Adventure: Fire and Ice

Kalidrev

First Post
Having finally defeated the fire elemental, Terra sends her blessings upon Crag in the form of a thin sheet of rock that covers his body, flowing from the paved path beneath him. Crag sees the mage stepping into view of the alley's entrance, but is too late in moving to the side before the orb of dual energies collies with him. The heat of the blast has a hard time eating through the earthen protection that Terra has provided for crag, but the underlying cold manages to bypass his defenses and makes his plating brittle. Crags own movements damages the brittle plate and flakes of metal and stone fall from his body.

"I'm coming for you mage! Your unnatural magics will cease this day!"

[sblock=Stat Block]
Crag, Warforged Warden 1
Passive Perception: 15
Passive Insight: 10
AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 12
HP: 25/42 Bloodied: 21 S.Value: 10 Surges: 13/14
Speed: 6, Initiative +0
Action Point: USED Second Wind: Not used

Current Conditions: Bloodied

Powers:

Warden's Fury, Warden's Grasp, Strength of Stone, Thorn Strike
Earth Spikes, Warforged Resolve
Form of the Willow Sentinel

[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
With newfound boldness (fortified, no doubt, from the gradually decreasing number of enemies on the battlefield), Dorn steps past his allies to face off with Kabuto, hopping over the water at the edge of the pier.

"You want to see some fire? I'll show you some FIRE!" Dorn shouts. He raises his hands, and for the third time a blast of flame flows forth, bathing the ninja and Kabuto in crimson. The flames easily overwhelm the ninja, his flaming corpse falling into the water, bobbing face down. Kabuto does his best to dodge the incoming attack, but finds no escape from the flames all around him. "AAAUUUUGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!" he cries, a mix of pain and anger as he falls over on the pier, flames still licking hungrily around him.

At the sight of their fallen leader, the duo look to each other.

"So, what do we do? I mean, they killed the boss?" Sakazaki asks Garcia

"What do you mean what do we do? Do I always have to think for you?" Garcia replies

"Well, no idiot, it's just if they took out Kabuto why do we fight them?" Sakazaki says, the banter continuing

"Listen, it's what we do, we fight, unless you want to go have a cup of tea with them and change your name to Chun-Li, then let's go" Garcia fires back

"Hey! Alright, fine, I was just sayin'" Sakazaki answers as they turn back towards the enemies in front of them.

Sakazaki moves next to Ingot, but this is just what the warforged was waiting for and his weapon falls on the ninja. This blow inspires one of his allies to renew their efforts. This, however, is not enough to stop the foe. He waits for a moment as Garcia moves into position and the duo yell out "Shōryū-ken!" in unison as they crouch briefly then fly into the air, catching the cleric with a flaming/frost covered uppercut, before landing back down. The nod to each other at their magnificience.

[sblock=OOC]

Kabuto and the ninja bite the dust... nice rolls nerdy. Only two enemies left (with everyone going before them feel free to post in whatever order you'd like)

ryryguy - who gets the healing?

Ken/Ryu attack on Ingot.
vs ac; damage (1d20+10=29, 1d6+3=5, 1d20+10=27, 1d6+3=4) - :eek: a 19 and 17 on attacks rolls. Ingot takes 9 damage and is marked by Garcia.

INITIATIVE:
Ninja H9: 23
Ninja L5: 22
Kabuto :20
Dorn: 15
Ninja J9 : 15
Sakazaki (5 temp hp) and Garcia (14 damage): 14
Skalisss: 13 <- Your up
Ingot(marked by Garcia)
Fire : 5
Ninja H6 (5 temp hp): 5
Crag: 5
Ice: 4
Hadrak: 2
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Healing]Jeez, it's been a while since that healing strike was queued up. :) I'm pretty sure the healing was originally intended for Dorn... but is he still in range and line of effect after his move?

What are Skalisss's hit points now?

If all else fails, Ingot can use it on itself. (Before the damage from the ninja combo attack, of course.)

Whoever gets it, the healing is surge value + 3.[/sblock]

[sblock=Turn Order]I'm a little confused about where Ingot goes in the turn order after the readied actin gets triggered. Since there are only the two foes left, as you mentioned it doesn't really matter. But if it did matter, where would Ingot go? Immediately before the two ninjas?[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Ingot's Turn]
From my understanding of the battle, correct me if I'm wrong, but Ingot's action last turn was to ready the Healing Strike. The trigger for that attack goes off (enemy moves next to you). This doesn't change your init, so first up is Skalisss, then it is Ingot.
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
[sblock=Healing Strike accounting]
Dorn already claimed the healing from healing strike on page six, so we are all good now I think.
[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
His ally flanked by the ninja twins, Skalisss calls out a challenge to one of his attackers: "Face me or feel the wrath of Netari!"

Minor Action: Divine Challenge on Sakazaki

Move Action: Shift to K9

Standard Action: Paladin's Judgement against Sakazaki, vs AC, includes flank w/ Ingot, attk and damage (1d20+10=15, 3d8+4=14)
Hit or miss one ally within 5 squares can spend a healing surge, that would be Ingot.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stat Block]
Skalisss - Male Dragonborn Paladin 2
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18
AC:22, Fort:16, Reflex:14, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP 26/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 9, Surges left 9/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Conditions:
Powers -
Valiant Strike
Bolstering Strike

Divine Challenge
Piercing Smite USED
Dragon Breath USED
Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle USED
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength USED
Paladin's Judgement USED
Lay on Hands x2 1 USED
Healing Word USED
Sacred Circle
Healing Surge from Dwarven Plate Armor USED
[/SBLOCK]

ryryguy

First Post
Ingot is battered by the ninja twins' blows but remains standing, leaking small quantities of oil. As the dragonborn's healing blessing flows into it, the leaks cease. It swings its sword at Garcia once more, then steps back against the warehouse wall.

"Thank you, Skalisss. Together we can prevail!"

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Attack Garcia. Hit, maybe? Righteous Brand (vs. AC) on Garcia (1d20+7=20, 1d12+4=12) If a hit, Skalisss gets +4 power bonus to melee attacks against Garcia TENT.
Move: Shift one square west (can't pull up the map at the moment to get coordinates :() [/sblock]

[sblock=Ingot stat block]Ingot- Neuter Warforged Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP:16/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:7/9
Initiative -1
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Sacred Flame, Righteous Brand, Healing Word (x2), Healing Strike, Avenging Flame, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune/Turn Undead), Warforged Resolve
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Crag stomps his way out of the alleyway, trying to finally see what is happening to his friends. When he sees Garcia and Sakazaki double-team his friend, it enrages him and he charges Sakazaki, bringing his longsword down in an overhand chop. Calling on Terra's power, a thin sheet of rock springs up from the ground, making it hard for Sakazaki to see anyone but Crag. He wanted all of Sakazaki's attention. Crag speaks to the paladin loudly so that he can be heard over the sheet of rock.

"I am sorry for the delay friends, but I had a fire elemental to deal with. Thankfully Dorn was able to eliminate that other mage so that I could come and help you. How does this group fare?"

[sblock=Actions]
Move: Move 5 squares to H9.
Standard: Charge to J9 and attack Sakazaki. He hits AC 26 (including charge bonus) for 8 damage. (1d20+8=26, 1d8+4=8)
Free Action: Mark Sakazaki. [/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Crag, Warforged Warden 1
Passive Perception: 15
Passive Insight: 10
AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 12
HP: 25/42 Bloodied: 21 S.Value: 10 Surges: 13/14
Speed: 6, Initiative +0
Action Point: USED Second Wind: Not used

Current Conditions:

Powers:

Warden's Fury, Warden's Grasp, Strength of Stone, Thorn Strike