Rhun's Greyhawk OMEGA OOC Thread (ToEE) - ATTENTION PLAYERS!

Voadam

Legend
I didn't dress up, I chaperoned and carried the umbrella for my five year-old son and the neighbor kids as we hiked around trick or treating.

I helped make his robot costume, I spraypainted the box gold and cut out the arm and neck holes while my wife drew the dials and details.

This was the first year I've ever encountered or even heard of homes that don't participate in halloween. I felt horrible and shocked when the kids went up to a house and the woman inside said nope, nothing, that's that. My neighbor who is originally from Pakistan had even told me he was advised when he moved in not to go to the houses that did not have their lights on. I thought he was being advised not to waste his time on homes that looked like they were empty with nobody home but it turns out it is an accepted signal here for not participating.

Everybody had a great time despite the rain and the few bad houses though.

My neighbor who is originally from Pakistan had even told me he was advised when he moved in not to go to the houses that did not have their lights on. I thought he was being advised not to waste his time on homes that looked like they were empty with nobody home but it turns out it is an accepted signal here for not participating.
Leaving one's porch light off has been the signal for non-participation in the places I've lived, which at this point in my middle-aged life is a goodly number of locations that spans multiple regions, ethnicities, and countries. I'm actually surprised you hadn't heard of this before.

Voadam

Legend
Leaving one's porch light off has been the signal for non-participation in the places I've lived, which at this point in my middle-aged life is a goodly number of locations that spans multiple regions, ethnicities, and countries. I'm actually surprised you hadn't heard of this before.

My wife was also surprised that I hadn't heard of it. Doesn't change the fact that it surprised me. :)

I'm used to everybody being into Halloween and disappointed there are not more trick or treaters. This was the first I took my son door to door around our new neighborhood. We used to just go to the large number of densely packed neighbors he knew in our old place before we moved and that would fill the night.

Rhun

First Post
I helped make his robot costume, I spraypainted the box gold and cut out the arm and neck holes while my wife drew the dials and details.

I remember the robot costume my dad made for me when I was about 7 or 8. It was awesome...he even wired up little lights and stuff on it. I loved that costume!

I thought he was being advised not to waste his time on homes that looked like they were empty with nobody home but it turns out it is an accepted signal here for not participating.

It is generally the same here. Lights off means nobody home and/or not participating. I always have candy for the kids, unless Halloween falls on a weekend...in that case, I'm out at Halloween parties.

But what I want to know is whether you wore the tight leather pants to go with it?

I tried, but sadly, I no longer fit in my leather pants. :( So I had to go with tight jeans instead.

I'm used to everybody being into Halloween and disappointed there are not more trick or treaters. This was the first I took my son door to door around our new neighborhood. We used to just go to the large number of densely packed neighbors he knew in our old place before we moved and that would fill the night.
Where is this nirvana of Halloween-ness? :) Would this be the metro DC area?

We trick or treated on campus at the seminary where my husband is a student, which is also where we live. I found it beautifully ironic that a christian campus hosted a very vibrant Halloween celebration. The trees were at their peak here in Louisville, the moon was nearly full on Halloween night, my children came home with sacks brimming with candy, and quite a few of the adults wore costumes--in addition to the 25 or so children who live here. After the costume parade and trick or treating, everyone gathered for pizza in the community center. Shannon and I offered mulled cider out of our kitchen to everyone. There was a bonfire with smores at 7 pm that night. Then, the next day, the campus chapel hosted a Dia De Los Muertos worship service.

Makes me wonder what they did over at the Baptist seminary across the street. :p

Those are excellent pics, Rhun, thanks for sharing. And now we know what you look like! I love it when EN World friends share pics, it's always so neat to find out what the person behind the screen name looks like.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases