Proposal: Let Drivan become a staff wizard

JoeNotCharles

First Post
So, judges, how should we handle requests like this? Vote on the specific changes in this thread, or just vote yes or no on the general concept and if it passes let 2 people approve the character sheet as normal?

I'm leaning toward number 2: I doubt anyone has an objection to this in general, so it'll take no time at all to rubber-stamp it, and there's no reason for all the judges to need to scrutinize the sheet. Then we can add it to the pile like we would a level-up submission and any of the character reviewers can get a go at it.

The only problem I can see with that is then Drivan would probably have to wait until a bunch of other pending level-ups and new PHB2 characters are reviewed, and unlike levelling up, this doesn't come right after XP has been awarded. So if KenHood awards XP in the next couple of days while he's still in the queue he might miss out.

On the gripping hand, KenHood's already allowing him to use these stats in Battle Bone with the caveat that they're temporary until they're approved. So I think the best course is - we approve the general concept, after which Reklaw can submit the updated sheet whenever he feels best with a mail to l4w.judges (with the standard "L4W Character Submission" subject line). Then he can time the actual submission of the changes to whenever he feels best.

Ozymandias79

First Post
I really don't think this should be at the forum, reklaw, i think you could have e-mailed us this and we could have handled fairly quickly there IE I am ok with the do-over but not with you posting it as a proposal on the board

OZ79

JoeNotCharles

First Post
We told him to post it as a proposal! (EDIT: http://www.enworld.org/forum/living...al-retraining-new-material-4.html#post4810171, and my followup two posts later, although I wasn't a judge yet.)

I think it's important to things like this in the open, so that we're not accused of secretly favouring some players. I'm seen things like that really blow up on other boards, although we seem to be a good drama-free group here.

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
Yeah, I've got no problem having it on the boards.

As for general vs. specific... I feel pretty confident that we plan to approve a generalized version of this, but we haven't yet. And one hasn't been proposed yet. I think it's time to do something about that, but possibly not in this thread.

I'll be happy enough to approve it in this specific case if we don't get a general rule passed in a few days, though.

Reklaw

First Post
Sounds good! Will just wait for the voting to finish on the changes in other threads then. Will submit the character sheet with the changes via email once the XP has been distributed if that's fine?

Thanks!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases