclaw has:
HP 57 (-)
AC: (with barkskin) 30 (T15, FF25)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+15, Move Silently+10
[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jex smiles slightly at Father Fuller's suggestion. "If we really can steal it, maybe we could crash it straight into the temple. Through the front door, of course, so we don't ruin their expectations completely."

Turning to Girgal, the human nods. "Sure, I can send my companion in. However, he can't stray too far from me. Something about the linking magic requires him to remain nearby. But here goes nothing," the strange man finishes as he calls Eissun back up, then sends the shadow elemental into the tower, Jex following behind.

[sblock=OOC]
Eissun can go 60 feet from Jex, with Blindsight 60 ft.
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
ooc: When you say Jex is following behind, where exactly does he go? Does he cross directly across the moat? There are still 2 owlbears in the northeast garden area, and 2 in each of the 2 western gardens.

Dragonwriter

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
As far as I can go along the wall. I don't want to walk across crocodiles, or provoke the other owlbears, if I can avoid it. Anyways, Eissun can go 60 ft. from my position.

Perhaps I'm incorrect and need to look at the map again. :erm:
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
"Thank you, Father," says Aram as his wounds begin to heal. He turns his gaze to the towe. "I'm all for climbing to the window. Surprise is a good thing."

kinem

Adventurer
There's a glass window facing you near ground level. Peering at it, you realize that it's shuttered from the inside.

Jex remains on the narrow wall while he sends his shadow to investigate the tower.

[sblock=Jex]Eissun's not too familiar with the ways of man so he doesn't understand everything he sees.

He passes through the tower wall and finds a chamber. Inside are various furnishings - including a table with books on it, a chair, and an open coffin with an unmoving body in it. Around the room are shelves of books and scrolls, a bed, stuffed animals and odd things hanging from the walls, and several large chests.

He can't go beyond this room without straying too far from his master.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases