[M&M] Buffyverse game? (OOC) [Recruiting CLOSED]

drothgery

First Post
Off-the-cuff character creation rules...

Base PL8/120 points with the following restrictions

Attributes
- normal humans cannot have any attributes above 20 (either base or via the Enhanced Ability power), or more than one attribute above 16
- slayers, half-demons, and robots can have physical stats of up to 24

Skills
- no special restrictions

Feats
- only normal humans can take Fortune feats
- minions are not allowed

Powers
- I'm not going to have many hard and fast rules, as even a normal human might want some powers, perhaps bound in a Device (weapon or armor) or to learn some Magic, but try to stay in the range of things that good guys have had on the shows (and Dark Willow is not a good guy, nor is Illyria!); Slayers typically have Regeneration
- However, these are outright banned: boost, duplication, gestalt, mimic, mind control, mind switch, nullify, nemesis, possession, power control, space travel, summon (minion), teleport, transfer, any form of time travel/temporal control (some of these have been used in the shows, granted, but I don't think I want them in any good guy's stock abilities)

Equipment
- PCs should be able to live like middle-class Americans at minimum. This game is not going to be set in NYC, so it's probably a good idea to have a car. Guns don't kill vampires (and have limitted effects on heavily armored demons) but will probably be more useful in this game than they were on the show
- Unless you're an active member of a military organization, getting military weapons will be difficult. However, with some persistance, adult PCs should have no trouble acquiring standard firearms (non-autofire weapons), even in California.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
I think I'll go with a policeman who had been running for some times on strange cases, unable to find any solution, or at least, any acceptable solution for his superiors. In a recent case, he fall on the group and team with them to stop the creature. He had to disobey an order and as he had no reasonable explanation to give to his chief for his insubordination, he was suspended for an undetermined time.

So, he will be a normal human, without superpower, but really competent and skilled. A bit clueless about the paranormal but aware of it.

If you need a reference, Sergeant Murphy in Dresden Files.

Rhun

First Post
Well, my local game store has two copies of M&M 2e, so you can most likely count me in. Hopefully, if I am spending the cash for the game, you can guarantee me a spot in it? :D

Jemal

Adventurer
Any problems with a surviving council member at home in Canada when the rest of the council got offed? I'm thinking the team's "mentor type", skilled in both technology and magic. He's moved to the states to help out in the 'power vaccum'

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Any problems with a surviving council member at home in Canada when the rest of the council got offed? I'm thinking the team's "mentor type", skilled in both technology and magic. He's moved to the states to help out in the 'power vaccum'

Sure.

If you wanted to throw in a bit of a tragic background, he might have taken one of the potentials who didn't survive the battle at the Hellmouth to Sunnydale.

Probably worth noting is there's a bit of a mini-rivalry in the council between the surviving 'old school' watchers (those who came up through the Watcher's Academy, and survived both the attacks on the potentials and the attack on the council) and the 'new school' watchers (people like Xander and Andrew, sort-of drafted from the clued-in segments of society).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases