(YB!) Irene vs Nikosin! Oir judging!

Knight Otu

First Post
A mist billows into the seemingly empty arena, shortly followed by a bald woman holding a billowing red staff. An observer would see that she lacks eyes and a mouth - and that despite this, she is keeping a potion bottle fastened to her belt which also holds several pouches. With some hesitation, she loosens the stopper a little, then opens one of her pouches, but does not take anything out. Instead, she opens a second pouch, and picks a handful of blue dust, then turns into a seemingly random direction, and waits for the challenger she knows will come.

Irene, the Mistwalker
Yellow Sash 1
Signature Location: Clouds
Items: Potion of Greed (1st)
Yen 1
W/L 1/1

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
A young man walks into the empty arena. A fringe of stubble covers his cheeks and chin and his hair looks a little long and wild. Nodding to the woman in silent greetings and brushes the dust of the road off his clothes as he makes ready to fight. He pulls a potion bottle out of a pocket and drinks it down quickly with a fast backward tilt of his head.

"I am ready when you are. Although I suppose we need to do the insulting as well. Here goes then..."

"I find your Emperor to be spoiled, your house to be useless, and your dog's glare to be flippant."​

Nikosin
Yellow Sash 2
Sig Style: Wolf
W/L Record: 2-0
Item: Potion of Greed (2nd one this tier)
Yen: 3

Rhun

First Post
A static charge builds in the air, raising the hair of the two challengers (mainly Nikosin's, as Irene has no hair). There is a burst of light and clap of thunder as a crackling ball of electricity appears. Sparks arc between the sphere and the ground for several seconds, and then the ball addresses the fighters, in an otherworldly voice that seems to come from far away.

"A challenge has been issued, and the first insult flung," comes the voice. "Oir shall judge this match."

Knight Otu

First Post
Finding it hard to reconcile from where she hears the judge and where she senses the position of what she suspects to be the judge, Irene nonetheless tosses the blue dust in her hand to form her insult.

I find your father to be odd, your fortress to be hellish, and your school to be dull.

Rhun

First Post
Electricity crackles as the otherworldly voice sounds. "All Emperors are spoiled, and a useless house is no house at all. But to call one's father odd and one's school dull is a telling insult..."

The sphere moves a few feet toward Irene. "Irene shall choose the type and length of this match."

A moment of silence passes, and then the voice comes again, this time booming with authority: "The ancient masters have decreed this match to take place at the village north-east of the Iron City on the morning of the fist."

Knight Otu

First Post
Irene tosses the blue dust away, forming the words "Three flag standard strategy".

1: The fang kicks with the atoll; avoids the punch of the grave!

2: The cherry blossom lies before the tundra; shields the slash of the settlement!

3: The oak appears above the shrine; quells the gaze of the mountain!

4: The trident fiercely bashes the heavens; vigorously waves away the terror of the barrens!

5: The weasel swims in the midst of the cliff; protects against the onslaught of the grass!

4: The trident fiercely bashes the heavens; vigorously waves away the terror of the barrens!​

Potion of Greed!​

She quickly jumps at Nikosin, her staff changing to a trident that she aims at her opponent's head with a single hand. At the same time, she quickly grabs into the pouch she opened earlier and scatters some black dust. That dust flows into the potion bottle, the liquid seemingly absorbed into the dust, which then billows up and through her nose.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Nikosin makes himself ready for battle as well after drinking his own potion of greed...

1: The invincible unicorn drifts through the ocean; parries the gaze of the feline!

2: The fist tracks before the volcano; defends against the rising of the sky!

3: The lightning leaps in the midst of the peaks; silences the chaos of the sky!

4: The southern cross cuts the ocean; shields against the stab of the reptile!

5: The cherry blossom leaps by the village; fends off the chaos of the grass!

1: The invincible unicorn drifts through the ocean; parries the gaze of the feline!

Nikosin holds one hand beside his head and forms his fingers into a hard pointing fist. Drifting forward, he keeps his body loose and tries to use his other arm to parry Irene's attack while shooting his fingers forward to try and stab at her with them.

Rhun

First Post
Oir crackles electrically as he rises higher, studying the fighters' moves. "Both moves had merit, by Irene's was by far the superior offense..." Oir's voice is more intense now, almost as if excited by the battle. "Flag to Irene."

Potion of Greed used by Irene: 2 yen to Irene.
Potion of Greed used by Nikosin: 2 yen to Nikosin.

One flag Irene
Two flags Neutral
Zero flags Nikosin

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Question: Since we both used Potions of Greed, shouldn't we each get our yen? And I thought it was 2 yen per round for up to four rounds?[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Question: Since we both used Potions of Greed, shouldn't we each get our yen? And I thought it was 2 yen per round for up to four rounds?[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
You are absolutely right. Somehow I missed Nikosin's use of his.

[/sblock]

Remove ads