X5: To the Temple of Death - IC

Rhun

First Post
"Go," says Aram, pointing back the way they came with a single scimitar. "If we cross blades again, I shall not be as merciful."

renau1g

First Post
After they are gone, Father Fuller turns to the others and reveals the items from the wizard. "Ho,ho now we just need a way to figure out what they do" the abbot says, looking to Keira hopefully.

Jemal

Adventurer
Keira's eyes were uncharacteristically angry as she silently watched the men leave. She manages to shake off her silence though, as the items are shown to her. "Magical Identification has never been my strongest suite, I'm more into the lore and histories of them, but I'll see what I can do. Any objections to waiting here in the cave for a few moments?"

Her eyes begin to glow as she examines the items, and the sorceress continues speaking, lowering her voice "And meanwhile someone with a bit of stealth can head after them to make sure they've actually left? No offense, Father, but there's something about them I don't trust. Might have something to do with the 'following a homicidal despot' or perhaps the blatant racism.."

[sblock=ooc]
Spellcraft; Knowledge Arcana (1d20+16=24, 1d20+17=28) Spellcraft 24, Knowledge Arcana 28, Detect Magic.
[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Aram nods and moves to follow the men, just to make sure they really are leaving.

Move Silent +12, Hide +12

Walking Dad

First Post
Girgal, AC 23 (T15, FF20), HP 52/66, F +11,R+8,W+14
Ripclaw HP 52/57

Girgal nods silently and follows them on Ripclaw like a ghost.

[sblock=ooc]

----

Ripclaw: Hide+15, Move Silently+10

Will use the Summon feat for flavor in out-of-combat situation, alternating between different elements.

Spot +17, Listen +18

Spells:
0 (6) - cure minor wounds x2, light x2, detect magic x2
1 (4) – (jump), produce flame x2, faery fire, cure light wounds - obscuring mist
2 (4) - (spiderclimb), barkskin x2, animalistic power, blinding spittle – snake swiftness, mass
3 (3) – (protection from energy), stone shape, spirit jaws, blindsight – greater magic fang
4 (2) – (freedom of movement), blast of sand, enhance wildshape – SNA 4
5 (2) - (tree stride), SNA 5 - animal growth

Ripclaw has:
HP 57
AC: (with barkskin) 30 (T15, FF25)
Full Attack: 2 Claws +7 melee (1d6+4 plus poison) and bite +2 melee (1d6+2) and tail + 2 melee (1d6+2 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Leaping pounce, poison (DC 14 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex), rake 1d6+3
Hide+15, Move Silently+10
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=Jemal]The potion has a faint conjuration aura, while the wands have auras of moderate enchantment and faint divination.

The divination wand is a stick of onyx covered with runes. Keira can decipher symbols for "identification".

The enchantment wand is a carved white bone with a dark stone attached to one end.[/sblock]

The men head back to the damaged fake dragon. They begin opening crates against the cavern walls and gathering supplies. A few of them notice that they are being followed and tell the rest, but they don't do anything about it.

Two of the men argue angrily; the man who spoke against elves calling the one who opposed the war a traitor. It seems for a moment as if they are about to come to blows, but the other men hold them apart.

There are some swords and a few crossbows among the supplies, which the men take, while the rest of the men break off parts from the dragon or the crates to form makeshift clubs. After gathering what they can, the men head out into the valley and trek away from the caves.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Back inside, the tunnel stretches ahead in a long, winding path. There are numerous side tunnels that lead nowhere.

As the party heads deeper inside, the tunnel goes onward for miles, and it becomes hard to breathe.

There are some major forks in the tunnels, and it becomes clear that the party must make a choice: Left or Right path?

renau1g

First Post
"If only your friend Bevin was still here, a dwarf would be a big help here underground. Ah well, do you want to flip a coin?" Father Fuller asks

Rhun

First Post
"Yes, a dwarf would be perfect in these tunnels. But alas, he is lost to us." Aram considers the passages. "Yes, let's flip a coin."

Remove ads