Adventure: Fire and Ice

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=BOOOO!!!]
I figured they'd do something like that. Oh well.

Also, BOOOO on ENWorld for being slow and not posting my reply the first time I tried. (Luckily I had it cut and pasted.)

So Ingot can no longer continue to move, even though it still has 3 movement left? If further movement is still possible, I'd just continue the action from before, continuing to move to L11, healing strike on garcia, etc. Since Ingot will be hanging way out on a limb about to be flanked, I would also use my action point for a Second Wind. (I just edited out my actions and rolls from the previous post but I'll put them back in if this is possible.)

Assuming not... and also assuming I should just reroll my Healing Word, etc... here are my new actions and new rolls:

Minor action:Healing Word for Skalisss (1d6+3=7) (same as before, imagine that!)
Free action: Divine Fortune for +1 to next attack roll before end of next turn
Standard action: Ready action, Healing Strike against the first ninja to move adjacent; healing goes to Dorn if it hits. (Should I roll for this readied attack in advance?)

[/sblock]

Ingot grimaces as the ninjas poof away out of its reach. It prays to Vulkar to heal Skaliss, as it grips its blade and waits for one of the ninjas to come back into range.

[sblock=Ingot stat block]Ingot- Neuter Warforged Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP:19/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:8/9
Initiative -1
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Sacred Flame, Righteous Brand, Healing Word (x1), Healing Strike, Avenging Flame, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune/Turn Undead), Warforged Resolve
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=le sigh] If this keeps on the way it has been, between Enworld and missing DM's, we're going to earn two months worth of XP before we even finish the first encounter!!!! [/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=I am still here]I haven't gotten to post an action in, oh, over two weeks, but I am still keeping an eye on the thread.

Not to tout my own horn, but the way I run things on Zombie and Crooks (no fixed initiative and disclosed monster stats) is much faster. We completed a whole fight in just one week.

Of course, with the current state of EN world, we have now dragged down to a crawl too.
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Mal]
Having no fixed initiative sounds awesome, but I'm kinda biased with my awesome +0 init, lol. My only problem with that idea is for those who take feats like Improved Initiative. Isn't that really hurting those who have high initiative? [/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Kalidrev]Winning initiative only matters on round one; will you act before or after the bad guys?

After that, it doesn't matter. When I say no fixed initiative I only mean that all the bad guys go at the same time and then the heroes all act in whatever order the players happen to post.

So it looks like that:

1 - The players who rolled better initiative than the bad guys act first (in whatever order)
2 - The bad guys all act on the same intiative count
3 - All the player act (in whatever order)
4 - The bad guys act again
and so on

Trust me, it's a LOT faster. It's quite possible to complete a round in one day when everyone post once a day. Once, I completed a fight in four days but that is excessive in my opinion; one round per two day is more reasonable, easy to do (when the site works normally) and much faster than any PbP game that sticks to a standard initiative.
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Mal]Don't want to hijack our adventure thread here... but I did wonder one thing about your method, Mal. You have all the monsters acting on one initiative. If you have different types of monsters with different initiative modifiers, how do you handle that? They all act at the fastest or slowest? Or average it?[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Ata] Any luck contacting Don? It's been 11 days since his last post here, anything more recent in your game? Is there any kind of standard time-frame for when a Judge or other DM takes over the game? 11 days is less than 2 weeks time, and this is PBP, but I would think we would hear something at least once a week. Am I wrong in wanting that much? [/sblock]

Remove ads