[M&M] Buffyverse game? (OOC) [Recruiting CLOSED]

drothgery

First Post
Good points. Allright, I think I'll drop quickness and Second chance for some limited luck.

BTW, on that note: I've done it in other peoples campaigns, but do you allow using the power flaw Limitted on ranked feats? It seems it would work the same as with a 1pp/rank power (Making it cost 1pp/2ranks for a limited: -1 flaw).
What I'm thinking is Luck 4(Limited: Only usable on Magic Array)= 2pp?
That would mean i could use those 4 uses of hero points for improved re-rolls, power stunts and Increased Power as they pertains to Magic, but wouldn't give me any of the other uses of hero points... I think that's much more than half-limited.

I don't think I'm going to allow that, mostly because stunting a new combat spell every other combat or so is interesting, but doing it three or four times per combat scene would be a bit much.

Tabletop M&M resets hero points for each game session, how often do you plan on them resetting in your online game? day/scene/episode? It'd be nice to know roughly how long I have to stretch my powers out for. ;)

I think I'm going introduce a 4e-ism here and say every milestone. Which is to say every two major combat encounters (if you're facing a significant threat, it's a major encounter) or at the end of the episode.

Shalimar

First Post
Besides, as a mortal you have more in the way of luck than us demons/half demons do. You don't really need the extra especially if they are refreshing that often.

Jemal

Adventurer
Well, I think I've made all the changes that need to be made to the character, hopefully it'll be acceptable.

Besides, as a mortal you have more in the way of luck than us demons/half demons do. You don't really need the extra especially if they are refreshing that often.
Mortals don't automatically get more luck just for being mortals, Drothgery just made it so that humans CAN take the luck feat. They still have to pay for it. ;)

Also, every two 'major' combat encounters isn't exactly 'often'.. that's about once every 8 encounters in an average game (1 'major' encounter out of every 4).

Not complaining, just pointing out. :)

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
In case anyone was wondering, everyone's stats seem okay to me (though this is the first time I've run an M&M game, and I haven't really played a lot of it, so I could have missed something). So you're okay to post in the IC thread whenever.

James still needs a physical description, but that doesn't have any mechanical impact.

Shalimar

First Post
Since it really isn't reflected in my character sheet, I figure I should give the powers/abilities of a mature slyph since I don't consider Gale to be a mature slyph.

Flight (Running + leaping)

Air Control (with various power feats)

Immunity - Aging: All slyphs tend to look to be in their late teens regardless of age due to their small size and features despite living for thousands of years

Clairaudience: with enough effort slyphs can hear anything said in the open air, though it takes just about forever to find a specific conversation if they don't know where it is.

Super Senses: Sight, Smell, and Hearing are all extended, and accurate. Touch is ranged.

Does that sound ok? Its what I will be building her towards.

drothgery

First Post
Does that sound ok? Its what I will be building her towards.

Shouldn't be a problem as a goal, though I doubt I'll ever increase the PL beyond 8, so your characters will be mostly acquiring breadth (or improving existing powers/abilties up to the PL limits) rather than becoming strictly more powerful as the game goes on.

Shayuri

First Post
Seems in line with the show mythology. The characters that increased measurably in power were the ones that were noticibly lacking in it previously.

The ones that started out tough didn't really get tougher, exactly...just smarter and more experienced.

Shalimar

First Post
Its nice to not have to worry about going up in PLs. In games where your PL increases you generally have to devote 4/5ths of everything to just staying at the same relative power level.

Shayuri

First Post
Moving my questions here, so as not to clutter IC too much.

1) Does/did Taylor sense the presence of a demon when Gale was lurking around? Even if she didn't narrow down on it?

2) I think I'm familiar with James and Gavin well enough to get a feel for their relationships. I'm less sure where Taylor and Riley stand, or some of the others.

Velmont

First Post
For Riley. I would tell he has met everyone during the events that precede this episode. Riley is now aware that demons and vampire lurk in the dark of San Diego, but is not yet aware of most of the details. He would knows the other four are a team that try to control the evils of the city. He would knows that everyone have some kinds of power, would have heard the term slayer probably without knowing all the details of it. He might not be aware of the source of power of our half-demonic friends, but Riley is more pragmatic type.

If you are a demon that respect the law, he will gives you a chance... that might change over the episodes, but for now, it will be that.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases