Proposal: Arcane Power

elecgraystone

First Post
Honestly, CS is more or less a flip of the coin how they rule. I've seen SO many answers that contridict OTHER CS answers that I more or less ignore them.

As far as sage advice, it's actually wirth a look. However, WOTC has put out MANY errata's. If it had indeed been repeatedly stated it should be in one.

Now personally I don't see powers making hindering terrain unless the power actually comes out and says it does. It depends if you think zones = terrain. I see terrain as as set features instead of temporary powers.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Agreed about CS.

I'll have to look through the Sage Advice. I assume we mean the online one, since I don't think their collected in Dragon anymore.

What's good for the geese is good for the gander. If monsters take multiple damage, so do PCs then.

Last edited:

Oni

First Post
Honestly, CS is more or less a flip of the coin how they rule. I've seen SO many answers that contridict OTHER CS answers that I more or less ignore them.

As far as sage advice, it's actually wirth a look. However, WOTC has put out MANY errata's. If it had indeed been repeatedly stated it should be in one.

While I agree about CS not necessarily being the most reliable source, I tend to put more stock in them when they're consistent on a topic.

Regarding errata I don't believe you'll see it in cases that are considered clarification rather than actual rules changes. In this case the idea is that they're not running counter to the the information printed in the DMG, but rather those rules are meant specifically for terrain and not for powers.

elecgraystone

First Post
Well to me that doesn't make any sense about the clairfications. If you keep seeing repeated questions about something, how hard is it to tell it's not clearly stated in the book? I would argue that several errata's to date HAVE been clairifications.

Target [Addition]
Player’s Handbook, page 57
Add the following sentences to the end of the first paragraph: “Some powers include objects as targets. At the DM’s discretion, a power that targets a creature can also target an object, whether or not the power lists an object as a potential target.”​

Hunter’s Quarry [Revision/Addition]
Player’s Handbook, page 104
In the first paragraph, replace “enemy nearest to you” with “nearest enemy to you that you can see.”​

Wall of Ice [Revision]
Player’s Handbook, page 165
Replace “As a standard action, a creature can attack one square of the wall” with “A creature can attack the wall.”​

garyh

First Post
I didn't see anything problematic in AP myself.

Now personally I don't see powers making hindering terrain unless the power actually comes out and says it does. It depends if you think zones = terrain. I see terrain as as set features instead of temporary powers.

As far as this goes, I'm with Elec, only powers that say they create terrain create terrain.

ukingsken

First Post
So when exactly in July does AP become Legal. Because tomorrow is my birthday and Vashik was hoping to get new power/feat access for my birthday. And I am still thinking 2nd character may be arcane in nature.

Secondly, any of you judges in your highspeed accessibility and judgely powers know what character roles/classes we have a distinct lack of here in L4W? Maybe that will help me with 2nd character decisions as I am playing my first choice elsewhere on EnWorld.

garyh

First Post
Just an impression, but we seem to have a lot more strikers than anything else. So if you want to help reinforce a thin spot in the community (and have an edge in getting into games), I'd say.... NOT a striker. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases