Adventure: Fire and Ice

Don Incognito

First Post
Hadrak sears the fire-creature with divine light (hit!).

Ninjas! Round 2

One of the ninjas runs across the skiff and lands in front of Kabuto, stylishly throwing a shuriken at Skalisss as he lands. The throwing star bounces harmlessly off of the paladin's plate armor (move to H6, miss).

Scowling, the ninja mage Kabuto claps his hands sharply. As he does so, the ninjas dissapear in a puff of smoke, only to reappear a moment later looking more invigorated (Kabuto uses a minor action to use Kawarimi no Jutsu, which lets his allies each shift one square. Most of the ninjas don't move, but Sakazaki shifts to I9 and Garcia shifts to H9. In addition, each ninja gains 5 temp HP). He then runs down to the edge of the dock (move to G9).

Map

INITATIVE:
Ninja H6 (5 temp hp): 23
Ninja L5: 22
Kabuto (Kawarimi no Jutsu expended): 20
Nerdytender: 15<<Your Turn!
Ninja H8 (5 temp hp): 15
Sakazaki (5 temp hp) and Garcia (5 temp hp): 14
Skalisss : 13
Ryryguy: right here
Fire (13 damage): 5
Ninja C9 (5 temp hp): 5
Kalidrev: 5
Ice: 4
Mal Malenkirk: 2

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
Beneath his relatively calm Half-Orc exterior, Dorn begins to panic a bit.

Did I just...

Dorn had never killed anyone. Hell, he'd barely managed to kill any animals. And yet his raw, naked power had just ended a life. An evildoer, he had no doubt about that, but a life nonetheless.

Distracted, Dorn raises his hands again, but nothing more than a hollow echo of a thunderclap (or was that a fart?) can be heard, and the only thing damaged is Dorn's pride.

OOC: Chaos Bolt misses, Dorn gets +1 AC from rolling even on first attack roll

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 1
Passive Perception 9, Passive Insight 9
AC 14, Fort 11, Reflex 14, Will 16 (base defenses)
HP 22/22, Bloodied 11 Surge Value 5, Surges 6/6
Speed 6, Initiative +4
Action Points: 1

Current Effects
Wild Soul: Thunder (resist 5, ignore 5 resistance)
+1 AC until start of next turn

Encounter Resources
Bedeviling Burst
Furious Assault
Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Chromatic Orb
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Ick... we'll see what the idiot twins do, but I'm definitely thinking to use my fire daily against Ice, hopefully take it out and avoid being overwhelmed... unless anyone wants to convince me otherwise. :)[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Well, my general position is when you have only one daily, you never blow it on the first fight unless you are facing an humiliating defeat.

That being said, you got a point about the possibility that Ice cube is vulnerable to fire, making it worth your while. But then my position on using a single target daily is try not to use it unless you have a bonus to hit. So if you are intent on using it, see if you can wrangle some +2 to hit from flanking or some other source. Normally, the 'other source' would be me but I'm not available...
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I would use divine fortune, but that's only a +1. But good point, I should try to get a flanking opportunity if at all possible.

As far as not using it on the first fight... Who says the first fight won't be the toughest? Isn't that metagaming? ;) But I know what you mean though... well, I'll make up my mind when my turn actually arrives. :)[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
One of the ninjas stays where he is, surveying the battlefield and trying to come up with the best strategy (he delays his turn).

The monk in white, Sakazaki, doesn't move as much as he rolls. The strange man crouches down and does a quick somersault as he tumbles to his feet. Even stranger, once he is upright he crouches down and rolls again. It makes one wonder why he didn't just keep rolling. His partner Garcia follows suit (Sakazaki shifts to J9, then ninja shifts to K9. Garcia shifts to I9, then ninja shifts to J9).

Sakazaki lets out a strange battle cry ("Shoryuken!") as he tries to hit Skalisss with an uppercut. His hands are glow white and leave streaks in the air as they fly harmlessly past Skalisss, who easily dodges the attack. Undaunted, Garcia lets out a strange battle cry of his own ("Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku!") and unleashes a spinning kick as his feet alight with fire. Somehow, he works his way past Skalisss' defenses and the blow lands (Sakazaki misses, Garcia hits. Skalisss takes 9 fire damage and is marked by Garcia).

Map

INITATIVE:
Ninja H6 (5 temp hp): 23
Ninja L5: 22
Kabuto (Kawarimi no Jutsu expended): 20
Nerdytender: 15
Ninja H8 (5 temp hp): 15
Sakazaki (5 temp hp) and Garcia (5 temp hp): 14
Skalisss(marked by Garcia): 13<<Your Turn!
Ryryguy: right here
Fire (13 damage): 5
Ninja C9 (5 temp hp): 5
Kalidrev: 5
Ice: 4
Mal Malenkirk: 2

JRYoung

First Post
Skalisss retaliates on the ninja that struck him, and tries to protect Ingot from the blows of the Ice creature. "Take the Ice beast down firssst my friendsss".

[SBLOCK=Actions]
Standard Action: Valiant Strike vs Garcia; attk & damage (1d20+11=13, 1d8+4=9)

Minor Action: Divine Challenge on the Blue Ice creature.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Mini Stat Block]
Skalisss - Male Dragonborn Paladin 2
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18
AC:22, Fort:16, Reflex:14, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP 24/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 9, Surges left 11/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Valiant Strike
Bolstering Strike

Piercing Smite
Paladin's Judgement
Dragon Breath
Lay on Hands x2
Healing Word
Sacred Circle

Divine Challenge
Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength USED
Healing Surge from Dwarven Plate Armor
[/SBLOCK]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm confused... Skalisss, weren't you hit earlier? I thought you were more badly injured and would need healing after this latest hit. Did something get retconned?

I guess I'll just go ahead and use Righteous Brand on the ice ball, if you're planning to attack it next round.

(If I totally missed something and you actually do need healing, hopefully Don will allow me to retroactively give you a Healing Word.)
[/sblock]

Ingot's jaw clicks open when Rigas' punch demolishes the warehouse. It stares at the wreckage in shock for a moment, then shouts after the retreating ninja. "Rigas! You won't get away with this! We'll drag you back to clean up this... horrible mess!"

The warforged's attention is drawn back to the battle by the icy tendril that frosts its chestplate. Nodding to the paladin, it swings its fullblade at the ice ball. Vulkar, show my ally where to strike...

[sblock=Actions]+7 vs AC = 16 to hit... it's gonna be close?

If it hits, 12 damage, plus Skalisss gets a +4 power bonus on melee attacks against the creature until the end of Ingot's next turn.[/sblock]
Ingot's blade slices into the elemental spraying chips of ice into the night. A hazy, faintly glowing hammer shape appears, floating just above the creature, marking a target for the paladin to strike.

[sblock=Ingot stat block]Ingot- Neuter Warforged Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP:23/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Initiative -1
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Sacred Flame, Righteous Brand, Healing Word (x2), Healing Strike, Avenging Flame, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune/Turn Undead), Warforged Resolve
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases