Rhun's Greyhawk OMEGA OOC Thread (ToEE) - ATTENTION PLAYERS!

Rhun

First Post
Here is what I've been using for spell costs during play in my tabletop games, and it seems to work well thus far...

Materials cost is 25gp per page of spell.
Spell fee is 25gp per spell level.

1st level - 50 (150)
2nd level - 100 (300)
3rd level - 150 (450)
4th level - 200 (600)
5th level - 250 (750)
6th level - 300 (900)
7th level - 350 (1050)
8th level - 400 (1200)
9th level - 450 (1350)

My cost is the first column, whereas the standard 3.5 pricing is the second column (left in for reference). My costs are one third standard, basically.

renau1g

First Post
Thanks. Last question (I hope), can I add spells of a school I can't cast yet (i.e. 3rd level spells). I couldn't find anything about it.

Rhun

First Post
I am fine with that. We would just assume that your PC has been working on it, but just doesn't have the power and knowledge to cast the spell yet. Once he reaches 5th level, he figures it out and can then prepare that spell.

Rhun

First Post
nearing completion of my pc, one more question: what level are spells cast at from a wand of enlarge person?

I generally rule that all wands and such are made at the mimimum level required to cast the spell, unless otherwise noted. So a Wand of Enlarge Person would cast as a 1st level caster.

renau1g

First Post
That's what I assumed, just wanted to confirm, although the rules are fairly grey on this.

I guess that's why higher level MM wands cost more money.

Rhun

First Post
That's what I assumed, just wanted to confirm, although the rules are fairly grey on this.

I guess that's why higher level MM wands cost more money.

I seem to remember this question had come up before, and somebody had convinced me this was the right way to do it.

Voadam

Legend
Its a variable built into the wand cost formula, 750gp x level of the spell x caster level (minimum needed to cast it though).

A 750gp enlarge person wand is 1st level caster level, a 3,000 gp enlarge person wand is caster level 4.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases