Question about 3.x skills.

Flobby

Explorer
What skill would apply if a character were to try to smuggle something in a wagon or ship? In other words to hide something. Hide? Sleight of Hand?

What skill would apply if a character were to try to smuggle something in a wagon or ship? In other words to hide something. Hide? Sleight of Hand?
You might get a faster answer in the D&D 3.5 Rules forum instead of General RPG Rules...

I think you could use either - have the player pick the higher skill. Though maybe if the item is large (nothing that you could usually fit on your body), Hide seems more appropriate.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
if I may go ahuead and answer here:

I think hid is hiding yoour self, where slight of hand is the ability to hid something. I have had the slight of hand skill used to hide a dagger, whhynot slight of hand to hide a stolan gem in a wagon?

GlassJaw

Hero
I'd even allow a PC to Take 20 on an Int check to do something like that. Heck, I might even allow them to use Search.

Sleight of Hand doesn't make sense to me. Knowing the best place to hide something has nothing to do with how agile your hands are.

Rhun

First Post
I would probably let the player use hide. If he can hide himself, he should know how to hide other things too.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I would probably let the player use hide. If he can hide himself, he should know how to hide other things too.

I like that. I would probably make it an opposed check, the ship captain's Hide vs. an authority's Search. I'd even give the ship captain a +2 Synergy bonus if he or she has ranks in Bluff.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Aquick point: the opposed skill to hide is spot. just wanted to throw in my last two coppers here.

aboyd

Explorer
The Camouflage feat is what supposedly allows someone to hide big objects. However, even the feat itself knows it is stupid to need a feat for this, so it says that the DM may optionally allow this mechanism for everyone. I do. Sounds like you probably would, too.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases