Off To War... Recriutment/Discussion

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The Treylor Empire is set to invade The Five Kingdoms of Borlim. The Great King of Borlim has sent out word to all the lesser kings to prepare for war. They in turn have sent word to their lords of the lands, all of the kingdoms brace for war.

The PC's will be part of a larger group setting out to join the army of the Great King. This way other player's can join or a player can run another character if they wish to play someone else. These characters are just people that were in the large encampment or whom you meet travelling.

There will be plenty of side adventures on the way to confront the Treylor.

Let me post this I'll add details in the thread.

Threads:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/plots-places/258310-five-kingdoms.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rogues-gallery/257898-rg-off-war.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/d-d-legacy-house-rules/258313-off-war-houserules.html
http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/258495-off-war-ic.html

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Details

About me: I live in Maryland and have been playing D&D for (OMG!!) 25 yrs
has it been that long wow. I can post/check in everyday and am looking to add some great stories to those I already tell about my old PCs.

About the game: Will use D&D 3.5 rules PhB, DmG, and MM only to start. The game will be open to all noone will be turned away what I want to do is have like a campfire setting PC's sitting around talking then as a group forms I'll run a mission/adventure. Leftover Pc's or late comers will be on patrol/guard duty till mission is over or I'll run a related adventure or they could join up to replace characters who die or drop out.

Theroc

First Post
I can work on a character concept, but I need to doublecheck on a source with you. I use The Hypertext d20 SRD (v3.5 d20 System Reference Document) :: d20srd.org for my PHB and DMG, but there are items in there that are not included in those sources. (I am not clear on which things are and aren't. I know the Psionics weren't in it though.)

So, if I have whacky looking things on my character, just lemme know that those aren't in your sources.

Edit:
Couple questions:
Starting levels/wealth etc...?

And do you have any houserules we should make note of?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Details II

Characters:

1. I hate to do this but just to start everyone will have to be human since the Five Kingdoms are all human. As the group marches across the land they may be joined by other races as the move close to the dwarven mountains or elven forest.

2. Looking for character concepts more than stats and equipment at first (because I'm still debating on generation). I think everyone will need a trade or profession, now this doesn't mean you have to take ranks in Craft or Profession (but they won't hurt). Just want to know what the character was doing before being drafted off to war.

3. To help with concepts will let everyone know that The Five Kingdoms are just that five seperate kingdoms with a king each. They all have lesser lords of the land and the whole country is ruled by an Overking or Great King.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Good Questions

Character Generation :

So far I have this-

Starting lvl 1- The PC's are commoners/tradesmen not yet in the lords upper circle but through their exploits they may come to join or lead note:I am going to use a special system to reward xp based on roleplay posts, completed missions, and real time passed (as per LEW- Ilike that rule) So moving up levels will be faster than usually pbp.

Generation:
1.Abilities- 35pts to buy abilities as per DmG pg 169 (The high points is two fold;1- Humans get know ability adjustment so this helps alittle and 2- the PC's will need to stand out in a crowd)
2.Class-Any
3.Race-Human (again sorry)
4.Skills- houserule please add 2pts to the base of the class you have chosen (i.e. Wizards base skill pts=4, Rogue base skill pts=10)
5.Feat- In addition to human bonus feat all players may select one +2/+2 feat for their charater (otherwise those feats will never be used and again the PC's need to stand out)
6.Equipment-Starting gold will be limited to the average listed for your class(pg 111 PhB). As the characters will be feed and provided for as they travel and when they are sent out on a mission they might recieve equipment from the quartermaster. houserule any character with ranks in Craft or Profession may make a skill check after starting gold is spent and then add that money to there leftover cash.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
It's up to you how you've "joined" the encampment, is your character a warrior who eagerly signed on or do you have a skill that will be useful to the upcoming campaign and were "drafted for the greater good", are you fleeing someone, seeking your fortune after years of work as a poor laborer, this is D&D it is limitless:lol:

A+2/+2 feat is one that gives you a +2 to two different skills:

Nimble Fingers- +2 Disable Device and Open Lock checks
Investigator- +2 Gather Information and search checks

Have fun making a new character!

Rhun

First Post
I might be interested in playing a ranger (archer) type...perhaps a huntsman, pressed into service. I don't know anything about the Five Kingdoms, though.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Background Info

Here are some names of key people and places that are common knowledge.

The Great King of Brolim lives in the City of Siere, located at the heart of The Five Kingdoms it is a free city that has five gates each leading to the lands and holds of the other kingdoms.

The Five Kingdoms are:
1.Fanshaw- located out the south gate of Siere the people of Fanshaw are traders. They have coastal towns and are great merchants and sailors.
2.Norden- located out of the west gate of Siere the people of Norden are miners almost the entire kingdom can be found in the Goldhill Mountains.
3.Pesh (PC homeland)- located out of the northwest gate of Siere is mostly farmland in the Valley of Pesh with grazelands to the east and the Kingdom of Norden bordering on the south and east. the mountains extending around and to the north are inhabited by monsters kept at bay by the elven wood that makes Pesh's northern border.
4.Kurkland- located out of the northeast gate Kurkland is the largest kingdom of the five. They deal in horses and hops the wide open land suitable for both.
5.Reygur- located out of the east door of Siere this is the smallest of all the kingdoms and barely holds the name most of it's land to the south is swamp and most Reygurians don't do what is called honest work but those that do deal in dyes, inks, herbs, and whatever else they can harvest from the swamp.

Hope this helps alittle

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I might be interested in playing a ranger (archer) type...perhaps a huntsman, pressed into service. I don't know anything about the Five Kingdoms, though.

Welcome aboard Ranger Rhun

This is a homegrown campaign I have been working on...oh about 8 hours now I just posted all the Five Kingdoms info a commoner of the land would know you'll need to take Knowledge skills to learn more (and I'll have to think up somemore too).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases