Proposal: Arcane Power - Page 13

+ Log in or register to post
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
    Ok, reading the recent updates, I realize I've been reading Illusory Wall wrong. Now it makes perfect sense to me as written:

It blocks line of sight.
    If a creature moves next to it, the caster may choose to make an attack.
    If the attack hits, the creature can't move through it this turn.
    If the attack misses, the creature can move through it for the entire encounter, and it no longer blocks line of sight for that creature.

I didn't notice that "blocks line of sight" and "creature can't move through it" were separate effects!

So the intent's pretty clear: if someone moves next to the wall, you can let them pass through, or you can choose to gamble and try and block them, but risk blowing the illusion entirely.

So, I withdraw my proposal to amend Illusory Wall. In fact, I withdraw all my proposals except the one about Grease. And I make the following new proposals instead:

1. Approve Planar Gateway as printed in the new errata.
    2. Approve Illusory Wall as printed in the new errata.
    3. Ban the entire Dragon magazine Illusions article, since all the powers in it are already in Arcane Power.

Plus 2 proposals are still open:
    Approve Grease as-is: 1 YES (proposed by covaithe, yes vote from me)
    Approve Grease with the amendment "sliding back into the zone does not trigger the attack again": 1 YES (proposed by me, yes vote from covaithe)

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Kalidrev
    I vote YES to Approve Planar Gateway, and Illusory Wall as printed in the new errata, and to Ban the entire Dragon magazine Illusions article, as long as all the powers in it are in Arcane Power.

I vote YES to Approve Grease with the amendment "sliding back into the zone does not trigger the attack again".

(Oh, GOD that feels good! )

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Blog Entries

Ignore stonegod
    Err.. with the auto-accept rules in place, anything errata-ed is auto-accepted unless it is banned. So, do folks have to vote on Illusory Wall et al.?
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

"You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Kalidrev
    Heh, I guess not. I had forgotten about the auto-accept rules. The only thing we would be voting for is the Grease spell, and my vote still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by stonegod View Post
    Err.. with the auto-accept rules in place, anything errata-ed is auto-accepted unless it is banned. So, do folks have to vote on Illusory Wall et al.?
    Well, it's not clear - I made a proposal, which overrides the auto-accept, but now I said, "I withdraw my proposal." Is that allowed? Is that enough to end a proposal once it's undergone debate and people other than the original proposer are invested in it? (In this case I think it is - nobody ever seemed to care much but me - but there's a principle to uphold. I'm just not sure what that principle is.)

Also, we do have to vote on banning the Dragon article. Otherwise, as the charter's written, I believe both the Dragon and AP versions of the powers are both legal. There are a couple of other things with multiple versions floating around now - Warforged for one - so maybe banning this one article for that reason isn't necessary. Or maybe we should be tracking down all the other articles that got reprinted with changes and voting on them - or voting on a generic rule to deal with the situation. I don't wanna deal with that can of worms right now.

So, other judges, what's going on with this? Since I was the one that had a problem with Illusory Wall, and I withdrew the objection, should I take it off the banned list? Or is it stuck on there until somebody else votes?

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore CaBaNa
    the errata is now unclear as to encounter or daily...
    MAGIC!

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Ignore Kalidrev
    I, personally, think that a proposal should be able to be removed. It's not like someone else couldn't just repropose it if they had a problem with you removing your proposal. I happen to think Illusiory Wall is just fine, now that the errata clears the power up a bit.

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore covaithe
    Yeah, if you're happy with the status quo ante, just withdraw your proposal and pretend it never existed.
    My games

Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore CaBaNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalidrev View Post
    I, personally, think that a proposal should be able to be removed. It's not like someone else couldn't just repropose it if they had a problem with you removing your proposal. I happen to think Illusiory Wall is just fine, now that the errata clears the power up a bit.
    Is Illusory wall an encounter or daily power according to the Errata?
    MAGIC!

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast