Adventure: Fire and Ice

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Mal]
P.S. I forgot to mention I nearly fell over laughing at your character's comments about the length of time for the battle/forgetting about the monk...good stuff, I'm glad I jumped in here.
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Lowering his head solemnly at his employers death, Crag searches through the rubble of the now demolished building for any survivors or further clues to this odd puzzle.

[sblock=OOC] Please roll for me renau1g, Crag has a +5 Perception [/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
-''Aww, don't make me blush mate. I dare say your very life is a tribute to the Great Forger, not just in body but in deed also. He is a civilized god, he doesn't take kindly to wacky ninjas attacking law-abiding citizens and he smiles on stalwart people who defend their comrade as loyally as you did just now. Make no mistake, crippled as I am, if you had succumbed to fire, I would have surely followed.

Now if I have the time, I will tell you the tale of how Heyfaistos stole the secrets of making spirits from other, more dissolute gods, and gave it unto the dwarves fo that we could make brewing into a real craft!''

Listening to the dwarf's explanation, Ingot nods.

"Crag, I agree with Hadrak, that our kind are a great example of the skill and craft which Heyfaistos embodies. But you should know that here in Daunton - where the god is known under the name Vulkar - not all share that belief. Since arcane magic is integral to our creation, they view us as products of the wizard's art, rather than the smith's. But anyhow, when we get a chance I would like to bring you to visit Daunton's Forge, where I and all the other warforged I know were created. And if it's not too intrusive, I would love to hear more about your own unusual construction."

Ingot turns back to Hadrak. "Sir, I would also be honored to trade lore with you when it is more convenient. Your tale of the gift of spirits sounds a little bit different than the story that is told by the dwarves I have met here in Daunton..."

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn stands speechless, listening wide-eyed to the conversation flowing around him. You've got a lot to learn, Dorn, he thinks, his mind's voice taking on the familiar tones of his father. But his father would surely not have had this in mind were he to say those words.

Dorn smiles inwardly, imagining the look of surprise and shock on his father's face were he here to see Dorn among all these strange and powerful folk. Then, he frowns sadly, as he knows his father would never approve, no matter the number of powerful friends made or deadly enemies defeated. Magic was something to be feared and avoided, no matter its utility. No matter if Dorn could not rid himself of his power, though he had tried many times.

renau1g

First Post
During Crag's search of the rubble he spots a diary that appears to have fallen from Hiram's notebook with the following entry of note:

[sblock=Diary Note]
Brother Micah has sent me on a mission of great import, the worst is occuring and we are defenseless against the suspected cult. I have been tasked with travelling to Daunton and attempting to acquire Threehammers aid against the foes, barring that I should travel to the local inn, The Hanged Man, a known hang out of adventurer's and recruit a group of well armed and well trained mercenaries to aid us. Once I hire them, I am to guide them to the Jeron Monastary island compound to meet with Brother Micah."
[/sblock]

As Hadrak searches the skiff he finds a small satchel containing three softly glowing red potions, that he's sure have a curative quality to them.

[sblock=OOC]
Potions of Healing
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Crag gives a short "hmmm..." before showing his find to the others.

"It seems we are in luck. This diary shows us that we need to head to the Jeron Monastery... wherever that happens to be. It says that the Jeron Monastery is an Island Compound and that he was going to meet with a Brother Micah. Hiram was also traveling to Daunton so that he could meet with someone called Threehammers. Does any of this sound familiar to you guys? I for one am completely lost."

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
You'd probably know of Threehammers, he's one of the Five.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Hadrak]
Additionally, there is a crumpled rudimentary map leading to an island not too far from Daunton.
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Hmm, well, I am Onehammer,that should be good enough.'' Hadrak says with a straight face. ''Well, let's go to Jeron then. One of you strong guys should grab Hiram bodies. He deserves a burial at his monastery.''

Mal steps toward the docks and shouts Loudly to the attention of the many captains.

-''HEY! WHICH OF YOU IS ABOUT TO LEAVE FOR THE JERON MONASTERY'S ISLAND? HIRED BY A GUY NAMED HIRAM? COME ON NOW, WE ARE THE FARE YOU ARE EXPECTING! DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE PAJAMAS GOONS. WE TOOK CARE OF THEM.''

[sblock=Renaug1]Am I wrong to assume a captain was supposed to navigate us to the island. Because Hadrak sure can't do it, unless this is a ferry and all you have to do is pull on a rope!

Hopefully the captain/fisherman/guy-who-can-use-a-skiff-without-drowning that was to take Hiram to the island just answer. Otherwise, Hadrak has insight +10 to note who reacts to his annuncement, but you'd need to roll it manually because IC seems down.

If there isn't supposed to be a captain I'll edit. Or not. Maybe Hiram can navigate and Hadrak was just hopeful that they wouldn't have to do the same![/sblock]

[sblock=Potions]I say the potions go to Dorn, Crag and Skaliss. It gives them a healing option if the clerics go down.[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
The docks are mostly deserted, any sane person has long since taken his leave when weapons, magical attacks, and martial arts were unleashed. However, a streetperson stumbles out from behind one of the warehouses and shuffles over to you. His rags are wearing thin, and the smell emanating from him is enough to gag even the warforged. "I mighta sawd how they came in? Maybe you give me something I give you something?" the man says, his hand out expectantly.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Renagaug1]Came in? Didn't Hiram came to Daunton with the afore mentioned skiff (whose captain I hoped was within earshot).

Or was that skiff where I found the potion the one used by the ninja's?[/sblock]

Hadrak eyes the fellow dubiously, but decides that even if he is lying, that poor guy probably needs charity anyway. Since there was nothing to lose, the Dwarf produces a gold piece and hands it to the so there was nothing to lose.

-''Here man, spend it wisely. What can you tell me?''

Remove ads