Kvetching: Food & Consequences

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well, the saying "No good deed goes unpunished" has apparently claimed another victim.

Today, we had a mini-family gathering & "feastival" of sorts.

Menu: Potatoes; corn; mushrooms; burgers; 2 kinds of sausage; pork chops; chicken breasts & thighs; boiled shrimp, prawns, blue crabs and crawfish; cake; pecan bars; watermelon.

Simply awesome. Everyone found something they could pig out on and a good time was had by all.

Then, in the process of cleanup, we managed to clog the pipes so bad we had flooding in the utility room. The floodwater contained bits of crawfish and other detritus, so it smells like the butt-end of a riverbottom. There's bits all over the underside of our washer, dryer, and possibly refrigerator. AND the wall seems to have warped a little.

Yes, we just finished our renovation last week, thanks for asking!
:)

*sigh*

At least we ate well and had good company for the bulk of the day...

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The plumber just left...another $100 to add to the bottom line of yesterday's festivities.

And the smell has gotten worse. Today is going to be a long one.

When someone screws you over, its infuriating.

When you do it to yourself, its frustrating.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well...

Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall. [Proverbs 16:18]

We thought we knew better than the plumber, and bought into the hype of our ultra-high power garbage disposer. We shoved shellfish carcasses down it- as we had done many times before- but we used a lot less water to do it with than usual...

So it clogged.

Now, we do have some damage, but at least a portion of it is probably from prior backups that went unnoticed. This won't happen again.

As of this weekend, our garbage disposer has converted to Judaism, and will be keeping kosher- no more shellfish for it!

Aeolius

Adventurer
Hippy: What's that?
Granny: Smoked crawdad
Hippy: Far out. Which end do you light?

And now I am craving conch fritters...

ssampier

First Post
Don't miss tomorrow's exciting episode: Shellgame or Crabby demeanor

rocky_and_bullwinkle.jpg

Last edited:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
We've gotten most of the stuff up now...and all we have to deal with (besides the wall damage, of course) is the stack of stinky towels that currently resembles Devil's Tower National Monument.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
"No good deed goes unpunished"

This should be the first sentence of the Bible. Or at least the Constitution. :(

Menu: Potatoes; corn; mushrooms; burgers; 2 kinds of sausage; pork chops; chicken breasts & thighs; boiled shrimp, prawns, blue crabs and crawfish; cake; pecan bars; watermelon.

Simply awesome. Everyone found something they could pig out on and a good time was had by all.

Then, in the process of cleanup, we managed to clog the pipes so bad we had flooding in the utility room.

That menu sounds awesome, but I think I might have clogged up your plumbing another way if I ate all that... :uhoh:

How do you like me now? :devil:

Glad to hear this mess is almost behind you. B-)

Remove ads