Adventure: Fire and Ice

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=DM]Crag shifted to E11 and pulled fire to E10[/sblock]

Hadraks continues brandishing his holy cask with much success, blasting the Fire elemantal once more, the radiant light overflowing to heal Crag's wounds.

-''There be no doubts, this is good ale!''

[sblock=OOC]
Standard Action : Lance of Faith

Lance of Faith vs Reflex (1d20+5=21, 1d8+6=10) hit! 10 damage

Crag has +2 on his next attacks vs Fire, hoping he doesn't forget it this time. ;)

Minor Action : Healing word

Bonus HP (1d6+5=7)

Crag heals HS +7 (17 total)¸
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat]Hadrak - Male Dwarf Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
AC:16, Fort:12, Reflex:11, Will:17 -- Speed:5
HP:27/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value: 6, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers -
Lance of Faith
Sacred Flame

Divine Glow
Healing Word
Healing Word
Channel Divinity

Cascade of Light
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Don Incognito

First Post
The fire elemental reels from the light of Hadrak's holy symbol (hit!).

NINJAS! Round 2

One of the ninjas runs down the dock and, brandishing a short sword, tries to stab Skalisss. The attack fails to pierce the dragonborn's armor, but before Skalisss can make a retaliatory swing the ninja is gone in a puff of smoke, only to re-appear a moment later a few feet away (Ninja H6 moves to I9 to flank with the Ice elemental against Skalisss, which cancels out the concealment. It misses. He then ninja shifts to H9 to avoid an opportunity attack).

Kabuto smirks as he watches Crag retreat into the alley, pulling the fire elemental with him. Emboldened by the prospect of having something between him and his target, the mage steps into the open and shoots a blast of frostfire into the alley. The bolt of energy passes harmlessly through the elemental and strikes Crag in his chest. As a warforged, Crag's sense of touch is blunted almost to the point of non-existance. but he has sense enough to recognize when parts of his body are hot or cold. Oddly enough, he now feels both the sensation of heat and frost where he was hit by the mage (Kabuto moves to E10 and lets loose a Frostfire bolt, which hits Crag for 25 reflex, 6 fire and cold damage).

Map

INITATIVE:
Ninja H9 (5 temp hp): 23
Ninja L5: 22
Kabuto (Kawarimi no Jutsu expended): 20
Nerdytender: 15<<Your Turn!
Ninja H8 (5 temp hp): 15
Sakazaki (5 temp hp) and Garcia (5 temp hp): 14
Skalisss(marked by Garcia): 13
Ryryguy: right here
Fire (35 damage, marked by Crag, bloodied): 5
Ninja C9 (5 temp hp): 5
Kalidrev: 5
Ice (19 damage, DC by Skalisss): 4
Mal Malenkirk: 2

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn's swagger and thundering aspect immediately fades away in the presence of the ice creature, his face a mask of fear. Dorn has come under attack before, and he understands that adventure entails risk, but he never truly understood that mortal peril is sometimes involved. Until now.

Trying to master his fear, he raises his hands, which begin to glow a bright red before fading again (OOC: Burning spray misses both ice elemental and monk - drat!). Dorn's face registers fear as well as frustration now. He was determined to show the others what he is capable of - now his main concern is getting out of this mess alive.

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 1
Passive Perception 9, Passive Insight 9
AC 14, Fort 11, Reflex 14, Will 16 (base defenses)
HP 22/22, Bloodied 11 Surge Value 5, Surges 6/6
Speed 6, Initiative +4
Action Points: 1

Current Effects
Wild Soul: Thunder (resist 5, ignore 5 resistance)

Encounter Resources
Bedeviling Burst
Furious Assault
Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Chromatic Orb
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Skalisss]FYI, I'm thinking that if the ninjas hit you and mark you again, it might make sense for me to attack the ice ball with Healing Strike. You still might want to attack the ice ball, since you'll have the bonus from last round's Righteous Brand - or you might not, in case the ninjas have some interrupt triggered by you being marked and attacking someone else. And/or, you might want to use Divine Challenge on one of the ninjas, since Healing Strike will mark the ice ball (if it hits).

Lots of "ifs" and "mights" :) and it depends what the ninjas do... but I wanted to let you know that I am ready to use Healing Strike should it seem to make sense.[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
[sblock=Skalisss]FYI, I'm thinking that if the ninjas hit you and mark you again, it might make sense for me to attack the ice ball with Healing Strike. You still might want to attack the ice ball, since you'll have the bonus from last round's Righteous Brand - or you might not, in case the ninjas have some interrupt triggered by you being marked and attacking someone else. And/or, you might want to use Divine Challenge on one of the ninjas, since Healing Strike will mark the ice ball (if it hits).

Lots of "ifs" and "mights" :) and it depends what the ninjas do... but I wanted to let you know that I am ready to use Healing Strike should it seem to make sense.[/sblock]

[SBLOCK=Ingot]Sounds like a very good move, depending on what happens next. I agree with concentrating on Ice, dropping it simplifies things greatly. Thanks! [/SBLOCK]

Don Incognito

First Post
The monks are an explosion of movement. They move in rhythem, dropping to the ground and rolling before rising and attacking Skalisss and Ingot. At the same time, one of the ninjas dissapears in a puff of smoke only to appear next to Skalisss brandishing a short sword. The ninja's sword and Garcia's flaming feet are able to pierce Skalisss' defenses, but Sakazaki's icy fists are easily dodged my Ingot. Sakazaki scowls while Garcia grins. They each then dissapear in a puff of smoke, only to reappear in the midsts of the rubble(Sakazaki and Garcia shift to K10 and K9, respectively. They then ready the rest of their actions. The ninja at H8 moves to I9, ninja shifts to J9, then attacks Skalisss, which hits for 4 damage. Garcia attacks Skalisss, which hits for 4 fire damage. Sakazaki attacks Ingot, which misses. Garcia then ninja shifts to L9, then Sakazaki ninja shifts to L10).

Map

INITATIVE:
Ninja H9 (5 temp hp): 23
Ninja L5: 22
Kabuto (Kawarimi no Jutsu expended): 20
Nerdytender: 15
Ninja J9 (5 temp hp): 15
Sakazaki (5 temp hp) and Garcia (5 temp hp): 14
Skalisss(marked by Garcia): 13<<Your Turn!
Ryryguy: right here
Fire (35 damage, marked by Crag, bloodied): 5
Ninja C9 (5 temp hp): 5
Kalidrev: 5
Ice (19 damage, DC by Skalisss): 4
Mal Malenkirk: 2

JRYoung

First Post
OOC: It is time for Invisible Castle to give us some love!

Skalisss, bleeding and burned, lets out a howling hiss of pain. Surrounded by enemies he knows the one at his flank must be dealt with first, despite the consequences. "Die, Ice beassst!"

Standard Action: Piercing Smite against Ice; vs REF; attack and damage (1d20+9=15, 2d8+4=18)
Skalisss is +1 to hit while bloddied. He is +4 from Righteous Brand. This is -2 to hit since Skalisss is marked by Garcia, so it is 17 vs REF. If it hits it will do 18 damage and the target and up to two adjacent enemies will be marked.

Convert Move Action to a Minor: Dragon Breath on the two regular ninjas (lightning); vs REF; attack and damage; +1 for Skalisss being bloodied, and -2 for being marked by Garcia included. (1d20+6=14, 1d6+1=3)
1st attack roll against the ninja in square J9.
Dragon Breath on the ninja in square H9 (lightning); vs REF; attack +1 for Skalisss being bloodied, and -2 for being marked by Garcia included. (1d20+6=19)
This blast gets squares J7/8/9, I7/8/9, H7/8/9.

Minor Action: Divine Challenge on Ice Creature.

Free Action: Use healing surge from Dwarven Plate Armor, gain 9 hit points.

[SBLOCK=Mini Stat Block]
Skalisss - Male Dragonborn Paladin 2
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18
AC:22, Fort:16, Reflex:14, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP 25/33, Bloodied 16, Surge Value 9, Surges left 11/11
Conditions: marked by Garcia
Powers -
Valiant Strike
Bolstering Strike

Divine Challenge
Piercing Smite USED
Dragon Breath USED
Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle
Channel Divinity: Divine Strength USED
Paladin's Judgement
Lay on Hands x2
Healing Word
Sacred Circle
Healing Surge from Dwarven Plate Armor USED
[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Nice shot! Hopefully it will hit. (I assume you added the bonus from Righteous Brand - if not you will definitely hit!)

So now you don't need healing I guess... I'll save Healing Strike.

Don't you need to make two attack rolls for the breath, one for each ninja?

These ninjas are so shifty, it's going to be hard to keep them off Dorn once Ice goes down if they decide to go after him. We'll see...

Will post my actual move shortly.
[/sblock]

JRYoung

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Nice shot! Hopefully it will hit. (I assume you added the bonus from Righteous Brand - if not you will definitely hit!)

So now you don't need healing I guess... I'll save Healing Strike.

Don't you need to make two attack rolls for the breath, one for each ninja?

These ninjas are so shifty, it's going to be hard to keep them off Dorn once Ice goes down if they decide to go after him. We'll see...

Will post my actual move shortly.
[/sblock]

[SBLOCK=OOC]I forgot Righteous Brand, need to add it! And I do need to make two attack rolls with the close burst, you are correct.[/SBLOCK]

ryryguy

First Post
Ingot notes the fearful expression on the young half-orc's face after he comes under attack from the ice creature. "Take heart, Dorn!" it reassures him. "This battle is just getting started. We will prevail! And if you should fall, I am here to repair you - I mean, to heal you."

The warforged turns its attention back to the enemy ninjas, struggling to keep up as they roll and teleport around the battlefield. They are impressively mobile, it thinks. Perhaps now is the time for a taunt, to show that I am not intimidated?

There is a loud rasping noise as Ingot clears its throat. It shouts, "Ninjas! All your bouncing and rolling and poofing about is not intimidating! Rather, it is silly!"

All right! Adequate for my first attempt at a combat taunt, I hope... now, to back it up with action...

Ingot shifts its grip on its fullblade and moves in for another strike at the ice creature.

[sblock=Actions]Standard: Righteous Brand against Ice creature. (1d20+7=11, 1d12+4=5)
vs AC - a miss, I presume...[/sblock]
Oops. Maybe next time I should wait to taunt until after I hit something...

[sblock=Ingot stat block]Ingot- Neuter Warforged Cleric 1
Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13
AC:16, Fort:14, Reflex:11, Will:16 -- Speed:5
HP:23/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Initiative -1
Powers: Sacred Flame, Righteous Brand, Healing Word (x2), Healing Strike, Avenging Flame, Channel Divinity (Divine Fortune/Turn Undead), Warforged Resolve
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases