(OT) Auroragyps Lamp Project: Update 1

AuroraGyps

First Post
Well, I've received a bunch of dice from some really nice people (you all know who you are). If you've sent dice and have not gotten an e-mail from me saying I got them, please let me know. It's gonna take more dice than what I've got to fill my lamp, but I've been looking on Ebay for deals on dice. Unfortunately funds are LOW (the 4 month, $830 bill for Cobra took a HUGE chunk out). However, I have a interview with a career conselor tomorrow, so hopefully I will be employed by the end of Oct. :D So, the project will take a bit more time than I hoped, but it's going to be so worth it. Thanks again to the great people that donated dice. And thanks for the words of encouragment too. Like I always say, "I need all the help I can get." ;)

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
AuroraGyps said:
Well, I've received a bunch of dice from some really nice people (you all know who you are). If you've sent dice and have not gotten an e-mail from me saying I got them, please let me know. It's gonna take more dice than what I've got to fill my lamp, but I've been looking on Ebay for deals on dice. Unfortunately funds are LOW (the 4 month, $830 bill for Cobra took a HUGE chunk out). However, I have a interview with a career conselor tomorrow, so hopefully I will be employed by the end of Oct. :D So, the project will take a bit more time than I hoped, but it's going to be so worth it. Thanks again to the great people that donated dice. And thanks for the words of encouragment too. Like I always say, "I need all the help I can get." ;)

Sweet, you're getting a job with COBRA? I hear that Cobra Commander offers a great benefits package. :)

Aitch Eye

First Post
I think there's someplace on the web (and in print catalogs) that has a dice by the pound deal. [edit: this has all been cleared up] Not a gaming business, just various types of odd stuff. I think it might have "science" in its name. I'm not having any luck tracking it down, maybe someone else knows what it is. I'm not sure if the dice look nice, though. I think they might be factory seconds or something.

I should get my die sent off to you by Monday, if not earlier. Sorry for the delay, and for not getting back to you. I've found that there's a weird little quirk with AOL's personal filing cabinet; when it begins to self-destruct, saved mail can end up listed in favorite websites. Unfortunately, your email was in a seldom opened folder in an insanely long list. (They should really call it the "sites bookmarked so you never have to bother actually reading through them" folder.) I was going to wait till it was actually winging its way through the postal system to contact you, but since I was in a thread right next to yours, I wanted to make clear that I hadn't just said "sure" then not bothered with it.

Last edited:

AuroraGyps

First Post
I wish it was COBRA

Sweet, you're getting a job with COBRA? I hear that Cobra Commander offers a great benefits package.

I wish it was that cool. ;) No, it's medical insurance... I'm continuing my coverage through my ex's work. It's just been a pain.

On the subject of dice, my ex said he'd go through his old ones and donate a bunch, so I'm closer to filling the lamp. :D When I get a disposable camera, I'll take pics of what I have so far.

Crothian

First Post
Re: I wish it was COBRA

AuroraGyps said:

On the subject of dice, my ex said he'd go through his old ones and donate a bunch, so I'm closer to filling the lamp. :D When I get a disposable camera, I'll take pics of what I have so far.

That's cool. I know the first few I sent you got lost in the mail*, however once I get a better way of sending them I will be sending you more.

*for those of you who don't know, she got the package I sent them in but none of the dice. They fell out through a hole. :(

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases