Adventure: Fire and Ice

Don Incognito

First Post
Hadrak's divine fumes sear the mage Kabuto's lungs (hit!)

NINJAS: Round 3

Kabuto begins to dash toward the other alley, but as he does so, he impales his left foot on one of the spikes protruding from the docks. Cursing solftly, he limps over to Skalisss before clapping his hands and summoning an ornate staff. The wooden staff has the words "KABUTO", in all capital letters, engraved on its side. The engravings were then filled with bronze, so that the overall smothness of the surface is maintained. Each end of the staff is capped with a tiny ornamental trident, too small to be used as an effective weapon (move to I9, taking 10 damage in the process; 5 from starting at E9, 5 from moving through F9).

He points the vicious-looking staff at into the alley, and a blast of fire and flame erupts from the tip, engulfing the adventurers. Kabuto then sniggers and vanishes in a puff of smoke, appearing a moment later nearby (Kabuto uses Dragon Blast on everyone in alley #2, and all ya'll are hit. Skalisss takes 15, Ingot takes 13, and Dorn takes 9. Damage is all fire and ice).

Map

INITATIVE:
Ninja H9: 23
Ninja L5: 22
Kabuto (21 damage, Kawarimi no Jutsu expended, Dragon Blast expended): 20
Nerdytender: 15<<Your Turn!
Ninja J9 : 15
Sakazaki (5 temp hp) and Garcia (5 temp hp): 14
Skalisss(marked by Garcia): 13
Ryryguy: right here
Fire (42 damage, marked by Crag, bloodied): 5
Ninja H6 (5 temp hp): 5
Kalidrev: 5
Ice (37 damage, DC by Skalisss, bloodied): 4
Mal Malenkirk: 2

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Don I.] Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't area affects have multiple attack rolls and only 1 damage roll, not one attack roll and multiple damage rolls?[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn raises his hands, eager to redeem himself, but again he cannot manage to summon his usual fire (OOC: Burning spray misses all three targets. Egads.)

"No, no," Dorn says, attempting to overcome his fear with bravado.

"Let's try it THIS WAY" he thunders. This time fire erupts from his fingertips, engulfing the ice creature and garcia (OOC: Action point - same attack - 16 fire damage per target (max - yes!), hits ice reflex 17, garcia reflex 15, and sazaki reflex 11 (miss i assume). If garcia hit, does extra 3 damage from furious assault).

"That's more like it," Dorn says smugly.

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 1
Passive Perception 9, Passive Insight 9
AC 14, Fort 11, Reflex 14, Will 16 (base defenses)
HP 13/22, Bloodied 11 Surge Value 5, Surges 6/6
Speed 6, Initiative +4
Action Points: 0

Current Effects
Wild Soul: Thunder (resist 5, ignore 5 resistance)

Encounter Resources
Bedeviling Burst
USED Furious Assault
Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
USED Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Chromatic Orb
[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]New attack rolls. 19, 22, 26. Ya'll are all hit anyway, and because I'm a stinker, I'm just using the first damage roll. So Ingot and Dorn take 15 instead of 13 or 9.

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU QUESTION THE WHIMS OF THE DUNGEON MASTER. LET THIS SERVE AS A FUTURE WARNING THAT MY WILL IS LAW.

lol[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn staggers backwards from the force of Kabuto's attack, drawing on what reserves of endurance he has left to see the battle through (OOC: Dorn is bloodied with 7 hp, but gets 5 tmp hp from half-orc resilience)

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]

Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 1
Passive Perception 9, Passive Insight 9
AC 14, Fort 11, Reflex 14, Will 16 (base defenses)
HP 7/22, 5 tmp hp Bloodied 11 Surge Value 5, Surges 6/6
Speed 6, Initiative +4
Action Points: 0

Current Effects
Wild Soul: Thunder (resist 5, ignore 5 resistance)
Bloodied

Encounter Resources
Bedeviling Burst
USED Furious Assault
USED Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
USED Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Chromatic Orb
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Ick!

Healing strike definitely in the near future I think!

Don, did Ice go down at least from Dorn's attack? <prays>[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=OOPS!] Kalidrev humbly begs forgiveness to Skalisss, Ingot, and Dorn! I have a huge OCD problem when it comes to rules (i.e. I'm a rules lawyer). I apologize for the extra damage y'all took. I was hoping the re-rolls would garner a few misses. SORRY!!![/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
[sblock=No apology necessary]
Better to get it right. If you hadn't said something I would have, anyways.
Sometimes it helps, sometimes it hurts. It should all average out in the end...
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases