CG's Keep on the Shadowfell (IC)(4e)

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
"Thank you for the assist, good sir!" the tiefling says to the bard. With the majestic word inspiring him and making him feel better, Stratagem slides away from the kobold in front of him. (Receive 9 HP in healing: [5] + 4 = 9 / slide 1 square NE)

Rather than attack the one in front of him, however, the dragonshield that had hit him and then run off has sufficiently annoyed the warlord enough to go chasing after him. Stratagem moves up and around to come in to a flanking position opposite Alain... however, his attempts at currying Warlord's Favor do not succeed. "Blast it to blue blazes!" the tiefling exclaims in frustration.

Attack w/Warlord's Favor vs DS1: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ca = 16 *miss*

Vertexx69

First Post
OOC - Adamar is only in melee range of the slinger right now, but yes, whoever activates their challenge first. At least it has an effect whether they are next to the fighter or not.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]vs Alain AC 16 (1d20+5+2=26, 4=) Minion hits Alain for 4
vs. alain AC 16 (1d20+7+2+1=19, 1d6 + 3=4) DS1 hits alain for 4, shift minor shift move
vs. alear AC 19 (1d20+7+2+1=13, 1d6 + 3=4) DS 2 misses Alear shift
vs. Adamar AC 22 (1d20+6 =20, 1d6 + 3 =8) miss adamar sihft minor move move[/sblock]
The remaining minion circles around and jabs Alain.
One of the shieldbearers completes the pincer on Alain, then shifts between Autumn and Alear.
Alear dodges the other dragonshields clumsy attack. The Dragonshield then moves next to Adamar.
The slinger backs up from Adamar who swings at him. The slinger hurls a ceramic globe at Adamar, it misses, but the globe shatters, and a small flame flares up where it landed. The slinger scampers for the trees to try to hide.

Adamar HP 30/30[15], HS 11/11[7] SW; D(19|16,12,13), AP 1;
Alain HP 26/30[15], HS 11/11[7] SW; D(16|14,13,15), AP 1; Marked DS1
Autumn HP 20/20[10], HS 6/6[5] SW; D(16:11,14,16), AP 1;
Alear HP 28/28[14], HS 9/9[7] SW; D(19|13,15,15), AP 1;
Stratagem HP 20/22[11], HS 7/7[5] SW; D(17|14,13,13), AP 1;

K1 Kobold Minion Dead
K5 Kobold Minion HP 1; D(15|11,13,11);
KS Kobold Slinger HP 13/24[12]; D(13|12,14,12);
DS1 Kobold Dragonshield HP 31/36[18]; D(18|14,13,13);
DS2 Kobold Dragonshield HP 21/36[18]; D(18|14,13,13);

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=HP Boosts] Just a reminder, anyone who hits DS1 before my turn (I'll wait a bit to post) gets 4 temp hp (warsong strike), and whoever first bloodies or drops someone this turn can get 5 temp hp and gets a +2 bonus to your next damage roll (virtue of valor)[/sblock]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
[sblock=snarky DM rules call]
[sblock=HP Boosts] Just a reminder, anyone who hits DS1 before my turn (I'll wait a bit to post) gets 4 temp hp (warsong strike),[/sblock]

SURVEY SAYS?! BZZZZT! X

No, running All at once initiative is a dance. It is assumed to be accomplished through delaying. When you delay, all the effects that end on your turn end at the point you delay from. I assume the posting order from the previous round is the initiative order. Adamar, and Adamar only, has not already used his chance for Warsong Strike.

You can't gain time on effects by waiting.[/sblock]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
OOC - So does Adamar get an OA on the slinger when it moves away from him since its marked?
Whoops, my bad. You don't get an OA, he shifted away, then moved away. You do get a Combat Challenge immediate interrupt though, I forgot about that. feel free to take the swing retroactively[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=snarky DM rules call]

SURVEY SAYS?! BZZZZT! X

No, running All at once initiative is a dance. It is assumed to be accomplished through delaying. When you delay, all the effects that end on your turn end at the point you delay from. I assume the posting order from the previous round is the initiative order. Adamar, and Adamar only, has not already used his chance for Warsong Strike.

You can't gain time on effects by waiting.[/sblock]
[sblock=Clarification] So whenever I act, everyone gets one round worth of use of my 'till the end of your next turn' boosts, either this turn if they post after me or next turn if they posted before I did? Would this mean that even if I posted before Vertexx this round, Adamar would still get the benefit of Warsong Strike, or do we have to carefully monitor posting order to maximize the usefulness of such buffs?
I guess I was figuring it would be easiest to just count such things as taking effect at the end of the PCs actions, so applying for the full next round. Not that it sounded that way in my earlier post. Sorry 'bout that.[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
II on slinger - 1d20+8=10 so he gets away. :eek:

Adamar HP 30/30, AC: 19, Fort: 6 Reflex: 2 Will: 3

The fighter swings into the critter that stepped up to him. (Tide of Iron: 1d20+8=9, 1d10+4=10) but is completely retarded...

OOC - thats a 2 or less on 3 d20 rolls in a row.

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
[sblock=redclaw has improved my system]
I guess I was figuring it would be easiest to just count such things as taking effect at the end of the PCs actions, so applying for the full next round. Not that it sounded that way in my earlier post. Sorry 'bout that.
GENIUS!!! That's the whole I was never happy with!! I'll post my interpretation soon. We'll continue playing this combat by ear.[/sblock]

[sblock=Vertexx]Did you change your post due the Combat Challenge/Superiority confusion? Took me 3 months to figure that one out for good. Let me know if you don't get it.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases