Rhun's Greyhawk OMEGA OOC Thread (ToEE) - ATTENTION PLAYERS! - Page 24

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ignore Voadam
    I didn't dress up, I chaperoned and carried the umbrella for my five year-old son and the neighbor kids as we hiked around trick or treating.

I helped make his robot costume, I spraypainted the box gold and cut out the arm and neck holes while my wife drew the dials and details.

This was the first year I've ever encountered or even heard of homes that don't participate in halloween. I felt horrible and shocked when the kids went up to a house and the woman inside said nope, nothing, that's that. My neighbor who is originally from Pakistan had even told me he was advised when he moved in not to go to the houses that did not have their lights on. I thought he was being advised not to waste his time on homes that looked like they were empty with nobody home but it turns out it is an accepted signal here for not participating.

Everybody had a great time despite the rain and the few bad houses though.
    PBP games:

Death in Freeport IC OOC Adversaries RG Info
    Wildwood IC Old IC II OOC RG Info Old IC Monsters
    Dwarven Vengeance Monsters

ToEE Sir Merrick OOC IC Old IC
    RToEE Inquisitor Miltiades OOC IC Old IC
    Ptolus Longcoat Garn OOC
    Against the Giants Voadam IC OOC
    Pool of Radiance Kordunn IC Combat OOC Info
    Invasion of Mori Snargle fiendish troll rogue IC OOC
    Red Hand of DoomSir Conrad Cyr Tiefling Soulknife

Old Games

Lama (Lvl 13)

Ignore Rhun
    Quote Originally Posted by Voadam View Post
    Top hat, cigarette, long black curly hair. Nice and easy concept, good choice.
    And mirrored sunglasses. Gotta have those!
    - Rhun

For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ignore CanadienneBacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhun View Post
    And mirrored sunglasses. Gotta have those!
    But what I want to know is whether you wore the tight leather pants to go with it?
    Pathfinder Burnt Offerings OOC RG IC
    Pathfinder B'thuvian Demon OOC RG

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ignore CanadienneBacon
    My neighbor who is originally from Pakistan had even told me he was advised when he moved in not to go to the houses that did not have their lights on. I thought he was being advised not to waste his time on homes that looked like they were empty with nobody home but it turns out it is an accepted signal here for not participating.
    Leaving one's porch light off has been the signal for non-participation in the places I've lived, which at this point in my middle-aged life is a goodly number of locations that spans multiple regions, ethnicities, and countries. I'm actually surprised you hadn't heard of this before.

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ignore Voadam
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadienneBacon View Post
    Leaving one's porch light off has been the signal for non-participation in the places I've lived, which at this point in my middle-aged life is a goodly number of locations that spans multiple regions, ethnicities, and countries. I'm actually surprised you hadn't heard of this before.
    My wife was also surprised that I hadn't heard of it. Doesn't change the fact that it surprised me.

I'm used to everybody being into Halloween and disappointed there are not more trick or treaters. This was the first I took my son door to door around our new neighborhood. We used to just go to the large number of densely packed neighbors he knew in our old place before we moved and that would fill the night.
    PBP games:

Death in Freeport IC OOC Adversaries RG Info
    Wildwood IC Old IC II OOC RG Info Old IC Monsters
    Dwarven Vengeance Monsters

ToEE Sir Merrick OOC IC Old IC
    RToEE Inquisitor Miltiades OOC IC Old IC
    Ptolus Longcoat Garn OOC
    Against the Giants Voadam IC OOC
    Pool of Radiance Kordunn IC Combat OOC Info
    Invasion of Mori Snargle fiendish troll rogue IC OOC
    Red Hand of DoomSir Conrad Cyr Tiefling Soulknife

Old Games

Lama (Lvl 13)

Ignore Rhun
    I helped make his robot costume, I spraypainted the box gold and cut out the arm and neck holes while my wife drew the dials and details.
    I remember the robot costume my dad made for me when I was about 7 or 8. It was awesome...he even wired up little lights and stuff on it. I loved that costume!

I thought he was being advised not to waste his time on homes that looked like they were empty with nobody home but it turns out it is an accepted signal here for not participating.
    It is generally the same here. Lights off means nobody home and/or not participating. I always have candy for the kids, unless Halloween falls on a weekend...in that case, I'm out at Halloween parties.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadienneBacon View Post
    But what I want to know is whether you wore the tight leather pants to go with it?
    I tried, but sadly, I no longer fit in my leather pants. So I had to go with tight jeans instead.
    - Rhun

For every one hundred men you send us, Ten should not even be here. Eighty are nothing but targets. Nine of them are real fighters; We are lucky to have them, they the battle make. Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior. And he will bring the others back. - Heraclitus of Ephesus, 500 BC

Lama (Lvl 13)

Ignore Rhun
    Here are a couple pics, for fun:
    Last edited by Rhun; Tuesday, 15th February, 2011 at 09:44 PM.
    - Rhun

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ignore InVinoVeritas
    Very awesome pics, Rhun!

My wife and I ended up hiding at the local bookstore, but had a blast doing so.
    Living Pathfinder Judge! What's Living Pathfinder? Check it out here! Join the fun here!

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ignore CanadienneBacon
    I'm used to everybody being into Halloween and disappointed there are not more trick or treaters. This was the first I took my son door to door around our new neighborhood. We used to just go to the large number of densely packed neighbors he knew in our old place before we moved and that would fill the night.
    Where is this nirvana of Halloween-ness? Would this be the metro DC area?

We trick or treated on campus at the seminary where my husband is a student, which is also where we live. I found it beautifully ironic that a christian campus hosted a very vibrant Halloween celebration. The trees were at their peak here in Louisville, the moon was nearly full on Halloween night, my children came home with sacks brimming with candy, and quite a few of the adults wore costumes--in addition to the 25 or so children who live here. After the costume parade and trick or treating, everyone gathered for pizza in the community center. Shannon and I offered mulled cider out of our kitchen to everyone. There was a bonfire with smores at 7 pm that night. Then, the next day, the campus chapel hosted a Dia De Los Muertos worship service.

Makes me wonder what they did over at the Baptist seminary across the street.

Gallant (Lvl 3)

Ignore CanadienneBacon
    Those are excellent pics, Rhun, thanks for sharing. And now we know what you look like! I love it when EN World friends share pics, it's always so neat to find out what the person behind the screen name looks like.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast