Adventure: Fire and Ice

Kalidrev

First Post
Crag sees a blur of movement and feels a deep burning sensation. He thrusts his shield up to block the fiery attack, but the damage has already been done. He lashes out wildly at the fiery tendril in an attempt to make it back off.

"Terran spirits protect me! Give me the strength of stone!"

[sblock=OOC]OUCH! THAT HURT! Nearly 1/2 my hit points in one shot! Too bad my attack most likely missed and I won't get my temp hp :( [/sblock]

[sblock=Crag stat block:]
Crag, Warforged Warden 1
Passive Perception: 15
Passive Insight: 10
AC 20, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 12
HP: 23/42 Bloodied: 21 S.Value: 10 Surges: 14/14
Speed: 6, Initiative +0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: Not used

Current Conditions: None

Powers:

Warden's Fury, Warden's Grasp, Strength of Stone, Thorn Strike
Earth Spikes, Warforged Resolve
Form of the Willow Sentinel
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Kalidrev]
Did you forget to mark the fire ball by chance or decided not to? (it may not make too much difference...)

Oh, and 19 damage is almost half your hit points? That's sick! In a good way! :p
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Ryryguy]LOL, yeah, having 42 HP at lvl 1 is awesomeness all around! And yeah, I actually forgot to mark him, but it's no big deal... he can't get THROUGH me to get to the dwarf, and I seriously doubt that it will go scampering off through ryu and ken to get to Skalisss, you, and Dorn.[/sblock]

Don Incognito

First Post
Crag swings his weapon wildly at the floating flame, but is unable to connect.

The ice creature floats over the wreckage caused by Rigas and lashes an icy tendril toward Ingot. The warforged fails to raise his fullblade in time to block, and like his comrade he is struck by the elements. It is a glancing blow, however, so the icy chill that washes over Ingot's body fades rather quickly (Ice shifts to K10 and hits Ingot for 4 cold damage).

Map

INITATIVE:
Ninja C5: 23
Ninja L5: 22
Kabuto: 20
Nerdytender: 15
Ninja H8: 15
Sakazaki and Garcia: 14
Skalisss : 13
Ryryguy: right here
Fire: 5
Ninja C9: 5
Kalidrev: 5
Ice: 4
Mal Malenkirk: 2<<Your Turn!

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Hadrak is furious at the fire elemental. It is burning his allies and heating his ale! What a true abomination in the Great Forger's eye.

He steps back to get a better view on the hateful enemy and then boldly presents his dwarven ale cask as a holy symbol, invoking the wrath of his god on the heathen heater.

[sblock]Well, technically Hadrak has his holy symbol around his neck, but since it isn't magical, the power might as well be channelled through the cask, for all the difference it will make...

Move : Shift to E12
Standard : Lance of faith

Lance of Faith vs Reflex (1d20+5=17, 1d8+6=13)

+2 to hit on Crag's next attack against the elemental.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Crag]I was tempted to heal Crag but there was a 33% chances I would have wasted a few points... Beside, Warforged resolve is more powerful when you are bloodied. That can mean a 3-5 difference in HP over the course of the fight. Let's hope you don't lose 23 points before my next chance to heal you but I am ready to take that chance. lol.

PS: I stepped back so if you want you can shift back and use your pulling power to get the elemental deeper in the alley, restricting the number of people who can attack you in melee.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat]Hadrak - Male Dwarf Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
AC:16, Fort:12, Reflex:11, Will:17 -- Speed:5
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Lance of Faith
Sacred Flame

Divine Glow
Healing Word
Healing Word
Channel Divinity

Cascade of Light
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Hadrak] Since my surge value is 10, unless you have the ability to give me more than 9 points of extra healing from your Wis mod or other things, there is no chance that you would waste any healing points, since I was dealt 2 points less than my bloody value, which is twice my surge value. I was hit pretty hard, so the healing would have been appreicated. On the other-hand, unless I get critted my flamie again, I think I'll be fine. It'll probably hit me for somewhere between 5 and 15 more hit points and I'll be able to use my Warforged Resolve (which will give me 3 TMP HP and 3 Real HP since at that point I'll be bloodied), though that's not all that great. With the boost from your Lance of Faith, I think I'll use Warforged Resolve and then try again with my Strength of Stone for the extra 2 Tmp HP (cause 5 tmp hp is better than 3 =P). You keep blastin away with your cask-infused holy powers, and I'll keep on takin the hits. We'll down mr. flame head soon enough :D Also, I'll probably take up your advice on the next round after that and pull the fire elemental into the alley if he's not down by then. [/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Re: Temp HPs] Very true, which is exactly why using Strength of Stone would give me 5 temp hp and not 8. The Warforged Resolve would give me 3 real HP, 3 Temp HP, then I would use Strength of Stone to give me my con mod (5) in Temp HP, which would not stack with the 3 from Warforged Resolve, but is not wasted (IMHO) due to the real healing that WR gives (plus the free saving throw vs ongoing dmg, if needed, is nice). Eventually, I will not need to do that, because WR gives 3 + 1/2 lvl, and that will eventually be much better than my con mod ^_^[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Crag]
With the boost from your Lance of Faith, I think I'll use Warforged Resolve and then try again with my Strength of Stone for the extra 2 Tmp HP (cause 5 tmp hp is better than 3 =P).

No! First use Strenght of stone. If it hits, don't waste Resolve. If Stone misses, then use Resolve. Basically, only use resolve on a round when stone missed or wasn't used.

And yes, I can do better than 9 extra points. 1D6+5= Max 11

But more than the 33% chances of wasting 1 or 2 points, I tend to hold off a but from healing as long as I am fairly confident my ally can stand another round. There's only 2 to go around, after all, and even though Fire puff hits like a sledgehammer, he only attacks at +6.
[/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
[sblock=Hadrak]Wow, good to know that you can heal me my bloody value! That's impressive, especially since that means you can do even more for everyone else. And that's good solid logic. That punk just got a lucky hit in. I'll use Stone one more time and then if that happens to miss, I'll go for my Resolve power. Thanks for the idea![/sblock]

Remove ads