Off To War... Recriutment/Discussion

Rathan

First Post
I meant by the 1st, 3rd, and 5th as in I gain bonus feats at 1st, 3rd, and 5th levels by giving up the spell casting of the paladin class for bonus feats at those three levels....

I REALLY like the turning variant you just listed so if I can KEEP the turning part of my character.... but give up just spellcasting for those three feats I'd be VERY happy :)

Theroc

First Post
What I have worked up (not much) really my gladiator was a fighter that

Lost- heavy armor for perform/tumble (monk has both)
and limited his weapons that's it. It was just a stlye of fighter and since he'd have access to weapons from all over he have different weapon choices chosen by the player based on what fighting stlye they want to play. I had a question for you are you a oriental, indie, or someother type of monk. Oh and Perform(mock combat) been looking at shaolin monks on youtube very kool. And I'm working on fighting circle rules.

I'm not sure really, it depends on your homebrew world if it has a monastic order which focuses on martial prowess.

Really, this character's motivation is collecting large sums of money to help his family out. In other words, he's gone to seek his fortunes to give to his poor family. Figuring he goes off and works for the kingdoms, chances are they'd pay decently if he got sufficiently skilled.

One of the reasons I wanted to mix a fighter-type class in was to level it enough to qualify (eventually) for the weapon specialization feats.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I meant by the 1st, 3rd, and 5th as in I gain bonus feats at 1st, 3rd, and 5th levels by giving up the spell casting of the paladin class for bonus feats at those three levels....

I REALLY like the turning variant you just listed so if I can KEEP the turning part of my character.... but give up just spellcasting for those three feats I'd be VERY happy :)

get the feats before the spell casting (if i had a finger icon to shake at you i would) ah..ah..ah.. shake shake shake check edit page two of this thread which i kept refreshing waiting to see responses lol

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I'm not sure really, it depends on your homebrew world if it has a monastic order which focuses on martial prowess.

Really, this character's motivation is collecting large sums of money to help his family out. In other words, he's gone to seek his fortunes to give to his poor family. Figuring he goes off and works for the kingdoms, chances are they'd pay decently if he got sufficiently skilled.

One of the reasons I wanted to mix a fighter-type class in was to level it enough to qualify (eventually) for the weapon specialization feats.

"Together, the Dungeon Master and the players make the game come alive." -quote PHB pg4

Truer words never spoken. Together you and I will make this homebrewed campaign come alive.

Rathan

First Post
no no HolyMan.. these feats would be in replacement of spell casting all together for the paladin..... the feats will do me more good at lower levels as I can have a more well rounded character... My character would never get the ability to cast at all.... in place of this I wanted 3 feats one at 1st, 3rd, and 5th in place of it..... is this not suitable for you?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Now lets get started

You have a ton of questions to answer before you pick your first feat or spend your first skill point.

1.What was your trade/profession before the war started?
2.Not a monstary style monk is o.k. self taught to defend yourself how? why? watched circle fight,picked on by bullies, looking for motives to fight we know your good at it just how did it come about
3.From a monsatary? oriental monks in exile The Treylor Empire has conquered others you could be refugees from some far off place.
4.You have a family is it wife and kids or are your parents and siblings still at home?

And this is a scratch ask anything you want WE will get this done.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
no no HolyMan.. these feats would be in replacement of spell casting all together for the paladin..... the feats will do me more good at lower levels as I can have a more well rounded character... My character would never get the ability to cast at all.... in place of this I wanted 3 feats one at 1st, 3rd, and 5th in place of it..... is this not suitable for you?

If you want the feats at start it would be fair to play fighter/paladin what happens if you want a prestige class or at 6th lvl you did want to take a level of fighter(wanting to get weapon specialization) then you only gave up 2 spells for 3 feats??

get the feats as you give up the spells

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
so is there any way to get an extra feat at first level... I mean the paladin is REALLY lacking in feats you can actually CHOOSE rather than the normal progression of feats from level and not class.... I really would like a 3rd feat at first level and I'm trying to find a fair way to do it..... any ideas HolyMan?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Really as I look over the paladin class without the spell casting why would you need to progress past lvl 10?? As a knight Weapon Specialization would be very useful. smite and lay on hands are the only things that rely on paladin lvl let's keep working on this

So far I think multi-fighter and lose the feats you already get for new class skills and some limited feats

Theroc

First Post
You have a ton of questions to answer before you pick your first feat or spend your first skill point.

1.What was your trade/profession before the war started?
2.Not a monstary style monk is o.k. self taught to defend yourself how? why? watched circle fight,picked on by bullies, looking for motives to fight we know your good at it just how did it come about
3.From a monsatary? oriental monks in exile The Treylor Empire has conquered others you could be refugees from some far off place.
4.You have a family is it wife and kids or are your parents and siblings still at home?

And this is a scratch ask anything you want WE will get this done.

1. Was thinking a basic 'farmer's boy' having struck out on his own to help his poor parents& siblings, perhaps one being chronically ill, hence his desperation enough to leave the farm.
2. If I go non-Monastery, what of the Lawful requirement? (Just wondering as that particular restriction never sat well with me. I always thought neutrality was more a monk's thing). If I went this route, he'd most probably have watched circle fights, and practiced the manuevers based on what he saw until he entered them to earn coin.
3. I could do this as well, but I was leaning more towards a younger boy learning these techniques in a desire to quickly acquire wealth... so the non-monastery option seems more fitting.
4. Young man striking out to help his parents and siblings rise from their impoverished state.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases