[M&M] Buffyverse game? (OOC) [Recruiting CLOSED]

drothgery

First Post
Moving my questions here, so as not to clutter IC too much.

1) Does/did Taylor sense the presence of a demon when Gale was lurking around? Even if she didn't narrow down on it?

Yes.

2) I think I'm familiar with James and Gavin well enough to get a feel for their relationships. I'm less sure where Taylor and Riley stand, or some of the others.

If I'm reading their backgrounds right, I'd guess...

Gale - Taylor's probably seen or sensed her before, but probably hasn't put together that the vague and non-threatening demonic presense she sometimes senses is Gale.

Riley - Riley knows Taylor is suprisingly strong and fast, and has taken out vampires one on one, but knows nothing of Slayer lore, and has only recently come around to believing vampires are real. Taylor and James probably think he's the closest thing they've got to a friend with the police, but don't know how far to trust him yet.

As for the NPCs of any note...

Dawn - this isn't the first time Taylor met her, but the last time was when you were training with some of the other Slayers, between the time Faith & Robin found you and the time you moved to San Diego.

Kelly - Riley didn't know her before this case, so no one but Riley has met her before.

Vin the demon snitch (Merle's cousin) - Taylor has met him before, but they don't get along.

Shalimar

First Post
Gale has no knowledge of, or interest in Riley at the moment. She hasn't met him, and would have had no reason to interact with him so far given that Demons tend to avoid the cops to stay off the radar and that Gale doesn't really do anything against the law...aside from stalking a vampire slayer :p

Gale is not part of any team, and would only have a vague sense of Gavin, and even she and he are unlikely to have met more than once or twice. He would know she is part of the alrge family of slyphs that moved to town within the last few years.

drothgery

First Post
Dave, does Gale hear or notice anything interesting going on in the hospital?

Depends if Taylor decides to go look for Gavin, or waits for his shift to end and have him come looking for her. If she waits, it's likely she'll see Riley and Kelly leave before Gavin finds her, but that's dependent on what Riley and Gavin do. Also depends on how interesting she thinks the 'normal' events at a hospital are (and Scripps is one of the better hospitals in San Diego, so there may very well be people with interesting but mundane medical problems).

Also FYI, James is a few hours ahead of everybody else. He's around noon; the rest of you are at about 9:30 am.

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Gale is looking for interesting in the sense of 'this could be the reason taylor showed up' anything that could have been caused by something super natural.

drothgery

First Post
Gale is looking for interesting in the sense of 'this could be the reason taylor showed up' anything that could have been caused by something super natural.

She doesn't see anything right away, though both Gale and Taylor notice there is a police car parked near the hospital entrance.

jkason

First Post
Hmm... it looks like James is going to be out of action for a while, but I think the next logical thing to do (once you're done talking among yourselves) is to hook the rest of you guys up with him.

I'm not sure how to play this.

Well, if we're looking to kill time, it strikes me that there's only so long the group would let Gale follow them (especially since she sets off Taylor's demon-sense) before confronting her in some way, which one assumes would lead into integrating her. Perhaps now is the time to do that, since it wouldn't necessarily require James to do?.

jason

Shayuri

First Post
That could work, though it might be easier to convince Taylor to 'take on' another demon if James is around. :)

That said, I don't plan on being difficult about it.

We will need to see James eventually though. You could NPC him, perhaps...or maybe he's called to the Council for some reason, and they send a temp Watcher in his place?

Remove ads