Adventure: Fire and Ice

JRYoung

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC: Cover?]
Don, don't all the PC's and NPC's on the map currently have cover against each other due to the buildings?
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
Ingot quickly sizes up the situation. It could push past the dragonborn, but that seems risky. Better to let the veteran take the lead and support him...

[sblock=OOC]I'd like to delay until after Skalisss, if possible... unless my knowledge check means I have to take my turn now? :-S [/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Technically? Yes. My bad.

The downside of being a speedy DM is that I am (occasionally) a sloppy DM. I'll change the posts now.[/sblock][sblock=SECOND OOC]You can, but doing so permanently moves your initiative count down to after Skalisss. You can if you want to.[/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Wait, did Ryu and Ken move out of turn? So you undid that?

Ok, I'd still like to delay until after Skalisss (and Ryu/Ken) if possible.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=OOC, yes delay!]That's fine Don. I'll delay until after Skalisss.

Go, Big Blue! Go![/sblock]

[sblock=Ingot stat block]Ingot- Neuter Warforged Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Initiative -1
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Sacred Flame, Righteous Brand, Healing Word (x2), Healing Strike, Avenging Flame, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune/Turn Undead), Warforged Resolve
[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
The two monks strike combat poses. The one in white shouts "Fear the flaming fists of Sakazaki, and the Red Dragon style!"

The one in red responds in kind. "Beware the blazing boots of Garcia, and the White Dragon style!"

The first one turns to the second. "You're not WEARING any boots."

"I know that! I'm trying to be whatsit, alligorative."

"Alligorative? Is that even a word?"

"Yeah, it's like when a bunch of words start with the same letter. Fear the frozen fists, beware the burning boots, stuff like that."

"...That's alliterative, idiot."

"Don't call me an idiot, jerk!"

"You're a jerk!"

Kabuto loudly clears his throat, and the two monks quickly cease their bickering. They advance forward, ready to surroung the first combatant who emerges from the alley (the idiot twins move on the same initiative. They advance to G9 and H9, and ready an action. What action? Who can say? :p).

Map

INITATIVE:
Ninja C5: 23
Ninja L5: 22
Kabuto: 20
Nerdytender: 15
Ninja H8: 15
Ryu and Ken: 14
Skalisss : 13<<Your Turn!
Ryryguy: right here
Fire: 5
Ninja C6: 5
Kalidrev: 5
Ice: 4
Mal Malenkirk: 2

JRYoung

First Post
OOC: Great stuff!

"Hold here friendsss, we can afford to be patient. Make them come to usss. Ingot, attack the Ice creature" directs Skalisss to his comrades.

[SBLOCK=Actions]
Minor Action: Channel Divinity: Divine Strength, +4 damage to next melee attack this turn.

Standard Action: Bolstering Strike vs Blue Ice creature (w/ cover). attk (inc -2 for cover) and damage (1d20+6=12, 1d8+4=11)
Only 12 AC, probably a miss. I did not add the extra 4 damage, total will be 15 points of damage if it is a hit. On a hit Skalisss also gains 2 temp hit points.
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Mini Stat Block]
Skalisss - Male Dragonborn Paladin 2
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18
AC:22, Fort:16, Reflex:14, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP 33/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 9, Surges left 11/11
Powers -
Valiant Strike
Bolstering Strike

Piercing Smite
Paladin's Judgement
Dragon Breath
Lay on Hands x2
Healing Word
Sacred Circle

Divine Challenge
Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength USED
Healing Surge from Dwarven Plate Armor
[/SBLOCK]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Okie dokie... although the ice creature may have superior cover to me? I don't think so, but even if it does, no one else is in range...
[/sblock]

Ingot nods. "Right, Skalisss!" It points its fullblade at the ice creature. "Feel the flames of Vulkar's forge, guardian!"

[sblock=Actions]

Standard Action: Sacred Flame vs. Ice ball. 10 vs Reflex for 9 radiant damage, probably does not hit, if so then 1 temp hp to Skalisss.

Minor Action: look around for any hidden ninjas...
Perception check: 17
[/sblock]
[sblock=Skalisss]Healing word now would have some overage since you're down just your surge value... but let me know when/if you want one anyway![/sblock]

[sblock=Ingot stat block]Ingot- Neuter Warforged Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Initiative -1
Powers: Sacred Flame, Righteous Brand, Healing Word (x2), Healing Strike, Avenging Flame, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune/Turn Undead), Warforged Resolve
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
Rigas watches with slight amusement as both Skalisss and Ingot fail to land their attacks. Cracking a grin, he turns and punches the building next to him. There is a great rumbling, and the building comes crashing down. It looked old, abandoned, and was probably falling down anyway, but still, it is an impressive display of power. Rigas gives the party one last look before heading off to chase Hiram (Rigas leaves the battle. I don't think you'll even be able to follow if you wanted to. The gray-ish tan where the leftmost building once stood is now difficult terrain for everyone that isn't a magic flying elemental or a ninja).

The last ninja runs down from the docks to the edge of the buildings (moves to C9).

The fire-thing shifts to the left, coming into full view of Crag and Hadrak. It lashes a fiery tendril at Crag, catching the warforged off-guard and leaving a deadly scorched scar across his chest (Fire shifts to D9 and, ugh, crits Crag for 19 fire damage).

Map

INITATIVE:
Ninja C5: 23
Ninja L5: 22
Kabuto: 20
Nerdytender: 15
Ninja H8: 15
Sakazaki and Garcia: 14
Skalisss : 13
Ryryguy: right here
Fire: 5
Ninja C9: 5